T3 Trading Group Proprietary Trader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

T3 Trading Group Proprietary Trader Interview Questions

Interviews at T3 Trading Group

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Mostly fit questions and lots of behavioral questions to see what kind of person you are, to see your understanding of the job, and your communication skills. There was also a test to see your grasp of stats and probability. The interviewer is very friendly and gave me lots of advice and his own thoughts about the market.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for T3 Trading Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Market knowledge quiz and Riddles quiz...They were both pretty simple. I got most of the market quiz answers wrong but it didn't matter. They want you to put $7500 down, which is why I didn't take the position. I don't believe you should pay to work somewhere.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was very pleasant, had a good talk with him. At first he was asking regular questions just to get to know me after what he sent me to do 30 minute test which was not easy at all. However on that test they are looking to see how you react when something impossible to do is given to you.

Interview Questions

• If you have to make a trade in next 6 months, what it would be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through school job board. Answered many questions for the application. Was invited by email for an in person interview. I went to the interview where I took a basic test with questions about the market and some brain teasers. Then was explained how the position would work.

Proprietary Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group in December 2016.

Interview

- I was called in for an interview but when I asked about accommodation and travel to New York, they said it would be on your own.
    - Managed to set up a phone interview somehow
    - As my interview date neared, got an email from the Trader that he's resigning the company and the position is no longer available which is quite ridiculous

Interview Questions

T3 Trading Group Response

Dec 14, 2016 – Social Media Manager

Hey I am very sorry about this! Would you like to get into contact with another trader to be possibly interviewed? - G

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Conversation interview, with digressive question that is basically about everything, even your childhood, followed by a 30-min written test, asking brain teasing questions. Then more behavior questions and ask for a investment strategy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a mistake that you made in your life   1 Answer
    • Suppose you can melt down the statue of liberty. How many would it take to fill in a Empire State Building   1 Answer
    • What is unique about yourself?   Answer Question
    • If you can have a coffee break with anyone in the world, who would you pick?   Answer Question
    • What is your "beta"   Answer Question
    • Given one-year, how would you invest? Short position allowed.   Answer Question
    • Yesterday's closing Crude oil, S&P500, VIX, Gold, NASDAQ, DJIA   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I started with an impossible test for 15 minutes (impossible is the point of it) and then 1h45mn of discussion on many topics. The discussion was very enjoyable! After that I got an offer and accepted it. I took the Series 56 exam and once I had it I started working.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to become a Trader?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied through college or university. Received email and was asked to an on-site interview in New York. No specific online tests or other video interviews. I heard they test about your knowledge about the market trend and your interest in the trading sector. Still in the process.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions regarding the market trend. Big news in the world and some logical questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Was sent a timely email to discuss possible interview time slots to discuss the position further. The mission, requirements, and experience with past trading and knowledge. Interview was mostly a review of the job description and a briefing on the current steps taken by compliance to hire new traders in and to a firm.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T3 Trading Group (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

I interview onsite in March at New York. Asked me some behavioral questions and background. A written test including some brain teasing questions and market wide index numbers last day. The whole process is around one week.