TD Ameritrade Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TD Ameritrade Financial Representative Interview Questions

2.7

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE).

Interview

After submitting the application, I got an e-mail next day to set up the phone interview. The phone interview was very nice, pretty much talked about your previous job and why TD Ameritrade. Once you passed the phone interview then they set you up with F2F interview. F2F interview is based on STAR which it is all related with your previous experiences. Overall it was very pleasant experiences and people are super friendly!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TD Ameritrade

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in October 2015.

Interview

After I submitted my interview I waited 1 week to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was easy, and took about 15 minutes. They asked a few questions nothing to difficult and I was asked to take two assessments to learn more about myself. Once those were completed I could continue, I did pass them since I made it to the face to face interview a week later. The final interview was scheduled 60 minutes with two interviewees. They will ask you behavior questions and will write down your responses on a grading sheet.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions or 5 start questions will be asked.   Answer Question

I wasn't impressed with the detailed job description during the face to face interview. It seemed like they were more concerned with higher turnover sales than company values. There wasn't much enthusiasm in the interviewers when we sat down to talk and long term didn't seem like I would stay long anyways.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in February 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by a face to face. I applied online various times finally got a call back after receiving licensing from another firm. This was a leg up but seems they really just want to check your desire and interest levels and phone tolerance.

Interview Questions

• Uses STAR format. Be prepared to answer questions this was so as to score well.   1 Answer

TD Ameritrade Response

Aug 17, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Representative

Glad to hear that you joined the TDA team! Thank you for the feedback on the interview process.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade in January 2015.

Interview

A brief interview with a recruiter went well. He asked a few questions and wanted STAR format answers.

I interviewed for one start date but got pushed but to another much later date due to an internal error after waiting months already. I've interviewed at several other financial firms and TD by far has the slowest process to get people on board.

Interview Questions

• basic star format questions about how you handled past situations   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Wichita, KS) in December 2014.

Interview

I lived in another state so my interview was over the phone. The process was easy. I applied they called for the preliminary part, then you move to an interview usually with a couple of managers and one of them will hire you. Sometimes you have to do two interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a brokerage account?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

The Interview started with a an hour long phone interview. I was then called in the next week for a one on one interview that was scheduled at 9pm at night. I had previously worked with the company as a temp, and exceeded goals, with great job performance. I was not offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

I was Contacted on a tuesday by phone to set up a phone interview. On thursday I had a phone interview, they asked standard behavioral questions. Friday I was emailed 3 assesments, and then i set up a panel interview with them the next monday. You meet with two managers who ask you seven "tell me about a time when.." and "what did you do" type questions. I was contacted on wednesday with an offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went out of the way to provide good customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Dallas, TX) in June 2009.

Interview

One phone interview and two in person meetings.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Needed a job and accepted right away

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

Star interview questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/a

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview

Hiring process consists of a short phone interview, 2 assessments (personality, and basic mathematical skills), and an in person interview with 2 managers. Questions are very basic behavioral type questions. Easy to get along with the managers. There is not a drug test

Interview Questions

• None of them were technically difficult, all pretty much fluff questions, search behavior questions online and you will be fine   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation available- but you get to choose your shift, each shift pays differently