T. Rowe Price Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD | Glassdoor

2.8

84 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview with a recruiter ( Recruiter was very knowledgeable about the company and position which made me want to explore opportunities with T. Rowe Price

On-line assessment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) ( Liked the option of completing it electronically)

Interviews with hiring department and recruiter ( The interview was thorough and informative)

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous work experience?
      What are some of my hobbies?
      Why do I want to work for T. Rowe Price   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. I interviewed with two different people back to back. They both asked the same questions so it was a bit redundant, but that only made it easier in the second interview. The interviewers were kind and made me feel as relaxed as possible.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were working in a group and you had a disagreement with someone. How did you go about communicating the disagreement?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were a leader in a group. What were the successes and challenges?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have that makes you feel you are the appropriate candididate for this position.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were assigned a job or task without any guidance or instruction to complete the task.   Answer Question
    • When you are faced with a problem, how do you approach solving that problem?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you used technology to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Pmg Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview followed by a 3 hours in-person interview (5 back-to-back interviews). The phone interview had general behavioral questions. I met a recruiter at their downtown Baltimore office and had five interviews in a row, some from managers and others from past interns (the interns had difficult brain teasers).

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

There was first a phone interview. I was then scheduled an in-person interview at their Owings Mills location. The process was fairly quick and easy. Most to all questions asked were behavioral. Nothing technical was asked.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial interview with HR manager, then Technical Phone Interview, then onsite interview. Onsite Interview lasted 1 full day. They were 30 minute interviews from 9:00 AM all the way to 2:30 with a 1 hour lunch. One of the interviewers stood me up. The overall hiring manager had just gotten back from Nevada and was exhausted and could not really interview.

Interview Questions

• Common question was how to handle disagreement, discord, and anger in meetings.   Answer Question
    • Another question was how to handle the "old timers" on staff with me being new to the company.   Answer Question
    • They were also interested in my involvement with professional groups by attending local meetings.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fair and holistic. I was able to meet all of the managers within the division I was interviewing for, and was able to ask each questions about the firm and the job description. All questions were expected and none out of left field. Mainly personality questions and examples of times when I had done specific tasks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you faced a challenge, personally or professionally.   Answer Question

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD).

Interview

I received a message on LinkedIn from a third-party recruiter informing me that there was a position with T. Rowe Price for an internal wholesaler on the retail side. I scheduled a time to speak with Chris Ferrara, one of the T. Rowe Price sales desk managers on their broker dealer channel. The questions were simple and easy enough with typical behavioral questions as well as your opinion on the capital markets. They flew me out to Owings Mills for a super day of interviews. They interviewed in either groups of two or one on one depending on who is available for that day. The day was capped off with a presentation in front of the people I interviewed with. The topic was pretty broad and I could have presented on a current product/strategy I was selling since I'm already in internal wholesaler with another company. Again, no questions from left field as long as you're prepared for the typical interview questions such as dealing with difficult situations, success stories, as well as brushing up on your knowledge of the capital markets.

Interview Questions

• What's your opinion on the markets right now?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you and your external wholesaler did not agree on something and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Equity Research Undergraduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Very straightforward. Started with a phone call with the man that ran the intern and AA program. Since I went to school near by, I came in for an additional interview on site with a few of the Associate Analysts. It was more informative in nature...there weren't any questions that tested my understanding, only questions to find out if I had an actual interest in stocks and investing.

Interview Questions

• What interests you most about the market?   Answer Question
    • Are there any stocks you are following currently? Do you feel comfortable pitching it?   Answer Question

(IT) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

Very behavioral oriented. Interested in previous work experience, especially if it is related to anything in finance or technology. Basic algorithm questions. Asked which programming languages and if I had any knowledge with databases. Overall, very flexible and simple. Big plus if you have experience or knowledge working with SQL. Ultimately, it was more behavioral oriented with a few technical questions (see interview questions).

Interview Questions

• What's the worst-case run time for binary search?
      What RDBMS have you worked with?
      When did you encounter a problem, and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Senior Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a corporate recruiter on LinkedIn. I had a phone interview with the recruiter and was questioned on my experience level and projects that I worked on as well as compensation offered at my current company. The following day, I had a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. Two weeks later, I was scheduled for a 3 hour interview. The interview was organized in 30 minute segments and I met and interviewed with 5 members of the development team. I met with the ScrumMaster, Product Owner, 2 developers, a data architect, and lastly the recruiter. The interviews were conducted in a friendly and personable fashion, which reflected the company culture. Most of the interviews were based off of what was in my resume, past experiences, behavior questions and a few technical questions. Be prepared to demonstrate your programming skills on the white board and to write a SQL query.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress? Have you ever been yelled at?   1 Answer
    • What do you look for in a company? What are your expectations in a company and what are your expectations in this role?   1 Answer
    • "Write a program that prints the numbers from 1 to 100. But for multiples of three print “Fizz” instead of the number and for the multiples of five print “Buzz”. For numbers which are multiples of both three and five print “FizzBuzz”."   1 Answer
    • How do you optimize queries?   Answer Question