Blurred employer

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

TD Ameritrade Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 457 of over 457 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

TD Ameritrade

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade

Interview

The interview process was not a long one at all. I only went through two interviews before I had an offer extended to me. I had heard from someone on the inside that sometimes they make you go through a third interview if they are still unsure about you. However, this was not the case for me. The people I interviewed with were very kind and laid back. The second interview was with two managers who were straight forward but also very kind and showed their personalities a little as well. I even misunderstood a question they gave me and they let me answer the question again after they corrected me. One thing that was very helpful during the interview process was that they gave you hints about what sort of questions they would ask in the interview and also gave a helpful link to a website that shared tips on how to best answer interview questions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time when you turned a negative into a positive.
    Answer Question
  • What makes you think that you are qualified for this position?
  • Tell me a time that you had to gather information in order to clarify a situation or make a decision.
  • Tell me a time when you received constructive criticism.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Chicago, IL)

Interview

There were a few rounds of interviews over zoom. Nothing to technical was mainly to gauge a sense of communication skills. Overall found the process not that hard. Received Offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about TD Ameritrade

Finance

502.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - /Community/finance

Got a burning question about interviews at TD Ameritrade? Just ask!

On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with TD Ameritrade employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

TD Ameritrade

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. First round was a simple phone interview and second was video interview. Third one was 2 managers in a video interview with questions like “describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you handle it” using the SMART method. Overall very thorough interview process but everyone was easy to talk to and made you feel comfortable.

Interview Questions
  • describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you handle it

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Saint Louis, MO)

Interview

Two interviews with the third being more of an offer. First was with a recruiter, second with two managers, third with recruiter and offer. STAR Interview method Describe a time you....Overcame, problem solved, etc

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you....Overcame, problem solved, etc

TD Ameritrade

Application

I interviewed at TD Ameritrade

Interview

I applied online for the position. It took them few weeks to get back to me. We had a phone screen interview with the recruiter. It went very well, asking general questions about my resume and availability.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

TD Ameritrade

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade

Interview

Straight forward interview asking about your experience and they make you comfortable. They like honesty and treat you like a human being. You can ask them questions afterwards and they’re always truthful.

Interview Questions
  • Are you interested in taking you SIE, Series 7, and Series 63.

TD Ameritrade

Application

I interviewed at TD Ameritrade

Interview

Phone interview, about 30/45 mins long. Mostly basic questions about past experience, combined with a lot of explanation of details surrounding job and training. Some behavioral questions about past interactions with customers.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time a customer was unhappy with a service or product. How did you approach the situation?

TD Ameritrade

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade

Interview

Online interview with a couple of people. Basic coding skills. If you do well, you get called back and chat with people. It's really chill. Don't know what else to say.

Interview Questions
  • Two Sum problem. A couple of other leetcode easy questions.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

All about confidence, they love to see your personality shine through your experience. Make sure you have a solid understanding of the basic fundamentals of your role you’re going for.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

TD Ameritrade

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade in May 2022

Interview

After submitting a resume, I was contacted by a recruiter via Manpower, and they scheduled a screening interview. The questions were easy, like any screening interview, and they emphasized the STAR format. At the end of the screening interview, they asked when I would be available for an online interview with a hiring manager. The hiring manager was very pleasant, had been with the company a long time, and seemed genuinely nice and invested in the company and process. There were 6 STAR-based questions. They also discussed the 2-year "agreement" that the company "requires" and how it doesn't need to be in the same role. The company fills roles internally, and the Financial Customer Service Rep is the entry position with the company (for many positions). Truthfully, I don't think I will get an offer because the hiring manager didn't ask about my availability, possible fit with the company, explicitly stated they were not allowed to discuss salary, and provided zero feedback. Overall, I think the process would be easier in person or for those who are outgoing.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 457 Interviews

TD Ameritrade Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at TD Ameritrade as 71.4% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.70 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Senior Software Engineer and Senior EPM rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Broker and Audit Intern roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at TD Ameritrade takes an average of 21.81 days when considering 450 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Associate had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Senior Producer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 180 days).

Common stages of the interview process at TD Ameritrade according to 450 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 26.46%