T. Rowe Price Investment Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

T. Rowe Price Investment Counselor Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Investment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Behavioral Style Questions - 4-5 questions.

Prepare for a comfortable experience. Most T. Rowe managers are not intimidating and will put you at ease. Be sure to prepare a good background of yourself, including your education and professional experiences. There may be a role-play which deals with asking open-ended questions to better understand the situation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a grey area. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary negotiation. Relocation package offered only if 50 miles or more distance from current residence.

Other Interview Reviews for T. Rowe Price

Investment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview

Initial screening was on the phone followed by several face to face interviews. The further you go in the process the better your chances. The interview questions were behavioral in nature (i.e. tell me a situation were you had to make a difficult decision and what was the outcome). Be prepared to go through your resume in detail. More importantly take some time to learn about the company and its business philosophy. This will definitely come up during the interviews.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was during the final interview I was asked to explain Modern Portfolio Theory (MPT). As luck would have it I had just an article the week prior that discussed MPT. I don't believe its a typical interview question, but totally unexpected.   Answer Question