T. Rowe Price Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD | Glassdoor

2.8

88 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied through the university's job board. I did a 1:1 interview that was about 45 minutes long. I received a call back in less than a week and set up an interview at T Rowe Price's office.
    Second interview included two 1:1 interviews, a lunch, a tour, and transportation too and from their office (including flight). They told me I would hear back in about two weeks.
    Three weeks went by and I sent an email asking about my candidate status. I received a general email that said there were many qualified candidates and they would need more time to decided. I accepted another offer a couple weeks later. About 10 weeks after my second interview I got a call about offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider a harder subject: Accounting or Finance?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in two years? In ten years?   Answer Question

I was given an offer with another company that was for a lot more money, in a better location, for a job I was more interested in, and I went through a long interview process with this company (multiple interviews and steps) where I was contacted quickly after each step.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in January 2009.

Interview

Easy interview not very demanding more of an analysis of ability to work in team.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 8 months financially.   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online via my school's career job board. Heard back few days later to come in for an interview. There were five interviews with three PMs, one trader and another analyst. The interviews were relaxed and very informal. No tough questions, mostly fit. I was asked weird and inappropriate questions by the trader though. Like, about my relationship status etc. When I asked him if how he felt about the company, he said that he hated it except for the benefits. Other than that one interviewer, everyone else seemed normal.

Interview Questions

Decided to go with a different company

Videographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a recruiter and so interviewed with a head of the department. My interviewer was exceedingly enthusiastic and easy to talk to, and didn't ask any tedious "stock" questions, which made the interview feel much more natural, meaningful, and conversational. The process was a breeze and moved very quickly, as all involved seemed decisive and were responsive.

The cons of the process were mainly that it didn't seem as though my interviewer had reviewed my portfolio, (he had little to nothing to say about it other than that it was "great") which made me less secure going forward in how my past work/style/abilities could best suit the department.

Interview Questions

• What was your frequency of output in your last position? (How many deliverables per month/week?)   1 Answer

Negotiation

As I was a contractor, there was no negotiation and I had no idea precisely how much money T. Rowe was paying my recruiter for me, which is a little disorienting.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in January 2010.

Interview

Behavioral interview, no technicals.

Retirement Client Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in September 2008.

Interview

T. Rowe Price first called to do a short phone interview. The main purpose of this interview is to determine your personality over the phone, since the main duty as a Retirement Client Specialist is answering phones 95% of the day to provide customer service. After the phone interview I then had a interview at their headquarters in Ownings Mills, MD where I met with two managers who conducted a 30 minute interview. They ask 3 questions regarding past experiences with customer service.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer and the steps you took to resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations with salary.

Portfolio Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in April 2008.

Interview

Had an initial interview with a TRowe employee at my college career center. My second interview consisted of driving to the Owings Mills campus to have two 1:1 interviews with current managers. After the interviews I had several sit-ins with current employees and then a tour of the campus. The interviews were strictly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you encountered a conflict with a coworker or project team member and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unwilling to negotiate on the salary for this position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in March 2010.

Interview

I applied online and then recieved a message on my school career page saying that they wanted me to schedule an interview. Interview was very straight forward

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in March 2010.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview where I interviewed with a senior level executive who I met the previous evening at an information session. It was very laid back since everything she needed to know was on my resume. I asked A LOT of questions about the company to stretch the interview out to 30 minutes. After a week or so I was invited to the Owings Mill campus where I had 3 interviews with employees, a group tour, and a job shadow.

Interview Questions

The pay was too low and they were unwilling to negotiate.

Mutual Fund Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process is simple and quite straight forward. The HR individual was not very cordial which was disappointing. The Interview was also relatively short compared to some of the others I had done (about 1.5 hours for the interview with the hiring managers). All personality based questions. The Owings Mills office did seem very 'collegial' as described during phone interview, and the hours were more then reasonable.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in the past year to help someone else that was of no gain to you.   Answer Question