T. Rowe Price Investment Operations Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

T. Rowe Price Investment Operations Associate Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

Was referred by a friend. Afterwards, asked to do quick phone interview with HR. Very friendly, passed on to come in to meet three senior associates. Had two different interviews, asked the same questions in both. All were very friendly and willing to explain the job to me. Overall great experience with them!

Interview Questions

• Why T. Rowe Price? What was your favorite class in school? If you won 1 million dollars, what would you spend it on?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for T. Rowe Price

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

ne phone screen, a couple of in person interviews - mainly technology focused and then a ft interview. 2 of the interviewers were great, one was a bozo. But overall its good. Some old ED level folks are wayyy out of touch with the market/tech stack though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Applied through my school careers services website. Heard back a week later. They told me they were going to be on campus the next day and to schedule an interview with them at a designated time slot as soon as possible on the career services website. The interview itself lasted about 30 minutes and was all behavioral questions. They asked questions like "what do you think is your best strength is?", "what are your weaknesses?", "when did you work with a group that you had trouble working with and how did you handle the situation?", "why T Rowe price?" and then questions about your resume/work experience. Overall it was a good interview experience, there wasn't an interview question that I didn't think they would ask.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be the perfect fit for this position as an investment operations associate?   Answer Question

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price in October 2014.

Interview

I recently had an interview with T.Rowe Price for the Investment Operations Associate Position. The first question she asked was have I taken any courses in finance and accounting. Having knowledge in these two courses is very important as they go hand-in-hand for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

It was a two week process. First was an on campus interview. I heard back within a week to get invited to the office for the second interview and a job shadow. The second interview consisted of two 30 minute interviews with two managers from different departments but within the same group. It was an smooth and easy process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Give me one word to describe yourself and also a word that your friends word describe you,
      What is your excel experience
      Answer Question

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview

Standard behavioral first interview, about thirty minutes. Brought me to their campus for two more thirty minute interviews, one more technical, the other more just for fit and personality. Starting salary is EH at best but a good starting point for further promotion

Interview Questions

• "Why are you here and why is this job a good fit for you"?   Answer Question

Location, starting salary (better offer)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied through the university's job board. I did a 1:1 interview that was about 45 minutes long. I received a call back in less than a week and set up an interview at T Rowe Price's office.
    Second interview included two 1:1 interviews, a lunch, a tour, and transportation too and from their office (including flight). They told me I would hear back in about two weeks.
    Three weeks went by and I sent an email asking about my candidate status. I received a general email that said there were many qualified candidates and they would need more time to decided. I accepted another offer a couple weeks later. About 10 weeks after my second interview I got a call about offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider a harder subject: Accounting or Finance?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in two years? In ten years?   Answer Question

I was given an offer with another company that was for a lot more money, in a better location, for a job I was more interested in, and I went through a long interview process with this company (multiple interviews and steps) where I was contacted quickly after each step.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in October 2009.

Interview

behavioral questions exclusively. they really wanted to see how you could operate within a team enviornment.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when you faced a difficulty and overcame it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview

Invited for an on-campus screening interview. That interview was with one person, the questions were relatively easy - behavior, internship experiences and their relation to the profession. Then I was invited for second round interview days of which I could pick from a selection. When I showed up there happened to be about 7 other candidates there. The scheduled involved a presentation, two interviews, a tour, job shadow, and lunch while HR presented benefits/process. One of the two interviews was one person, mostly resume and career goal questions. The second was two people with many of the same questions. I was one of the first interview days, so I had a longer wait time but received an offer about a month later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to get into the mutual fund profession?   1 Answer

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price in March 2012.

Interview

It was an on campus interview. The interviewer asked about my resume and my education.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous boss say is your biggest strength/weakness?   Answer Question