T-Mobile Interview Questions in Washington State | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.9

Senior Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Factoria, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Factoria, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacts you for an initial interview, if you pass then you will move onto an interview with the hiring manager. If you pass this, then you'll be invited for a full panel interview.

However, be prepared for the recruiter to troll your LinkedIn profile and make up a fake recommendation. I reached out to my old manager whom the recruiter said recommended me and she had no idea who the recruiter was nor did she recommend me for the role. Totally shady practice.

Also, the recruiting coordinator scheduled and confirmed my interview 2 hours before my interview was supposed to start, with instructions to show up 1 hour prior due to limited parking. Due to a variety of red flags, like the above, I pulled out of the application process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for T-Mobile?   1 Answer

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

The HR contacted about 2-3 weeks after the career fair. There were two rounds of interview and the process was very streamlined and accommodating. I learned a lot about T-Mobile as much more than just a network provider through these interviews.

Systems Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied on the company site and got a call from a recruiter the next week to set up a panel phone interview with the hiring manager and three senior engineers on the team. The phone interview went well and I was then selected for the final interview stage which was to be held on site at the Bellevue location.

This next stage comprised of a Skype/In-person interview with four senior and principal engineers on the team and another interview with three managers right after. I was in Texas on a project for my current job however and couldn't fly in so I interviewed at the Frisco office where two of the engineers on the team were based. I struggled to get the time off the project to go do the interview. I met with the engineers on time as scheduled but was told there was an emergency that came up and the managers couldn't make it to the interview.

Here's where things went south. They rescheduled to the next day. Again, I struggled to set time aside for the Skype interview and got stood up. None of the managers showed up for the call. Two hours after our scheduled meeting I received a response from one of the administrative assistants saying they want to reschedule to the next week, NO APOLOGY. I reluctantly accepted seeing that I already gave up a lot of time for this, I thought I might as well see it through. The managers showed up late to the next call and didn't even offer an apology or explanation for their discourtesy the previous week. They ignored me and just had a conversation with themselves for the first ten minutes of the call. Mind you, I'm still traveling on a project for my current employer so my time is still very tight. I was told I would be contacted in three days to know whether I was selected or not, which I needed because I was fielding another offer from a separate company. They never got back to me. Fortunately, I had enough and accepted the other offer. I think I'll be better with Amazon anyway so no loss.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions on past work experiences. Some technical questions on routing, scripting, general network engineering principles, and IP stack.   Answer Question

Customer Service Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellingham, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very involved process. Expect to upload a cover letter, resume, input all of that same info into another form, take an hour long assessment then a secondary questionnaire, phone or virtual interview and then a final interview with a tour, 30min phone call you listen into, call roleplay and standard interview at the end. Then a detailed credit history, employment and education background check. Don't apply to this job casually, it's a lot of work if you're not really interested.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you overcame an obstacle. What was the obstacle and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Senior Functional Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

The test manager really didn't engage with me. He did not discuss my experience. He conducted the interview as if I only had a few years experience.His questions weren't really test related. One of the other managers asked me questions I would only know with previous t-mobile experience, which I had none. His accent was very thick which proved to be difficult at times so I had to ask him to repeat questions often. It was a very uncomfortable interview and I felt that no one knew what they were doing. I was offered a position and turned it down because my gut told me that their team was disorganized based on how the managers conducted their interviews.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

I have onsite interviews for the whole day. Many questions are like brain teasers, but interviews will combine the question with their practical business. You need to be patient and give a logical solution for their questions. You can ask for a short break after every interview.

The first thing you need to do is to review the job description again and again, and then you have a basic understanding of what they are doing. Actually, there is no specific skill checking in the interview,.

Hadoop Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Seattle, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

Great way of conducting interviews they where two rounds of interview and covered all the topics
    first it was phone interview later it was skype interview covering all major topics of hadoop and data warehouse topics

Karketing & Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

There were a total of three rounds of phone calls, I made it to the second round. Both the first phone call and the second phone call were very similar (talk about your background, hear about the position, answer a technical question). I found both interviewers very professional and transparent throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Write a mathematical model based on the costs of sales, cost of marketing, and profit from 4 different pricing plans. Determine how many new customers are needed to break even if they reduce the pricing on one of the plans.   Answer Question

Retail Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Vancouver, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

It was easy, but I had a lot of experience in the field already. The hiring manager was clearly interested in hiring someone with experience, and I walked right through his door with everything he needed.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to come back to wireless?   1 Answer

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

got Recruiter phone call during work without any kind of notice, and then an email from the same recruiter. I had a phone screening in the same week. After that I had 3 rounds of phone interviews, 2 different recruiting coordinators who always CALLED ME DURING WORK. I mean, I know you are a telecom company, but that doesn't grant you to call job candidates during work. I withdrew because I didn't think the culture is a fit for me.
    So glad I don't have to pretend love T-mobile/would switch to T-Mobile soon, I do love ATT. I probably should have withdrawn earlier.

Interview Questions

T-Mobile Response

Mar 8, 2017 – T-Mobile Careers Team

We appreciate your honest feedback and will be relaying it to the interview team. We know your time is valuable and always want to be respectful of our candidate’s schedules. Thank you for taking the ... More