T. Rowe Price Investment Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

T. Rowe Price Investment Specialist Interview Questions

2.5

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Tampa, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

I met with two individuals who ran through a series of questions - it was more impersonal and seemed like a by the book HR interview rather than a conversation with someone regarding the position. Following the questions we went through a role play scenario that had more to do with how I handled a situation and gathered information from a client rather than having to do with the prospective job itself.

Interview Questions

• What is one project or goal you failed to meet at your job, and how did you deal with this inability to achieve it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for T. Rowe Price

Investment Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview

Interview process was pretty quick. I applied online and got a response three days later asking for a phone interview. The actual interview was pretty easy. Behavioral based questions for the most part and then a role playing simulation. The total interview took about 40 minutes

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to tell someone something they did not necessarily want to hear?   Answer Question

Investment Specialist Interview

Interview

Difficult because it was a panel. The interview took about an hour and a half. Not what I was expecting. Not the greatest company. They need to work on their hiring dynamic. It took about 3 weeks to finally get my denial. Wasnt worth the effort. Maybe I shouldn't try it again.

Anonymous Employee in Owings, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

100% behavioral questions. Almost no technical questions. This seems to be the case with the majority of their entry and mid-level job opportunities. No doubt senior management positions will have more technical and department-specific questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deliver bad news to a client? Tell us about a time you had difficulty with a superior? What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Contacted by firm recruiter who found my resume online. She asked me basic questions about my past experience, what I liked/disliked about my current role, and why I was looking to make a move. One in person interview with two sales supervisors. They asked a variety of behavioral style questions to assess my sales and consultative skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to change the way a client thought to make a sale.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate but there is room to do so for those with licensing and experience.

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Colorado Springs, CO) in September 2011.

Interview

The initial screener will review work history and experience. They will then ask a series of Behavioral Questions. These should be specific scenarios to identify competencies desired for the role. The actual interview will have a set of 4-6 behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to convince someone to use a product or service.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a complex issue or problem   Answer Question

Investment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

The interview process was extremely long (3 months) and focused solely on CV questions. No technical questions were asked.
    Unfortunately, it was a very unpleasant process. To name just a few. A manager in the Singapore office showed great arrogance and made jokes about the low hierarchy of secretaries. In addition, the responsible HR person in the Hong Kong office was very impolite and scheduled highly inconvenient time slots and complained if one couldn't make it at 10 am in the morning on a certain day (on which I had to work). I had to come to the office already 5 times before.
    Once the process was over she didn't even dare answering to an email asking her if a decision has been taken. A very unpleasant process in total. Never again.