T3 Trading Group Proprietary Trader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

T3 Trading Group Proprietary Trader Interview Questions

Interviews at T3 Trading Group

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I originally found the job posting on my university career resource website and sent in my resume. Within 24 hours I was contacted by a trader asking "Why I was interested in becoming a proprietary trader" and "Why I think I would be successful?" After sending back my answers I was invited to interview in the Miami office. There was a written examination along with basic FIT questions. I was extended an offer at the end of the interview. Keep in mind proprietary trading requires you to put up commitment capital and complete the Series 56 certification before beginning. Also, there is no base salary, all pay is based on your success in trading.

Interview Questions

• Took a test about market and other questions as mentioned by other people. There was an another test about how you sit in a chair, sleep etc. to see your personality type. Then an interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for T3 Trading Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group (New York, NY).

Interview

They asked me to put $7,000 from my pocket so I immediately declined.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied the position through campus website and receive email ask why I want to be a trader and why I think I will be a good trader. After I answer the questions, I got onsite interview invitation. I met one senior trader and I first got a test asking market questions and a few logic questions. Then I talked with him and asked me only two questions then he introduced the company and I asked many detailed questions. In the end, he gave me a tour of the office on my way out. And I heard back a few days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• S&P index,Oil price, market open and close time and 3 companies owned by Berkshire Hathaway.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I saw there is a job post on my university career center wbsite. I submitted my resume right away, and got a on-site interview invitation the same day. The interview took place in their Mahanntan Office with a senior trader of the company. It begins with two questions, why you want to become a trader and what my most difficult thing was when for my tradings. Then, he asked me to do some questions on the paper. Who is current Fed chairman, definition of moneytary, fisical policy, etc. S&P index, price of oil, gold, Euro.

Interview Questions

• I was asked two question, and then to take the questions on the paper. Not so challenging.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied through a posting at my university in ~October and heard back from the company two weeks later offering me a 4 week training opportunity at their office in Manhattan in December/January. I had to decline because it didn't work with my winter break. I remained in communication with this one person at the firm over the next few months, and was offered an interview in early March which I took. Interview lasted about one hour and consisted of talking about daily activity as a proprietary trader, a 15 minute paper quiz about market activity, brain teasers, and personality questions. We discussed a little more personal questions about why I though I could make a career out of proprietary trading and some more about the interviewee and his background. We ended with a Q&A session and a tour of the office on my way out. Heard back a few days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

As all other proprietary trading firms, you have to put up risk capital before you start working. In the case of T3, it is a $7,500 payment in addition to ~$300-500 worth of licensing fees, which gives you access to $100,000 of the companies capital to trade. Pay is monthly and you earn 70% of your profits (not including trading/data fees). This is just something that is too hard for me to do coming out of college, but definitely something I will pursue a few years down the road.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group (Miami, FL).

Interview

Interview Questions

• A scientist puts a bacteria in a petri dish at exactly noon. Every minute the bacteria divides into two. At exactly 1 PM the petri dish is full. At what time was the dish half full?   1 Answer
    • How many squares are there on a chess board?   1 Answer
    • Name the following chart patterns   Answer Question
    • How many times would you write out the number 9 when writing out all numbers between 0 and 100?   2 Answers
    • How would you describe risk? What's the biggest risk you've ever taken?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation as you put up committment capital and only take away what you make trading.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Interviewed at New York office with a senior manager. Very nice person, very talkative. First asked about my hometown, personal stories, and a risky experience in your life. Then a short written test about 15minutes, including market information(SP500, gold price, and oil price). The written test is not very hard, very similar to what other people said about it. The whole process is good, have learned a lot. The interviewer shared his views on risk management. He also analyzed the markets in 2015 and predict future stock markets.

Interview Questions

• What does risk mean to you? Tell me about a risky experience in your life.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Had a quick introduction and then was told I would be taking a 10-20 minute test. The test was mentioned in the email exchanges prior to the interview. It was half basic do you know anything about wall street, and half brain teaser type questions just to see if you can complete them under pressure. If you pass this test you continue on to a pretty basic interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group (New York, NY) in July 2018.

Interview

It was a pretty casual interview with one of the supervisors at the desk. He asked me some general questions about me and my experiences on my resume. And then a front and back short answer quiz was given which tested me on basic quantitative skills, market index figures as well as some brain teaser questions. And after that, he told me about the company and the life as a prop trader. The whole process took me about an hour, and overall, it was a good interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a paper test about financial knowledge and quant skill. Plus, I was asked abut general interview questions about my personality and past working experiences. The paper test is not easy, better be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Describe your hometown for me?
      Why do you want find a job in T3?   Answer Question