T3 Trading Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

T3 Trading Group Interview Questions

Interviews at T3 Trading Group

2.4

Equity Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group.

Interview

I applied through online process and it took 1 week to update. I took the interview at Dec 2013. I spoken with a recruiter and the questions are fairly basic.

Interview Questions

• Not much. Most questions were very basic. Background of previous internships. Biggest accomplishment. What I need to work on, etc. There's also some quick questions on market like what SP500 is now.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group (Miami, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

(Miami office). Applied through campus. Received email asking why I want to pursue a career as a proprietary trader, then an interview request. My whole interview process took 50 minutes. A brief get-to-know-you, then a 20 minute written test, then 20-25 minute interview with a mix of behavioral and technical questions. The interview took place in the office with the traders, and I was surprised by several aspects of the experience. The office was pretty cluttered and unorganized, "dress-code" for the traders was non-existent as everyone was in street clothes (one guy was even wearing a jersey), my interviewer was texting several times during my interview, and was even casually dropping f-bombs at/with the traders behind me while I was doing my written test. With that said, the interview questions themselves were not blow-off questions and adequate preparation/research just like you would for any other interview is needed to have a successful interview.

Interview Questions

• Teach me what you know (about stock trading).
      What is 32 squared (caught me off guard)   Answer Question

With no salary whatsoever, large personal capital contribution and the almost too-casual nature of the office, it really felt to me like someone with a business degree can "do better".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I apply online via school website. it takes about one week to contact me about a interview in Manhattan.

Interview Questions

• Nothing, all of questions are easy. Brain tears and math problems   Answer Question

They require contribution capital and all of the activities they did making me confused about the revenue source. They use they can provide H1-B for international students to attract international students. And I believe most of them will be fired after the period of OPT. Only the senior trader can make the money.

Equity Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group.

Interview

Called to have an interview. No technical questions at all. Prepare for some jokes.

Equity Trader Interview

Interview

Applied through college and they responded back after a few days. The interview consisted of three parts; the first part consisted of some basics questions for e.g tell me about yourself but the tricky part is that you are being interviewed on the trading floor where all the other traders are working. So you have to be able to talk about yourself in a crowded environment. They then bring you to a different room where you have a 15 min test paper and some technical and behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• was caught off guard when I had to talk about myself in front of all the traders there
      What do you understand by risk?
      Name 3 CEO of any publicly traded companies   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group (Miami, FL) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied online. I got a reply by email asking me more about myself and why I wanted to become a trader. I then got a second email inviting me to the Miami office for interview. Nothing special what you would expect from a standard interview. I then got a formal offer after a week.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really hard, few market related questions, mathematical and logic   Answer Question

Equity Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group in September 2013.

Interview

IQ/Skill test
    1:1 interview

Equity Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group.

Interview

After submitting the resume for one week, they asked me to take interviews. The questions are about basic financial market, mathematics. Some basic probability questions. I stuck with some.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview was very simple and short. The interviewer was very pleasant and just asked a few simple questions about my resume. Unlike some of these other candidates, I was given no technical questions whatsoever! I was rather surprised. I was told about the 5k capital contribution, training, and general nature of the work. I was also given a tour of the office. At the end, I was invited back for a shadowing day.

Interview Questions

• The only unexpected thing was that there were no technical questions at all!   Answer Question

The fact that the interview went by almost too quickly and the lack of any sort of candidate assessment raised a red flag. The capital contribution is understandable to prevent moral hazard issues, but it's not for me at this time.

Equity Trader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group.

Interview

Just phone interview, the VP gave me a phone interview and introduced me some info about this job. No base salary, No H1b sponsor. Just earn the commission.