T. Rowe Price Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.8

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Case Study, technical and behavioral interviews. Candidates have 1 week to prepare a recommendation on a particular company then present their recommendation to a panel, who in turn ask questions. Probably 5 or 6 other 1x1 interviews, of which 2 are more technical focused.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial interview with HR manager, then Technical Phone Interview, then onsite interview. Onsite Interview lasted 1 full day. They were 30 minute interviews from 9:00 AM all the way to 2:30 with a 1 hour lunch. One of the interviewers stood me up. The overall hiring manager had just gotten back from Nevada and was exhausted and could not really interview.

Interview Questions

• Common question was how to handle disagreement, discord, and anger in meetings.   Answer Question
    • Another question was how to handle the "old timers" on staff with me being new to the company.   Answer Question
    • They were also interested in my involvement with professional groups by attending local meetings.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fair and holistic. I was able to meet all of the managers within the division I was interviewing for, and was able to ask each questions about the firm and the job description. All questions were expected and none out of left field. Mainly personality questions and examples of times when I had done specific tasks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you faced a challenge, personally or professionally.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Online application, psychometric testing, video interview.
    Fairly standard application process, plenty of material on website to help prepare.
    Genuinely interesting questions in video interview that teased out creative thinking on the spot.
    Only thing is that, despite making it to an interview stage, the company never got back to me to tell me that I had been unsuccessful.

Interview Questions

• Warren Buffet is a famous investor. Aside from him, have you read any books written by investors?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Colorado Springs, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

Behavioral Interview also known as STAR method interview with several managers.
    The most cold stressful interview I ever had. It was disappointing.
    Be prepared to tell 10 to 20 minute stories with specifics about your customer service assistance experiences and skills. Dress for success. Very conservative place.
    Little eye contact. The interviewers just quickly write notes about your responses.
    They do first introduce themselves and shake hands and smile when they are done.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had negative feedback, tell me about a time you had a difficult customer,
      Tell me about a something you did to improve a work process in your team or for your company,
      Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer, TELL ME, TELL ME, TELL ME........
      1 Answer

IT Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview

Tough to get in... the HR dept. are full compromised with hiring manager, there is always some reason to reject employee referral. I have never received an email that your referral resume has been short listed for interview nor the candidate got call.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about company... Nothing no question   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Taleo application online, basic arithmetic test, phone screening and then a panel based behavioral interview. Prepare well for the interview . They are very big in interviews. The whole process took about two months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a customer that you helped.   1 Answer

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview

New to T. Rowe applicants will first have a phone interview, then will be invited for an in person interview. The main interview is a behavioral style interview, where the candidate should provide very detailed answers. Sometimes it is a 1x1 interview or with a panel of 3 or so interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation with multiple competing priorities..how did you handle the situation, describe the steps taken and the outcome.   Answer Question

Retail Account Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Tampa, FL) in July 2011.

Interview

Behavioral interview process. All the questions start with "tell us about a time when..." They are looking for the "thought" behind what you did/said. Really though, the people doing the interviews are no more qualified than you or I to truly evaluate your answers. You just have to hope it's good.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to deliver bad news to a client.   Answer Question

PSC Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Colorado Springs, CO) in June 2013.

Interview

thorough, they are very detailed in asking you a bunch of questions and drag their feet on the selection process. It was exhausting and wasn't given clear expectations of when I would hear back in reference to when I would hear back regarding my employment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any room for negotiation.