T. Rowe Price Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.8

Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was based on behavioral questions with two mangers in an casual environment. The managers were nice, and were looking for detailed answers. They asked a total of about 5 questions, and in the end told me that I should hear something in regards to the position in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

ne phone screen, a couple of in person interviews - mainly technology focused and then a ft interview. 2 of the interviewers were great, one was a bozo. But overall its good. Some old ED level folks are wayyy out of touch with the market/tech stack though.

Videographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a recruiter and so interviewed with a head of the department. My interviewer was exceedingly enthusiastic and easy to talk to, and didn't ask any tedious "stock" questions, which made the interview feel much more natural, meaningful, and conversational. The process was a breeze and moved very quickly, as all involved seemed decisive and were responsive.

The cons of the process were mainly that it didn't seem as though my interviewer had reviewed my portfolio, (he had little to nothing to say about it other than that it was "great") which made me less secure going forward in how my past work/style/abilities could best suit the department.

Interview Questions

• What was your frequency of output in your last position? (How many deliverables per month/week?)   1 Answer

Negotiation

As I was a contractor, there was no negotiation and I had no idea precisely how much money T. Rowe was paying my recruiter for me, which is a little disorienting.

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Applied through my school careers services website. Heard back a week later. They told me they were going to be on campus the next day and to schedule an interview with them at a designated time slot as soon as possible on the career services website. The interview itself lasted about 30 minutes and was all behavioral questions. They asked questions like "what do you think is your best strength is?", "what are your weaknesses?", "when did you work with a group that you had trouble working with and how did you handle the situation?", "why T Rowe price?" and then questions about your resume/work experience. Overall it was a good interview experience, there wasn't an interview question that I didn't think they would ask.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be the perfect fit for this position as an investment operations associate?   Answer Question

Technology Integrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

I found an interesting post on the company website - it was close to what I was looking for but not quite. The recruiter called me, we had a nice conversation and she asked if I had seen a different position that would better suited to may talents. She was, indeed, correct. I interviewed with her for over 30 minutes on the phone and then she set up 2 more phone interviews with the hiring manager and department manger. That went very well and I was asked to go to Baltimore for a day of interviews with several people. he day went really well because I was able to not only answer their questions in detail due to my expertise but because they were quite happy to answer mine and walk me through what working at T Rowe is like. They never sugar coated anything. I also knew the salaries where not the best in the industry but that benefits and retirement plans were surpassed by none. They were also VERY excited to have a candidate who wanted to move t Baltimore (a great city, IMHO).
    Over all, it was great day.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions focused on HR systems, my experience implementing them and challenges I inevitably met along the way. How did you handle the system owner who has sure they did not need to change?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Some negotiation but very little on salary. They are known for this. However, the benefits and moving expenses are fantastic. If they want you, they will get you where you need to be without you doing all the work. Very supportive and give constant guidance.

The retirement benefits are superb, but I would expect that from a company in the business of retirement.

One more nice bit - I was not the oldest person in the room. That has not happened for a LONG time.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD).

Interview

I found out about this internship through my university. The application was straight forward, and they emailed me to schedule an interview promptly. The interview was mainly behavioral, nothing short of expectations.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you were unsatisfied with your work.   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online via my school's career job board. Heard back few days later to come in for an interview. There were five interviews with three PMs, one trader and another analyst. The interviews were relaxed and very informal. No tough questions, mostly fit. I was asked weird and inappropriate questions by the trader though. Like, about my relationship status etc. When I asked him if how he felt about the company, he said that he hated it except for the benefits. Other than that one interviewer, everyone else seemed normal.

Interview Questions

Decided to go with a different company

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and had a 15 minute phone screen. Afterwards I had an interview setup within 10 days. I had three 30 minute interviews then spoke with HR afterward. The interviews were relatively laid back and consisted of mostly the basic behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating. Take it or leave it type deal.

Investment Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

I first came in contact at a career fair at the university in currently attending. I applied through my university's career development program (sending a resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript), and got a call back for an interview.

A interviewer came on campus, and I interviewed for about 45 minutes. I honestly thought I did poorly in it though (just a mulligan of an interview). They said I would hear back in about 2 weeks for a second interview if I was selected but I didn't hear back, I figured I didn't get selected for the second round.

Two months later, I received an email from their HR department asking me to fill out a more thorough interview to "complete your interview process." I thought that was weird because I hadn't heard from them in two months, but I did so. Two days later, I received a phone call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why investment operations?
      Why T. Rowe Price?
      Biggest weaknesses?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, as it is an internship.

Solution Consultant/Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

Recruited via LinkedIn by HR associate within the firm. Interview consistent of two phone interviews and an in person interview with the hiring manager, individual contributors within the team and several round table interviews with various department managers.

Interview Questions

• All questions were related to past solution delivery experience and the ability to demonstrate through example, successful internal marketing and technology client's needs and the results.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Received HR offer letter. Discussed and renegotiated salary, in alignment with personal goals & industry average based on experience. HR adjusted salary offer.