TCF Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.2

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TCF (Livonia, MI).

Interview

For Michigan locations, they will phone-screen you before calling you in for an interview at the Livonia headquarters. The interview process is fairly casual. They will ask general questions about your experience and why you want to work for TCF.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TCF

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TCF in June 2016.

Interview

pretty long, the lady drilled me with lots of questions revolving around my sales experience. answered with the skills from my previous job. honestly the only reason i believe i got the job was because i told her that rather than selling, i like to engage with the customers to understand their needs. tcf really focuses on your selling experiences.

Interview Questions

• name one time you had to deal with an irate customer
      do you have any sales experience
      how would you handle having to meet a quota
      how far would you go to meet the quota   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Interview

Had one interview then was hired after background check and drug test. Online job application contains a personality test. The interview was really easy and received a call a few days after with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• no difficult questions just the basic. Some resume and others behavioral.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TCF (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Ask typical questions. How to handle an irate customer. First a phone interview then recruiter then branch manager. Asks u alot of questions and you role play also. It was pretty simple

Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TCF in April 2014.

Interview

I applied with a referral from a current TCF Employee. Applied online, got a call from the recruiter the next morning. Had a quick phone interview, went to a branch, met the recruiter and branch manager, was declined because i was "too quiet".

recruiter sent me to another branch that needed a Hmong employee and I got the job. Started training a few weeks later.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TCF (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had two interviews. The initial interview was given by a corporate office recruiter and the gentleman was very professional. He saw with my previous experience that I would be able to handle the amount of cash flow easily since I had worked at a race track handling a lot of money. The second interview was by the branch manager at the bank I would be working at. I waited 15 minutes for her to call me up. There were many customers waiting so I knew it would be a busy location. The most difficult question was "Why do you wish to work at this bank" because I do not think many people want to work at the lowest rated bank in a city. Also, answering "what are your weaknesses" is always difficult, but I try to answer by using a quality that sounds bad but can be good, such as being OCD (organizational). The hourly wage was quoted to me and I would recommend anyone going into this process to fight for a higher salary, at least asking for a dollar more.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you wish to work at (a mid-to-low level) this bank?" Please see above for more detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would suggest others negotiate for a higher hourly wage or salary if applying at this bank, especially if they have experience. Otherwise, you will be waiting 6 months for a raise.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TCF (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online then got a call from hr department. Went in for a interview with 2 managers at the time. Then got a call back within 2 days for the job offer. After that, you have 2 weeks training.

Anonymous Employee in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TCF (North Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. I applied online. You will be contacted by a recruiter who will ask you basic questions. He will bring you in for an in person interview and test your sales abilities by having you pitch an account. After that you have an interview with the branch manager. A few days later is when you will hear back with a decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were faced with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TCF (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

It was a face to face interview for thirty minutes or so. It was a professional setting but with some interruptions by existing tellers walking in through the office doors

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TCF (Saint Paul, MN) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview then an interview in person. Asked a lot of questions. It was pretty easy and the recruiter was really nice. After doing a phone interview they refer you to an interview with the branch manager and recruiter

Interview Questions

• what are you looking for? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? tell me a time you had conflict with a a co-worker or customer.   1 Answer