T S M C, North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 3, 2017

2.7

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T S M C, North America (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through a employee. Sent my resume to the person, two days later received a call from HR to set an interview call. No option for me, she scheduled the interview the immediate day. Sent a mail confirmation and details of the position. Need to fill some details before that. The position title is Senior Manager. I asked the HR about this, she told they are looking for all kind of roles i.e entry level, mid and senior levels. She told they will be looking for only skill set. Interview at 2pm. didn't received call until 2:40pm, sent mail to HR about this. The name of the person by whom the interview will be going to be taken place will be known ahead through email by HR. at 2:45pm, got call from the guy. He told as it is friday, they were busy in discussions. started the interview, asked if I had any intern experiences. Told I had research experience. asked about that, told. it is performance analysis of ARM processor by varying the cache. He doesn't have knowledge of computer architecture. He is relating to that to ARM processor of the FPGA board. He tried to ask some questions from that, which is not possible. relating FPGA to computer architecture. It is terrible to make that guy understand. Then going through all the resume word by word. He didn't prepared for the interview, so making time pass. In the end, he gave me a crazy suggestion to be ready in interview to tell a story for each word in the resume. I thought to tell him that you don't have any knowledge about computer architecture, but i didn't. I told that I am looking for entry level, he told that is okay. and also told that I didn't have time to recall my projects. He said he can understand. Got reject within two days. I lost hope anyway. interview to desi guy by desi guy will always be difficult. It was proved once again by my interview.

Interview Questions

• crazy nonsense questions. How do you measure voltage of the wave from modelsim in gtkwave.? each question on each word in resume.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T S M C, North America (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied this Design Engineer position through LinkedIn on Oct 1st, 2015.
    On Oct 7th, one HR called me to schedule a Phone Interview.
    On Oct 13th, I took the phone interview with one hiring manager.
    This morning (Oct 16th), I received the call noticing me that I pass the phone interview and they will schedule an on-site interview next week for me.
    I will update the on-site interview after I finish it.

Interview Questions

• Do you know some concepts behind the CAD tool Cadence Encounter? And do you know sth. about the CTS?   Answer Question

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T S M C, North America (San Jose, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

The first interview was phone interview. It was about 1.5 hours with Sr. customer support specialists. There were two people interviewing me at the same time. Then, after few days, I got email for a second interview, which is a on-site interview. I was interviewed by one HR, two customer support specialists again.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you have different ideas with the Sr. customer support specialists? will you tell them they make a mistake?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at T S M C, North America (San Jose, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

The company takes a holistic approach in the interview process. Technical questions were asked but the focus is more on the relevancy than depth. Many behavior types of questions were asked to determine culture or job nature fits.

Technical Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T S M C, North America in August 2013.

Interview

I had a 5 phone interviews (only 1 interviewer is located in San Jose, the rest of 4 are located in Taiwan, HQ). After all were passed, I was told by HR that I passed these interviews. The last one is interview by HR Director in San Jose CA. He talked about Taiwan culture, a lot different from US companies. Now, company chose me and it's the time I choose company if I can work in Taiwan culture company.

Interview Questions

• Interview is actually quite easy. Not deep technical questions. I thought interviewers don't know how to interview engineers to carefully select who has good technical skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They knew applicant would negotiate salary. So their offer is not that super high at the beginning. After I negotiated, my annual salary went up slightly. a couple of thousands dollars per year.

Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T S M C, North America (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I was referred through a temp agency. I Interviewed with the manager of the department, then 2 of the employees in the same department. It was very pleasant and conversational. They mostly just asked about my previous experience. I do know that with most positions you need to interview with about 5 to 7 people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation since it was through a staffing agency.