T. Rowe Price Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.8

Part TimeUndergraduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Colorado Springs, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website, received an email from on campus career services about a month later, called the number given and requested a time slot on the day they were interviewing. I showed up with 16 other candidates to an information session where they gave the run down about the position, pay, requirements, schedule, hours, and etcetera. When it came time to interview, I checked in then went in and waited to be called. The interview was very relaxed, and didn't seem too stressful. Just be prepared with specific answers to behavior questions and why you want to work with T. Rowe and you should be good!

They called six days later with an offer and training would start three weeks from that day for a whole weekend.

Interview Questions

• Why T. Rowe Price? Describe a time when you were NOT satisfied with your work. Describe a time when you were satisfied with your work. Describe a time when you went above and beyond what was asked of you. Describe a time when you were given a project with little to no direction.   1 Answer

Manager, Fraud/AML - Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a telephone screening with the Business Unit Human Resources Representative. The Rep provided a detailed description of the company, its culture, and of the position. The Rep provided an overview of the company benefits but did not discuss compensation. The Rep then asked standard interview questions. They also gave the candidate an opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked that the candidate provide an example of identifying and implementing a processes improvement.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

In-person interview where I interviewed with three people in the IT department, one on the team level, a first level manager, and a senior manager. All three were very friendly and held great conversation. After their questions were answered I asked them nearly as many questions and they responded thoroughly and honestly. The atmosphere was very positive and it was actually an enjoyable to interview to be on.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about some of the projects that you have worked on in the past.   Answer Question
    • Q: What's your 5 year plan?   Answer Question
    • Q: Tell me about some of these hardware models/software programs you have listed on your resume.   Answer Question

Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD).

Interview

Behavioral Style STAR interview. Check the T. Rowe Price website beforehand. There is a section on the site that provides interview tips and things to consider. Group style panel interview. The interview panel will write a lot. Provide detail examples and be sure to talk about what you did in each scenario.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

thers as an on line application than phone interview than a face to face interview. Than a second interview with 3 people than a third. You go home before you make it home they're calling you to start the background check. Once a background check go through the offer you employment in an offer for the amount.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had a certain amount of time to get things done without enough time what did you do   1 Answer

Participant Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

Behavioral Interview and phone screen. It does take awhile between the phone screen and the follow up call to actually set up interview in person. The interviewers are members of management who you will probably work with at some point in the future. Overall not too difficult if you prepare and are patient

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Colorado Springs, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

They first do a 10 minute phone interview. Making sure you are ok with working holidays and evenings. They ask about your background. Maybe 1 or 2 behavioral questions.

In person interview has a lot of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were given negative feedback   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price in July 2015.

Interview

Used their corporate website, LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Vault and the Wall Street Oasis interview question vault to prepare for the interview. I applied online, contacted a corporate recruiter about 3-weeks later, and was scheduled for a 30 minutes phone interview.

The interview started with the basic “tell me about yourself question” and then drilled down to get a better understanding of my background and experience. As a non-traditional candidate (i.e. <1 year research experience; non-target school; etc.), a lot of attention was placed on my resume and the interviewer really wanted to understand my timeline, why I transitioned into investment management, my prior investment experience, and what I look for quantitatively and quantitatively when analyzing companies. Remember, these people analyze the capital market so expect the interview to be structured in a way that analyzes your strengths and weaknesses, without asking it that directly, and have prepped responses to your problem areas. Towards the end I was asked to pitch a stock, where the interviewer was please with the thoroughness of my analysis, but oddly enough I wasn’t asked to defend the thesis. Shortly after the pitch, the interviewer asked how many other companies I analyzed to the same extent and based on his/her response, it seemed like he was dissatisfied with my answer. In hindsight, I think they were looking for someone with more experience. Overall, I think the interview went well, but I walked away feeling like the interviewer questioned my ability to work the long hours that the position requires.

For anyone looking to go into buy-side investment management, T. Rowe is a premier shop and their interview process reflects this. From an inside connection the firm is very corporate (read: conservative), so be professional and get to the point when answering questions. They have a highly skilled research team and are looking for Associate Analysts who are essentially “stock jockeys”/ “market heads”. How I would imagine most people watch Sunday football and can tell you the stats of their favorite players and who is likely to win Sunday’s game, this position is looking for someone who holds that same passion for the capital markets and company analysis. If you can show your tangible passion for the position (i.e. publishing research, managing a private account, obtaining an equity research internship, clearing levels of the CFA exam, etc.) you can get this firms attention, but again there are no guarantees because the competition is steep. My advice, gain experience first and then try to break in here.

Retail Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process went well, Company presentation was very good. Waiting for a follow up for candidate selection. Training classes to begin soon and Series and 63 are required as a condition of employment.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview

Panel- Behavioral questions. I was brought in on a contract. They liked my work ethics offered me a permanent position. I completed the application & had an interview scheduled within a week. Interview process was pretty easy for me.