TASC Strategic Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TASC Strategic Consulting Interview Questions

3.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at TASC Strategic Consulting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TASC Strategic Consulting (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in August 2016.

Interview

After submitting a resume, I was invited to the exam. As others have mentioned, it is similar to McKinsey PST and that is probably the most effective way to prepare - DO NOT rely on the example on the firm's website, as the actual exam is much more difficult. I found the math to be slightly more difficult than the PST, but the logic/ strategy questions were easier. A ten minute English writing prompt is given at the end - on a random topic.
    After the test I was invited for an HR interview. Fairly low-stress interview, mostly getting to know you questions and some typical interview conversation. Not so much STAR/ CAR things.
    After the HR interview I was invited for a case interview with a project manager. We went through two scenarios, one more strategic and one more calculation based. I was pretty awful and was not invited to the next case interview round, but I felt like the interview was fairly straight-forward and fair if I had been better prepared.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TASC Strategic Consulting.

Interview

I've interviewed in Tel-Aviv. The first stage is an analytical test - which is harder then the one on Tasc's website. The second stage is an interview with HR (it OK, pretty straight forward). The third stage is an interview with a consultant or dome mid-level manager. The last stage (assuming you have passed stages 1,2 and 3) is two interviews with two of the partners.

Interview Questions

• Way do you think you fit in the consulting management bushiness?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TASC Strategic Consulting (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)).

Interview

Exams, interview with HR, interview with a team leader, and then an interview with the managing partners, Ilan and Selco. Overall very impressive people and company, although I can't say that any of my interviewers were overly friendly or approachable. Very down to business and serious. I sense I didn't get an offer because I flaked on my motivational pitch, despite doing okay with the cases. So prepare well on all fronts.

Interview Questions

• For the exams, make sure you practice with the McKinsey PST and you'll do fine. Also, a 10 minute essay about the last book you've read. All in English of course.   Answer Question
    • For HR, make sure you know why you want this job and what can you bring with you. General HR questions such as how did you solve a problem, how did you manage a difficulty, etc.   Answer Question
    • For 1 hour case interview with a team manager, I was given a market entry and market sizing case. A residential gas supplier (from the ones that supply cooking and heating gas to households, like Pazgas, Amisragas) considers entering into the LIQUEFIED PETROLEUM GAS industry and supply gas to fuel cars, as a petrol replacement. Analyse what the company has to consider before entering this market and then quantify the potential revenues for the first year. This would require you to estimate the number of cars in Israel and the amount of money spent per year on petrol.   Answer Question
    • For the partner interviews, half an hour with each. Ilan just goes straight to the case. Mine was a profitability one. The Ramat Aviv Observatory (Planetarium) is facing decreased profits, and you have to analyse it and find the root cause. Stick with the general frameworks to solve this. The root cause in the case was that the nearby parking lot, which used to be free of charge, started charging for parking, which reduced the volume of customers coming in. Ilan is also likely to ask for quick calculations so be prepared.
      For Selco, be prepared for both a motivational and a case interview. For motivation, be sure to memorise your pitch for 1) why you want to do consulting and 2) why would you be good at it. For the case, I was asked to calculate how often do the elevators at Azrieli towers need a maintenance check, if one is required for every 10,000 km of travel. That was quite a difficult case as you both have to be brilliant and not lock yourself down to a dead end route for solution.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at TASC Strategic Consulting (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)).

Interview

First a short(~10 minutes) Phone call from the HR manager, then a business cases test(1.5 hour) and a short assay in English on a topic known only on the spot. then a long interview with the HR manager and then 2 rounds of business cases tests with a project manager and a partner.

Interview Questions

• The first test was harder then i spectated, study for it!   Answer Question

Low salary

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TASC Strategic Consulting.

Interview

Pen and Paper Test (more complicated then I expected),
    1.5 hours 20 questions 5 cases, it is not as hard as McKinsey but it is not easy, you need to study, also had a Prisoner question, and a Nash Solution question. After that they gave us 10 mins to write an essay - you need to pay attention to the time, most people did not finish the essay - come with an electronic watch.
    Within the 20 questions you get penalized for wrong answers, so I left some blank blank.

About 1-2 days later you get the answer, next stage is an interview with HR

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TASC Strategic Consulting (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in May 2014.

Interview

First we had an informational session about TASC's operations and various career paths. This was followed by a written analytical test similar, but easier that the McKinsey PST. The test included four case studies, with questions. I was then invited back for an interview by HR, and failed to move on from there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you find most appealing about working at task?   1 Answer

Business Analyst - Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TASC Strategic Consulting (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in January 2014.

Interview

first step: exams
    second step: 2 interviews
    third step : 3 interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at TASC Strategic Consulting (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)).

Interview

After sending my CV I was contacted by HR to schedule a time to do a test on site. The test is one hour long, different cases and related questions , similar to the case study on their website. After that there a short essay in English to be completed in 10 min. On a given topic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TASC Strategic Consulting (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in September 2013.

Interview

analitical test, hr interview, accosiate inteview, senior employee

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TASC Strategic Consulting (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in March 2013.

Interview

A test with strategic questions. We were about 15 people sitting in a room and they just gave us a book with lots of analytical questions. We had about 2 hours to finish answering. The people weren't approachable and were very cold and distant. I did not enjoy the experience.