TBWA\Chiat\Day Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.8

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Playa Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TBWA\Chiat\Day (Playa Vista, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Did a brief phone interview with one of the recruiters and was then passed on for a second round in-person interview at their Westside Office. I met with two women from HR, the questioning was pretty basic/straight-forward. One thing I did find interesting was that one of the interviewers showed up about 15 minutes after it started and the other one left about 15 minutes before it ended, which definitely shook my confidence a little. I ultimately was not passed on to the third round where candidates presumably met with the Executives. The vibe of the office was super cool, very chill and laid back, open-air office environment.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle schedule changes and shifting priorities?   Answer Question

Associate Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TBWA\Chiat\Day (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview with a recruiter. Very easy and conversational. Next was an in-person interview, easy and also conversational. After emailing to thank them for the interview, I never heard back about scheduling the technical interview.

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Playa Vista, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TBWA\Chiat\Day (Playa Vista, CA).

Interview

Lengthy interview process. Had to meet with at least 6 people in the department. Final interview was with the president which was not as nearly intimidating as I imagined. Everyone was calm and the interview was like a conversation in the park, literally. Salary was not discussed with other team members. Only with my HR recruiter.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TBWA\Chiat\Day (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Very quick phone interview for screening. Only lasted 15 minutes total. I think a longer skype interview with the team would have been next, but I just spoke with the director of HR.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TBWA\Chiat\Day (New York, NY).

Interview

I went through 4 interviews, with four different people. First a Skype interview that lasted about 20 minutes. In this interview we just talked about my resume and my experiences. After that interview I met with HR for about 40 minutes. Pretty straightforward questions. After HR I met with the manager of the department and then the director for about 20 minutes each. I met with HR again and then I was offered the position on the spot. All of this occurred over 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why advertising? Walk me through your resume? Talk to me about a time where you had a challenge?What's your personality like? How do you handle stress? Have you done research before?   Answer Question

Web Analytics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TBWA\Chiat\Day (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Had a couple phone interviews, then had to answer several questions (a short analytics test). Then came in for an interview that lasted a couple of hours, talked with several people who each asked me several scripted questions and then answered questions for a few minutes. Had a final phone interview with one of the directors.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you took a risk and it paid off / when you took a risk and it didn't pay off   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TBWA\Chiat\Day.

Interview

Straightforward process. Friendly Initial phone interview with HR covering all the basics (about 30 mins). Immediately scheduled a second in-person interview at the end of the call. Interviewed with almost every member in the department one at a time. There was some time spent waiting for interviewers to show up. Detailed my skills in each conversation and past experiences. We spoke about I got a call saying that I was the final candidate the next day. Took a few weeks after to have position approved to start.

Junior Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TBWA\Chiat\Day in December 2014.

Interview

Had an in through an employee referral. Scheduled a call with an HR specialist that lasted around 30 minutes. Mix of direct and open-ended questions - my interest in media, my experience with specific statistical software packages, etc. Asked to submit writing samples via email. Followed up with no response.

Interview Questions

• My experience with specific statistical software programs.   Answer Question

Senior Planner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TBWA\Chiat\Day.

Interview

The interview process was overall pretty great for me as I got an offer and happily accepted. Started off meeting my eventual boss and some heads of departments and had some good, engaging conversations with all, but things took a serious turn the worse when I met with HR in my second interview. She shared some personal information about herself off the bat which I found slightly inappropriate but tried to forget about it. Later in the interview she pointed out several reasons why she didn't feel like I was a good cultural fit for the agency and why she didn't like me. I defended my candidacy as I best could but I do believe she is entitled to have an opinion and should be able to express that opinion on candidates. I just felt it was unprofessional and reflected the company's culture in a poor light. If I was getting this criticized in an interview would I have to deal with the same kind of blasting in this job? After chatting with my department head I accepted the job and a year later am very happy in this position and truly enjoy working with my team.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult or unexpected. Just had to show some writing examples and materials I've created for internal use and client use and presented them as I did for their intended audience.   Answer Question

New Business Manager Interview

Interview

I first interviewed with HR and then the Executive New Business Manager. It was actually semi casual and more conversational. Awaiting to hear if I've made it to round 3.