T. Rowe Price Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 11, 2017

2.8

Fixed Income Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school's job portal. The interview was on campus with two members of the T. Rowe Price Investment Management team. Interview was part fit and part technical. Interviewers were nice and wasn't particularly difficult. Job seemed very boring though, one of the interviewers told me that she spends most of her time alonein her office just working on her excel models. She said that often there isn't much interaction with other members of the team.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview

It was a well prepared, sequential team interview--about two hours, preceded by an HR screening interview. The individuals asked probing questions related to the job and fit, including the typical "give me an example of when you did X..." The hiring manager assembled a good cross-section of four members of the organization to garner a good sense of my fit for the team. They provided their feedback to the recruiter within a day and I started within a week.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you encountered an issue in moving an organization forward, in an area outside of your control.   Answer Question

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD).

Interview

I received a message on LinkedIn from a third-party recruiter informing me that there was a position with T. Rowe Price for an internal wholesaler on the retail side. I scheduled a time to speak with Chris Ferrara, one of the T. Rowe Price sales desk managers on their broker dealer channel. The questions were simple and easy enough with typical behavioral questions as well as your opinion on the capital markets. They flew me out to Owings Mills for a super day of interviews. They interviewed in either groups of two or one on one depending on who is available for that day. The day was capped off with a presentation in front of the people I interviewed with. The topic was pretty broad and I could have presented on a current product/strategy I was selling since I'm already in internal wholesaler with another company. Again, no questions from left field as long as you're prepared for the typical interview questions such as dealing with difficult situations, success stories, as well as brushing up on your knowledge of the capital markets.

Interview Questions

• What's your opinion on the markets right now?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you and your external wholesaler did not agree on something and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Equity Research Undergraduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Very straightforward. Started with a phone call with the man that ran the intern and AA program. Since I went to school near by, I came in for an additional interview on site with a few of the Associate Analysts. It was more informative in nature...there weren't any questions that tested my understanding, only questions to find out if I had an actual interest in stocks and investing.

Interview Questions

• What interests you most about the market?   Answer Question
    • Are there any stocks you are following currently? Do you feel comfortable pitching it?   Answer Question

Human Resources Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price in September 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen and was brought in within days for an interview. I was in the office for about 3 and 1/2 hours. I met with 5 different people. After coming into the office, I never heard back from them. No one had the courtesy to let me know that they had filled the position.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Colorado Springs, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

Behavioral Interview also known as STAR method interview with several managers.
    The most cold stressful interview I ever had. It was disappointing.
    Be prepared to tell 10 to 20 minute stories with specifics about your customer service assistance experiences and skills. Dress for success. Very conservative place.
    Little eye contact. The interviewers just quickly write notes about your responses.
    They do first introduce themselves and shake hands and smile when they are done.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had negative feedback, tell me about a time you had a difficult customer,
      Tell me about a something you did to improve a work process in your team or for your company,
      Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer, TELL ME, TELL ME, TELL ME........
      1 Answer

Senior Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a corporate recruiter on LinkedIn. I had a phone interview with the recruiter and was questioned on my experience level and projects that I worked on as well as compensation offered at my current company. The following day, I had a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. Two weeks later, I was scheduled for a 3 hour interview. The interview was organized in 30 minute segments and I met and interviewed with 5 members of the development team. I met with the ScrumMaster, Product Owner, 2 developers, a data architect, and lastly the recruiter. The interviews were conducted in a friendly and personable fashion, which reflected the company culture. Most of the interviews were based off of what was in my resume, past experiences, behavior questions and a few technical questions. Be prepared to demonstrate your programming skills on the white board and to write a SQL query.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress? Have you ever been yelled at?   1 Answer
    • What do you look for in a company? What are your expectations in a company and what are your expectations in this role?   1 Answer
    • "Write a program that prints the numbers from 1 to 100. But for multiples of three print “Fizz” instead of the number and for the multiples of five print “Buzz”. For numbers which are multiples of both three and five print “FizzBuzz”."   1 Answer
    • How do you optimize queries?   Answer Question

Investment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Tampa, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

I met with two individuals who ran through a series of questions - it was more impersonal and seemed like a by the book HR interview rather than a conversation with someone regarding the position. Following the questions we went through a role play scenario that had more to do with how I handled a situation and gathered information from a client rather than having to do with the prospective job itself.

Interview Questions

• What is one project or goal you failed to meet at your job, and how did you deal with this inability to achieve it?   1 Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

This was probably the most unprofessional interviews I have had by a large corporation. I was scheduled for a phone interview at 11:30. At 11:29, my interviewee emailed and asked if we could bump it, she was running late. We scheduled for 1:30, and I finally received the call at 1:42. During the call I learned that she didn't even work for T. Rowe, which is another red flag.

Afterwards, she emailed and asked if I could come in for an in person interview. I said yes and she said she'd email the official info later. I got that official email at 8:00 the night before the interview with a online test and application to fill out.

At the in person interview, I asked the two interviewees what sets T. Rowe products apart to a customer vs the competition and they couldn't give me a good answer. He said, "we don't do like EFTs or anything." Apparently he didn't know they are called ETFs.

Overall I got the impression that you were their to answer the phones for customers and that's it.
    There would probably be very little true financial work. I've heard that T. Rowe is the 1-2 year stepping stone to the better financial institutions and I could believe it after this process. I probably did not get it because I do not have much customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• Every question was how you've dealt with a customer in the face to face interview. No other questions really.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview

Met with recruiters at career fair and had an interview the next day. Also was required to take an online skills test that measured by basic financial knowledge. The interview process took place on my campus the next day and lasted for about 45 minutes.