TASER Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TASER Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TASER (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online at Axon's website and then was contacted by the recruiter.

Process went from: Recruiter Phone Screen and then Technical Phone Interview

Overall, I liked my recruiter and interviewer at Axon a lot. My interviewer for the technical phone interview was a Sr. Director in the company. During the technical portion he was actually very polite and helpful, and really gave me a lot of opportunity to put my best foot forward, I just froze and choked. Towards the end of the interview, I got to ask some questions, and he very winsomely and transparently explained what Axon was looking to build next, the team & company culture was like, and the competitive market conditions of the product they were looking to build. You can clearly tell that he was very passionate about what he was talking about, and though I wasn't able to progress onto the next round, I really enjoyed speaking with the people at Axon.

Interview Questions

• Not going to say. Nor would it matter, because if you know the answer to a question, they'll ask you a different question. They're more into how you think and go about solving problems, not so much if you're able to regurgitate an answer to a question.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TASER.

Interview

Informal - leaders dress as if they are on a company picnic and look down on candidates dressed professionally.
    After learning about the company culture I turned the job down. Company has all sorts of litigation issues domestically and internationally. Also growing competition with better built and lower priced products. Their AXON offering and sales team is sub-par by software industry standards.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TASER.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn and we scheduled a technical phone screen. In the first phone screen, I spoke briefly about my background with computer science before moving onto two coding problems, which I worked through on a shared online document. After a second screen which was very similar to the first, I was called and offered a summer internship. I had a great experience interviewing with AXON / Taser.

Interview Questions

• What kind of challenges did you face when working on a personal project, and how did you work through them?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TASER (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I met the one of their designers at job fair and had an interview the second day. She was really nice and we had a great talk. A week later I got a second interview, also a good talk. Then I waited for a very long time to get their feedback.

Product Evangelist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TASER (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

Received an email stating they were impressed with my skills and I would be contacted, which I was, a week later. The phone interview went so well that I was told I was highly qualified and they were excited to have me do a video interview. I was told that, based upon my experience, I may be put into a mentor/lead position. However, I received an email after the video interview that they were no longer interested. I think they were looking for a younger employee with less experience and lower salary requirements, though mine were considered industry standard.

Director of Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TASER (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Job was first posted in November 2016. I applied and heard nothing. Saw job posted again in early January and re-submitted. I also messaged someone via Linkedin. A few days later, I received a call from a recruiter setting up a phone call for the next day with one of the instructional designers. That person called 20 minutes late. She asked some very basic questions and then revealed that she would be reporting to me! AND...she went on about her previous boss (who went on Maternity Leave and decided not to return), and said "She was the best boss I ever had!" Great! I don't stand a chance. The next day, I received a "no thank you" email. On a positive note, I contacted the VP and she was very receptive to hearing my feedback. In fact, she called within 10 minutes of my email. That takes courage and a willingness to hear stuff you may not really want to. So, I congratulate her, and hope she can use my experience to tighten up the process.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever designed training programs?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TASER in January 2017.

Interview

Two phone interview plus HR screen. During the HR screen the person asked me if it's ok with me that they were offering intern salary matching those of Facebook and Amazon and where was I interviewing. During the second technical phone interview the engineer sounded so depressed that he couldn't sustain a conversation to make the process decent. Also, long pauses on his end constantly made me ask if he was paying attention because it felt like he wasn't.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TASER (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

The process was straight forward with a few more interviews than typical - phone screen (basic), phone interview with hiring manager, onsite interviews with several folks, then a quick interview with an executive. The onsite logistics were first class with flight arrangements taken care of, chauffeured car, good intro into facility, fairly seamless interviews, transport and back to the airport. Expenses were even reimbursed without any pushback at all. VERY impressive and created a positive impression of the company. The recruiter and recruiting coordinator were exceptional.

Interview Questions

• Why Taser? Why are you a fit? Describe your work ethic?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TASER in November 2016.

Interview

Asked questions regarding my knowledge of Taser and why I was interested in working there. I had to explain various areas in which my experiences from my resume could apply to the position, and how specifically my skills would fit the position I was applying for. I was also asked about my outside activities. Mostly behavioral.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TASER.

Interview

Scheduled a phone call, talked about some simple data structure and algorithm questions. Like binary search, queue. They requires linked list, but I use JS often so do not have much understanding on linked list.

Interview Questions

• Give you five numbers, each number is smaller than 500, sort them in O(n)   1 Answer