TASC Interview Questions in Chantilly, VA | Glassdoor

2.4

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

SIGINT Acquisition Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TASC (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

The recruiter will meet you at the front desk, break the ice, and take you to an interview room. He'll sit down, discuss basic benefits of TASC, then ask if you have any questions. If not, he'll open the door and let the interviewers in. Usually consists of 2-3 folk, usually not the hiring manager. They will tag-team you with questions, but not the standard BS questions you find online. They describe the job at some point, and usually as clarifying questions to see if your resume entries fulfill their needs. Each person was allocated about 30 mins, so for a 2 person interview expect an hour.

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TASC (Chantilly, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the principal who was the manager/supervisor of the position being interviewd for. There was no structure to the interview; the interviewer did not formally introduce himself/herself or provide any kind of opening statement/remarks. I felt the need to begin the interview & did so by discussing my background, qualifications, & interest in the advertised position. The interviewer asked several job-related questions, did not refer to any notes or written materials nor did he/she take any notes. All-in-all it wasn't a bad interview, just not what I am accustomed to after sitting on the other side of the table for over 200 interviews. I was told me that I would hear back from the Talent Acquisition Dept later in the week re. a potential job offer as it related to the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite thing about contracting?   1 Answer
    • What is your least favorite thing about contracting?   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TASC (Chantilly, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was primarily a character interview, with some technical aspects included. I was submitted through a referral process via someone I had worked with previously, and met with my future manager and two developers who worked for him. I was asked mostly questions pertaining to my technical background, projects I had worked on, and standard character questions. I had actually brought my computer to show a project I had worked on, which I believe helped me in the long run.

Interview Questions

• What's one difficult problem that you needed to solve, and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Strategic Capture Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TASC (Chantilly, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

Very efficient, to the point. Conducted extensive phone interview with recruiter, followed by 1:1 with hiring manager and hiring exec. Included discussion on specific applicable skills and experience, including customer knowledge. Interview included discussion in areas of personal challenge and areas for personal growth and professional development. Extremely professional handling of compensation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TASC (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

Interviewed by 4 mangers within the Finance organization, 2 at a time. I had a great interview experience and felt comfortable with the managers. If you could make them laugh, I think you'll have a good chance.

Negotiation

As it was an internship position, there wasn't really a negotiation phase.

Systems Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TASC (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

I submitted my application to job reqs posted on the TASC website. I first had a phone interview for about 30 minutes. The interviewer was friendly and spoke casually. It was more of a conversation than a straight question/answer interview and he mostly told me about the company, asked me a few questions about what I was looking for, and told me he thought my interests were in line with what they had to offer. They flew me out for an interview with 2 different groups within the company. Met with my phone interviewer first, then went through a few more individual interviews of about 15 minutes each, give or take. I was interviewed by the line/functional manager, and the leads for 2 different projects that I was being considered for. Everyone was friendly and the interviews were all more of a conversation than a firehose of questions. Basic things like tell me about your experience in this area or that area, what are your interests, etc. I was given the opportunity to ask any questions I had, and felt very comfortable with the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Which of the two jobs that I interviewed for would I rather have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the original offer.

Information Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TASC (Chantilly, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

This was my first interview as I prepared to retire from the military. Low key setting at a northern Virginia office, following a resume review phone interview with the recruiter. Two interviews back-to-back in about tow hours, one with the project lead and the other with the technical lead. Some questions about my specific experience with IC information assurance documents, my experience with DoD IA processes and policy appeared to meet their concerns but I would have been expected to quickly come up to speed with IC policy. I was happy with what I heard about how they planned to develop personnel, and I am continuing to look at TASC for positions.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience with IC information assurance policy.   1 Answer

Operations Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TASC (Chantilly, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

Standard personality and interpersonal questions. Questions based mostly on random elements within resume, mostly pertaining to client engagement and resolving technical challenges. They asked a lot about what my overall plans were such as mgmt or school and so forth. Their primary concern was establishing technical competency sufficient enough that I could begin working on-site with the customer on day one.

Interview Questions

• How often were you required to work on tasks which you felt were beyond the scope of the contract, or which you felt you were not technically equipped to handle?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very quick. A few days between phone and in person interview, a few between that and the offer. I accepted the first offer which I felt was good..

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TASC (Chantilly, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

One of the most ridiculous interviews I've ever had. I was interviewed by a succession of four different people. Each one asked about my software development skills. The HR rep came in at the end and said, "the interviewers all liked you, but they felt you might be better as a systems engineer. What do you think of that?" I reached out to my resume sitting on the table in front of us, turned it towards her, and pointed to the top of page 1: "Objective: Senior Systems Engineer." She looked a bit flustered and mumbled something like, "Well, OK, then."

Budget Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at TASC (Chantilly, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

I was called in to talk to my direct support, as well as a few individuals I would be working with. Questions revolved around basic skills and knowledge, automation and excel related questions, etc.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain Pivot tables and Vlookups...   1 Answer