T. Rowe Price Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.8

Accounting Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in September 2013.

Interview

Met recruiter at the career fair and gave resume. I then was told to apply online and recruiter was going to match the resumes she got at the career fair to the ones online. I got a call and went into their office the following week. The process consisted of 4 different interviewers each interviewing for a half hour and then switching. All behavioral questions were asked. "Tell me a time when..." It is now going on 5 weeks and never heard anything from the company.

Senior Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in September 2013.

Interview

I interviewed for two days, seeing about six people each day from various areas of the firm. The interviews were thorough but consistently pleasant. Each person I spoke with was very friendly and went out of their way to put me at ease–they gave me a good feeling about the company. There were no "pressure" interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is the best kind of work environment for you?   1 Answer

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online via my school's career job board. Heard back few days later to come in for an interview. There were five interviews with three PMs, one trader and another analyst. The interviews were relaxed and very informal. No tough questions, mostly fit. I was asked weird and inappropriate questions by the trader though. Like, about my relationship status etc. When I asked him if how he felt about the company, he said that he hated it except for the benefits. Other than that one interviewer, everyone else seemed normal.

Interview Questions

Decided to go with a different company

COSS Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online through a referral which apparently help ALOT. Got a call a few weeks later and was interviewed over the phone by a recruiter. He then invited me for an interview on their campus. Got a basic "orientation" for what the company is and offers, and a brush up on what they were looking for. Then interviewed with 2 supervisors. It was 100% behavioral. Got a call a few weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Typical "tell me a time when..." questions. Probably was around 7-8 of them. Study up.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Data & Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

This position can consist of 3-4 interviews. One with the recruiter, the hiring manager, their manager, & potentially the head of GIS. The questions are pretty standard as far as T. Rowe interviews go.

Negotiation

No negotiation. The offer was a good offer and I accepted.

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

Taken to a small conference room by the manager and supervisor. Asked basic customer service questions, personality, educational and job experience. After the interview the HR recruiter brought me the application for employment and I filled it out.

Negotiation

No, it was a set price for interns. More than I was asking though.

RAM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview was a behavioral style interview. They asked questions about previous experiences and how would you handle certain situations. You start off in a group. The recruiter will go over a few housekeeping items with you, then the person(s) which whom you are interviewing with will come to get you from the main room and take you to a different room for a one on one interview. It usually takes about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with an irate customer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD).

Interview

Behavioral style interview
    Business casual environment
    Worked mostly with recruiter and HR
    Don't negotiate salaries

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I had three rounds of interview. First a phone interview with Human Resources. 2 months later I had a day with 5 interviews back to back with different people throughout the department including my soon to be manager. Last, an interview with the President of the department who really sold me on working their and help me put into perspective what T. Rowe was offering vs what other companies had to offer.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were the typical tell me about a time when... No market or technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had another offer from a different company on the table so they had to meet that offer for me to come and they did.

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD).

Interview

Behavioral style

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation