T. Rowe Price Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 16, 2017

2.8

Senior Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a corporate recruiter on LinkedIn. I had a phone interview with the recruiter and was questioned on my experience level and projects that I worked on as well as compensation offered at my current company. The following day, I had a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. Two weeks later, I was scheduled for a 3 hour interview. The interview was organized in 30 minute segments and I met and interviewed with 5 members of the development team. I met with the ScrumMaster, Product Owner, 2 developers, a data architect, and lastly the recruiter. The interviews were conducted in a friendly and personable fashion, which reflected the company culture. Most of the interviews were based off of what was in my resume, past experiences, behavior questions and a few technical questions. Be prepared to demonstrate your programming skills on the white board and to write a SQL query.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress? Have you ever been yelled at?   1 Answer
    • What do you look for in a company? What are your expectations in a company and what are your expectations in this role?   1 Answer
    • "Write a program that prints the numbers from 1 to 100. But for multiples of three print “Fizz” instead of the number and for the multiples of five print “Buzz”. For numbers which are multiples of both three and five print “FizzBuzz”."   1 Answer
    • How do you optimize queries?   Answer Question

Investment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Tampa, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

I met with two individuals who ran through a series of questions - it was more impersonal and seemed like a by the book HR interview rather than a conversation with someone regarding the position. Following the questions we went through a role play scenario that had more to do with how I handled a situation and gathered information from a client rather than having to do with the prospective job itself.

Interview Questions

• What is one project or goal you failed to meet at your job, and how did you deal with this inability to achieve it?   1 Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

This was probably the most unprofessional interviews I have had by a large corporation. I was scheduled for a phone interview at 11:30. At 11:29, my interviewee emailed and asked if we could bump it, she was running late. We scheduled for 1:30, and I finally received the call at 1:42. During the call I learned that she didn't even work for T. Rowe, which is another red flag.

Afterwards, she emailed and asked if I could come in for an in person interview. I said yes and she said she'd email the official info later. I got that official email at 8:00 the night before the interview with a online test and application to fill out.

At the in person interview, I asked the two interviewees what sets T. Rowe products apart to a customer vs the competition and they couldn't give me a good answer. He said, "we don't do like EFTs or anything." Apparently he didn't know they are called ETFs.

Overall I got the impression that you were their to answer the phones for customers and that's it.
    There would probably be very little true financial work. I've heard that T. Rowe is the 1-2 year stepping stone to the better financial institutions and I could believe it after this process. I probably did not get it because I do not have much customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• Every question was how you've dealt with a customer in the face to face interview. No other questions really.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview

Met with recruiters at career fair and had an interview the next day. Also was required to take an online skills test that measured by basic financial knowledge. The interview process took place on my campus the next day and lasted for about 45 minutes.

401k Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview

The interview is easy. Situational questions so be prepared with stories. They want to get people in, so they try to help along the way. You will be there with a group of people, but the interview itself is you with usually 2 people from the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were able to help someone.   Answer Question

Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed on the phone and went to their owing mills campus location a week later for an in person interview. There they did and overview and tour of the company for about half an hour.I had one interviewer who was the manager. First she asked me about my background and basic stuff on my resume.

(IT) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

Very behavioral oriented. Interested in previous work experience, especially if it is related to anything in finance or technology. Basic algorithm questions. Asked which programming languages and if I had any knowledge with databases. Overall, very flexible and simple. Big plus if you have experience or knowledge working with SQL. Ultimately, it was more behavioral oriented with a few technical questions (see interview questions).

Interview Questions

• What's the worst-case run time for binary search?
      What RDBMS have you worked with?
      When did you encounter a problem, and how did you solve it?
      Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting and had an interview on campus. The interview was with two people in HR and just asked typical job questions regarding times, hours, locations you can work and then asked 2 behavioral questions which they told you was going to happen at the beginning of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the last time there was a problem and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Investment Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview

Interview process was pretty quick. I applied online and got a response three days later asking for a phone interview. The actual interview was pretty easy. Behavioral based questions for the most part and then a role playing simulation. The total interview took about 40 minutes

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to tell someone something they did not necessarily want to hear?   Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview

Tough to get in... the HR dept. are full compromised with hiring manager, there is always some reason to reject employee referral. I have never received an email that your referral resume has been short listed for interview nor the candidate got call.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about company... Nothing no question   1 Answer