T3 Trading Group Entry-level Equity Trader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

T3 Trading Group Entry-level Equity Trader Interview Questions

Interviews at T3 Trading Group

2.9

Entry Level Equity Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group.

Interview

Very normal interview process, asked you to introduce yourself, and some common interview questions. Then had a 20-min test including five pages. Most of the problems in the test are very fundamental probability problems. Some questions about the financial market on the first page as well. On the last page is a personality test.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for T3 Trading Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through college, and they came to me pretty soon. A 20 minutes exam followed by an interview. The exam is easy if you take a look at Yahoo Finance before you take it.

Interview Questions

• What is yesterday close price of gold? What is yesterday close level of S&P 500?   Answer Question

Entry-level Equities Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied through our campus website and then received an interview chance. I visited their trading floor after say hi, took a test containing many math problems and trading knowledge.
    After the only 15 min test, a senior trader asked me many questions like Why trader, Why T3, the most risky thing I had ever taken, and many technical trading questions. If you are not a good mathematical guy, do not try this kind of job.

Interview Questions

• Math test is impossible to finish in only 15 min. Really hard math problems.
      How many squares in a chess board?
      Many brain teasers.
      How many sand in the world?
      One trading case.
      Plan a shortest route....   Answer Question

Entry Level Equities Trader Interview

Interview

There were not too many behavioral questions, a few like "Why do you want to be a trader" "Why are you interested in the financial markets" but it was primarily a written test, and then showing me around the office. The branch office I interviewed for (Miami) is small and they are looking to grow despite a high turnover rate, so I believe they were mostly looking for people who had a genuine desire to learn and work hard.

Interview Questions

• How many squares of different sizes can be formed on a chess board (8x8 board of 64 small squares)?   1 Answer

Entry Level Equities Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group.

Interview

Initial resume drop-off via campus recruiting site, hear back in a few days asking why you want to be a trader, what skills, traits, and characteristics make you a good trader. The second round is an on-site written exam testing basic math, problem solving skills, and knowledge of some major indexes. Before going in for interview, read CNBC markets section to get a couple of headlines that would interest traders on that day, the VIX, S&P500, crude gold etc (it came up as part of the written exam). If pass, 1:1 interview with desk head. Final round is a sit-in of daily training session after markets close.

Interview Questions

• How many pieces of popcorn would it take to fill up this room?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online and heard back right away and they asked why I wanted to become a trader. It was one interview and a written exam.

Interview Questions

They wanted you to invest 5000 in capital into the company and then pay 5000 for training and 405 for the series 56 exam

Entry-level Equity Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was fair, and the interviewer was kind and helpful. Great view from their NY office. The interview took about 2 hours, with only one interviewer. Paper test plus behavioural questions, and technical questions about trading. Be prepared for some math questions.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer in the whole process. Paper test + face-to-face interview. Paper test had several math questions, plus current price about gold, S&P 500.   1 Answer

Entry Level Equity Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group.

Interview

Nice working place and good environment. Interview didn't take place in a separate room while just sitting next to their working area. Asking questions in a fast pace. You will need to do some tests before you have the chance to talk with the interviewee.

Interview Questions

• If you have the chance to have dinner with someone, who will you choose,why   Answer Question

Entry Level Equity Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group.

Interview

Very fast process. I applied and they followed up right away.

Interview Questions

• They asked many interesting questions. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question