TD Ameritrade Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TD Ameritrade Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.4

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview

It was a not bad experience. I spoke to a recruiter at a career fair. Applied online and was called. Went onsite and had three interviews with three managers. Very comfortable. They did not ask anything technical. Mostly just went over my resume. They wanted to see who got into the culture.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not try.

TD Ameritrade Response

Jun 10, 2016 – Representative,TAS

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that you had a good experience interviewing with us and that the managers made you feel comfortable during the process.

Other Interview Reviews for TD Ameritrade

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person interview. Interviewed by two people using the STAR method. Asked about five situational questions. Come prepared with different scenarios on where you went above and beyond to meet client's request

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were a leader   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Very basic, asking about resume and experience. Interview was more of a dialogue. First I spoke with the general recruiter, who then scheduled follow up interviews with different managers to see who was the best fit. Everyone was very nice during the process.

Interview Questions

• Asking about strengths and weaknesses, latest technology softwares   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through their website, then got the phone call interview, then office interview. Recruiter and interviewer are very nice. The interview process was not hard at all. Just be confident and show your passion about the internship program and the company, you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• there are no difficult questions. Very basic, just show them your passion for learning about the work and this company   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade in April 2013.

Interview

After submitting a resume online, a lady called me and explained they were interested in getting to know more about me. She set up a time later in the week for the first interview, which was held over the phone. During the phone interview, she asked the basic questions like if you were in this situation you would do what types of questions. Then she asked my availability to make sure I would be able to work the hours they needed (20 hours/week). A few days later she called and said the first one went well so they wanted me to come in for a interview with the hiring manager. The second interview was a little intimidating since it was my first real interview. The hiring manager and another guy kept writing down notes and seemed to be unimpressed with anything I said. However, when we were done with the questions and we started talking we seemed to break the ice and lighten up a bit. When I left I didn't think I had done well enough to get the internship, but a few weeks later the lady who had interviewed me over the phone called to tell me I got the internship! The lady was always very friendly, however the two guys in the interview were rigid and not very approachable. They made it kind of uncomfortable, but I guess that's how an interview is going to be.

Interview Questions

• What are the core values of our company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2013.

Interview

on-site interview with three officers. one by one. half hour for each. the first two people are professions, ask more about the projects on resume and how you familiar with some stat software, like SAS. the last one is HR, ask general questions. Like what is your plan in future, in one year and in five years.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in May 2011.

Interview

The process was very basic. They asked basic questions regarding my resume and was very laid back. I was pretty sure that they had already made a decision to hire me when I interviewed, as most of the questions seemed more for verification purposes. For a college student, it was really the ideal interview as the laid back environment really set the tone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your extracurricular college activities?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2011.

Interview

There was a series of 6 interviews with the team that I was hoping to join, four of which were in person and the other two were over the phone since the managers were not able to be present that day. The interviews were mostly fit and psychological, rather than problem solving.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

Applied online, received notification within 1 week. Set up phone interview that led to a personality test. Finally I was asked to interview 1:1.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

HR Rep called and set a phone interview. After the phone interview the Rep will send an email for you to complete an online personality test and perform a background check. if all goes well, rep then contacts you and sets up an in person interview and then another interview in which you interview in front of a panel.