T. Rowe Price Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD | Glassdoor

2.8

85 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

I was happy to take an interview with the Sr. Recruiter over the phone. The call was productive and lasted the full allotted time. I received positive feedback and was instructed to await the next step.
    As a next step, I was invited to interview with the hiring VP. The allocated time was 1 hr., but could have gone much longer based on the many discussion points. I received positive feedback on my experiences and knowledge as it translates to the position of interest.
    Two business days later I received the proverbial form rejection email. I later received information from an HR representative at T. Rowe Price that an individual had already been selected, but due to corporate policy, the company had to post the position and go thru the motions of interviewing candidates.
    Although this is most unfortunate, I don’t believe this is representative of how the whole company functions. My recommendation to T. Rowe Price is to not waste other potential candidate’s time just to be politically correct.

Interview Questions

• What were my thoughts on industry related challenges.   1 Answer

Participant Services Center Representative (PSC) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview for screening, then in-person group behavioral style interview.In-person group panel was a presentation of benefits for employees and then a group panel interview.Interviewers were managers from the department. Be prepared with several anecdotal stories because they ask behavioral/situational based questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you dealt with an unhappy customer-how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Phone interviews then flown in to a series of interviews at the Baltimore office (visited the office for interviews on two separate occasions). Behavioral questions, stock market questions, some case study-like questions, and big on why TRP and why Baltimore. Interviewers were friendly and weren't trying to make you sweat or stress out. Very smooth process though the big deciding factor is whether they think you will do well in the TRP culture.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were completely out of left field. Some of the case study questions were interesting, but not meant to throw you in a hole.   Answer Question

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

Was referred by a friend. Afterwards, asked to do quick phone interview with HR. Very friendly, passed on to come in to meet three senior associates. Had two different interviews, asked the same questions in both. All were very friendly and willing to explain the job to me. Overall great experience with them!

Interview Questions

• Why T. Rowe Price? What was your favorite class in school? If you won 1 million dollars, what would you spend it on?   Answer Question

Manager, Fraud/AML - Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a telephone screening with the Business Unit Human Resources Representative. The Rep provided a detailed description of the company, its culture, and of the position. The Rep provided an overview of the company benefits but did not discuss compensation. The Rep then asked standard interview questions. They also gave the candidate an opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked that the candidate provide an example of identifying and implementing a processes improvement.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

In-person interview where I interviewed with three people in the IT department, one on the team level, a first level manager, and a senior manager. All three were very friendly and held great conversation. After their questions were answered I asked them nearly as many questions and they responded thoroughly and honestly. The atmosphere was very positive and it was actually an enjoyable to interview to be on.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about some of the projects that you have worked on in the past.   Answer Question
    • Q: What's your 5 year plan?   Answer Question
    • Q: Tell me about some of these hardware models/software programs you have listed on your resume.   Answer Question

Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD).

Interview

Behavioral Style STAR interview. Check the T. Rowe Price website beforehand. There is a section on the site that provides interview tips and things to consider. Group style panel interview. The interview panel will write a lot. Provide detail examples and be sure to talk about what you did in each scenario.

Participant Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

Behavioral Interview and phone screen. It does take awhile between the phone screen and the follow up call to actually set up interview in person. The interviewers are members of management who you will probably work with at some point in the future. Overall not too difficult if you prepare and are patient

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Retail Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process went well, Company presentation was very good. Waiting for a follow up for candidate selection. Training classes to begin soon and Series and 63 are required as a condition of employment.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was based on behavioral questions with two mangers in an casual environment. The managers were nice, and were looking for detailed answers. They asked a total of about 5 questions, and in the end told me that I should hear something in regards to the position in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question