T. Rowe Price Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD | Glassdoor

2.8

81 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Equity Research Undergraduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Very straightforward. Started with a phone call with the man that ran the intern and AA program. Since I went to school near by, I came in for an additional interview on site with a few of the Associate Analysts. It was more informative in nature...there weren't any questions that tested my understanding, only questions to find out if I had an actual interest in stocks and investing.

Interview Questions

• What interests you most about the market?   Answer Question
    • Are there any stocks you are following currently? Do you feel comfortable pitching it?   Answer Question

Senior Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a corporate recruiter on LinkedIn. I had a phone interview with the recruiter and was questioned on my experience level and projects that I worked on as well as compensation offered at my current company. The following day, I had a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. Two weeks later, I was scheduled for a 3 hour interview. The interview was organized in 30 minute segments and I met and interviewed with 5 members of the development team. I met with the ScrumMaster, Product Owner, 2 developers, a data architect, and lastly the recruiter. The interviews were conducted in a friendly and personable fashion, which reflected the company culture. Most of the interviews were based off of what was in my resume, past experiences, behavior questions and a few technical questions. Be prepared to demonstrate your programming skills on the white board and to write a SQL query.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress? Have you ever been yelled at?   1 Answer
    • What do you look for in a company? What are your expectations in a company and what are your expectations in this role?   1 Answer
    • "Write a program that prints the numbers from 1 to 100. But for multiples of three print “Fizz” instead of the number and for the multiples of five print “Buzz”. For numbers which are multiples of both three and five print “FizzBuzz”."   1 Answer
    • How do you optimize queries?   Answer Question

Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed on the phone and went to their owing mills campus location a week later for an in person interview. There they did and overview and tour of the company for about half an hour.I had one interviewer who was the manager. First she asked me about my background and basic stuff on my resume.

(IT) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

Very behavioral oriented. Interested in previous work experience, especially if it is related to anything in finance or technology. Basic algorithm questions. Asked which programming languages and if I had any knowledge with databases. Overall, very flexible and simple. Big plus if you have experience or knowledge working with SQL. Ultimately, it was more behavioral oriented with a few technical questions (see interview questions).

Interview Questions

• What's the worst-case run time for binary search?
      What RDBMS have you worked with?
      When did you encounter a problem, and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fair and holistic. I was able to meet all of the managers within the division I was interviewing for, and was able to ask each questions about the firm and the job description. All questions were expected and none out of left field. Mainly personality questions and examples of times when I had done specific tasks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you faced a challenge, personally or professionally.   Answer Question

Pmg Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview followed by a 3 hours in-person interview (5 back-to-back interviews). The phone interview had general behavioral questions. I met a recruiter at their downtown Baltimore office and had five interviews in a row, some from managers and others from past interns (the interns had difficult brain teasers).

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Taleo application online, basic arithmetic test, phone screening and then a panel based behavioral interview. Prepare well for the interview . They are very big in interviews. The whole process took about two months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a customer that you helped.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

I was happy to take an interview with the Sr. Recruiter over the phone. The call was productive and lasted the full allotted time. I received positive feedback and was instructed to await the next step.
    As a next step, I was invited to interview with the hiring VP. The allocated time was 1 hr., but could have gone much longer based on the many discussion points. I received positive feedback on my experiences and knowledge as it translates to the position of interest.
    Two business days later I received the proverbial form rejection email. I later received information from an HR representative at T. Rowe Price that an individual had already been selected, but due to corporate policy, the company had to post the position and go thru the motions of interviewing candidates.
    Although this is most unfortunate, I don’t believe this is representative of how the whole company functions. My recommendation to T. Rowe Price is to not waste other potential candidate’s time just to be politically correct.

Interview Questions

• What were my thoughts on industry related challenges.   1 Answer

Participant Services Center Representative (PSC) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview for screening, then in-person group behavioral style interview.In-person group panel was a presentation of benefits for employees and then a group panel interview.Interviewers were managers from the department. Be prepared with several anecdotal stories because they ask behavioral/situational based questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you dealt with an unhappy customer-how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Phone interviews then flown in to a series of interviews at the Baltimore office (visited the office for interviews on two separate occasions). Behavioral questions, stock market questions, some case study-like questions, and big on why TRP and why Baltimore. Interviewers were friendly and weren't trying to make you sweat or stress out. Very smooth process though the big deciding factor is whether they think you will do well in the TRP culture.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were completely out of left field. Some of the case study questions were interesting, but not meant to throw you in a hole.   Answer Question