T. Rowe Price Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.8

(IT) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

Very behavioral oriented. Interested in previous work experience, especially if it is related to anything in finance or technology. Basic algorithm questions. Asked which programming languages and if I had any knowledge with databases. Overall, very flexible and simple. Big plus if you have experience or knowledge working with SQL. Ultimately, it was more behavioral oriented with a few technical questions (see interview questions).

Interview Questions

• What's the worst-case run time for binary search?
      What RDBMS have you worked with?
      When did you encounter a problem, and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting and had an interview on campus. The interview was with two people in HR and just asked typical job questions regarding times, hours, locations you can work and then asked 2 behavioral questions which they told you was going to happen at the beginning of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the last time there was a problem and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Investment Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview

Interview process was pretty quick. I applied online and got a response three days later asking for a phone interview. The actual interview was pretty easy. Behavioral based questions for the most part and then a role playing simulation. The total interview took about 40 minutes

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to tell someone something they did not necessarily want to hear?   Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview

Tough to get in... the HR dept. are full compromised with hiring manager, there is always some reason to reject employee referral. I have never received an email that your referral resume has been short listed for interview nor the candidate got call.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about company... Nothing no question   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fair and holistic. I was able to meet all of the managers within the division I was interviewing for, and was able to ask each questions about the firm and the job description. All questions were expected and none out of left field. Mainly personality questions and examples of times when I had done specific tasks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you faced a challenge, personally or professionally.   Answer Question

Pmg Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview followed by a 3 hours in-person interview (5 back-to-back interviews). The phone interview had general behavioral questions. I met a recruiter at their downtown Baltimore office and had five interviews in a row, some from managers and others from past interns (the interns had difficult brain teasers).

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Taleo application online, basic arithmetic test, phone screening and then a panel based behavioral interview. Prepare well for the interview . They are very big in interviews. The whole process took about two months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a customer that you helped.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

I was happy to take an interview with the Sr. Recruiter over the phone. The call was productive and lasted the full allotted time. I received positive feedback and was instructed to await the next step.
    As a next step, I was invited to interview with the hiring VP. The allocated time was 1 hr., but could have gone much longer based on the many discussion points. I received positive feedback on my experiences and knowledge as it translates to the position of interest.
    Two business days later I received the proverbial form rejection email. I later received information from an HR representative at T. Rowe Price that an individual had already been selected, but due to corporate policy, the company had to post the position and go thru the motions of interviewing candidates.
    Although this is most unfortunate, I don’t believe this is representative of how the whole company functions. My recommendation to T. Rowe Price is to not waste other potential candidate’s time just to be politically correct.

Interview Questions

• What were my thoughts on industry related challenges.   1 Answer

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Did a telephonic interview and then an on site interview. Telephonic was discussing the position and a few behavioral questions. At the scheduled on site interview there was about six other interviewees. They gave us an overview session then you wait for your team of two to call you for an interview. The interviewers have a worksheet that they take turns asking behavioral questions. The biggest challenge was answering in the STAR format and then the interviewer would ask what the results were based on that was the next question on the worksheet. Interviewers were just tasked from different departments to conduct the interview. Probably asked about 5 different questions.

Interview Questions

• When did you have difficulties with someone you worked with and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Operations Services Representative I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

At the time of the interview, I was a temp in another department. I applied for several job postings online that I qualified for. It took a month from the time I applied to the time I was interviewed. First, I had a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. It was very easy and went well. Then, the following week, I was interviewed by two managers in person. They were both very friendly, but had great poker faces. I couldn't tell at all whether they liked me or not. They were very serious and hard to read, which had not been my experience when I interviewed for the temp position. That first interview was extremely casual and laid back, with the managers making jokes with me and we had great rapport. That one lasted only about 20 minutes, but this second interview lasted an hour. There were only five questions, but they were all behavioral based "tell me a time when" questions, and the managers were very thorough. They pressed me to go into depth with each answer. I also prepared 5-10 questions to show my interest, so it went pretty long.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to do something at work that didn't have a set procedure?   Answer Question