TD Ameritrade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.8

Emerging Talent Program- Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Very smooth process. All interviewers were very friendly. The super day can be a little hectic with back to back interviews, but overall, still doable. Interviews were all very behavioral, and mainly asked about past projects/internships in detail.

Interview Questions

• What is one question you wished I would have asked you?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade in March 2017.

Interview

I applied and within a few days received an email from an HR recruiter wanting to setup an in-person interview. During that interview I met with two people, a manager and someone closer to the level I would be working. I was told it might take several weeks for me to hear back, but I never heard anything after a few follow up attempts. While the two I talked with were very nice and respectful, I am highly unlikely to pursue TD again after they ignored my application after one interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave an operations role for something here? How can your experience in finance be helpful in data analysis?   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE).

Interview

I applied through campus career website. I was contacted by the Hiring Manager via email after couple weeks to come in for an interview with both the Head of Internal Audit and a Senior Internal Auditor at the office. I did not undergo any phone screening or phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do want to work for TD Ameritrade? Tell us a bit about TD Ameritrade?   Answer Question

TD Ameritrade Response

Feb 28, 2017 – Executive Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to provide a comment. The interview process can be a little different depending on the position and department, but for the majority of jobs, a recruiter phone screen ... More

Communications Interview

Interview

Phone interview with human resources- they were very professional and responsive and helped to coordinate in-person meetings with a few members of the team in the Jersey City office. Interviews were short and to the point, with a very friendly team

Interview Questions

• Handling multiple deadlines, previous relevant experience   Answer Question

TD Ameritrade Response

Feb 28, 2017 – Executive Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Financial Services Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Took Online Assessment test. I was contacted later to schedule a face to face interview. The interview started with tour of the office followed by an overview of the position. After that I was asked a series of behavioral questions. Interview was concluded by asking if I had any questions. The interviewer was really nice and the experience was good overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed or made a mistake and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Specialist, Records Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within days an HR recruiter contacted me by email to set up a F2F interview with the hiring manager. I liked that communication was done by email so no playing phone tag. This was the first time in my job search I've had a company go straight to F2F with no phone screen first. My interview was conducted in a conference room off the lobby. I received a follow-up call from HR within the time frame that was communicated to me (about a week and a half) to advise me that they went with another candidate. Although I didn't get the position, this company's recruiting process is by far the best I've experienced in terms of follow through and being treated with appreciation (as you would treat a valued customer!) I would definitely apply there again.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions such as tell me about previous job experience, how did you handle a difficult situation, etc.   Answer Question

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

It was thorough. Questions were appropriate to the job. Had an initial phone screen. Then received an email outlining the job further and request to schedule an interview. Had 1:1 interview received offer two business days later accepted position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where a rule got in the way of you being able to help a client and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade in November 2016.

Interview

There was a brief run down on the office space, breaks, team goals, and job specifications. Then there was an extensive conversation (which was very inspiring) about what characteristics will make someone very successful starting out and how to advance to where you would like to be within the company. There was great talk about company culture, beliefs, and standards.

Interview Questions

• What was an instance in which you went above and beyond for an employer?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Pretty basic and friendly, uses STAR method. Asked specifically about my background and what dates I'd be interested in starting. Had to take a few Personality tests, submit to a background check. Stressed core company values.

Negotiation

Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with the Manager in question, a 1:1 interview scheduled a week after with other Managers and the Director. A week after that, the recruiter contacted me for a skills test to perform in a scheduled time. A week and some days after I got a call from the recruiter to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• The Director asked me what I would do in a specific scenario regarding a compensation situation.   Answer Question