TD Ameritrade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2018

2.7

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2010.

Interview

Phone interview conduct by someone who sounded as if they were 15 years old. Questions were deceptive and interview did not last long. Kind of strange considering the fact that I have years of experience and possess all the required licenses. Must be looking for a recent college grad to pay them pennies

Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview

You will go through 3 - 1 hour interviews prior to receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE).

Interview

I applied through campus career website. I was contacted by the Hiring Manager via email after couple weeks to come in for an interview with both the Head of Internal Audit and a Senior Internal Auditor at the office. I did not undergo any phone screening or phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do want to work for TD Ameritrade? Tell us a bit about TD Ameritrade?   Answer Question

TD Ameritrade Response

Feb 28, 2017 – Executive Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to provide a comment. The interview process can be a little different depending on the position and department, but for the majority of jobs, a recruiter phone screen... More

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Newark, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with a recruiter then I was scheduled a technical interview then a face to face interview onsite, 3 rounds in total. It was laid back and the hiring managers are very nice.

Interview Questions

• There were 8 socks, 4 red, 4 green, how many times do you need to surely get a pair of socks?   1 Answer

Software Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online and completed a phone interview a week later. Interviewed in person with the hiring manager and her colleague. Pretty straightforward interview with some questions about experiences with Linux and working time-sensitive tickets.

Overall it was a good experience. Everyone involved was very courteous. I did not get an offer as the position was filled with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• If you had no financial obligations for six months, what would you do with all your extra money   1 Answer

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2011.

Interview

Dinner night before the interview. Interviewers were very friendly. Interview was completely behavioral.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2009.

Interview

Found out about job posting through alumni network. Had initial conversation with hiring manager (brain teaser questions, cultural fit) followed by interview with department director (similar questions- math on the spot, standard business case question). After about a week, was invited to interview in person for final round with Managing Director, hiring manager & other analysts on team for some skill based questions (SQL writing) and cultural fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Houston, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

After applying online the branch manager contacted me directly by phone a little over two weeks later, the delay in response being the result of the recruiter for that division recently leaving. It was a friendly, get-to-know-you type of conversation which segued into questions regarding my background, previous experience, qualifications, and whether I'd be a good fit to proceed further. That initial conversation went very well and landed me an invitation to come in and meet the branch manager in person.

The face time interview was conversational and very relaxed, as we went more in depth as to what I had handled in previous positions that would align with the requirements they had for the client service specialist. Everyday duties would consist of depositing checks, entering trades, imaging transfer paperwork to the back office and following through to make sure transfers were handled in a timely manner and no money was left behind, taking inbound calls, making outbound calls, coordinating client events on an as-needed basis, and handling client service issues (RMD's, beneficiary updates, account transactions), but the biggest target of the position was to take existing clients who came in for service items and leveraging the opportunity to sit them down with an investment consultant if their was a lucrative opportunity discovered. This meant being able to build relationships with their current clients and uncover opportunities for their six IC's to transition self-directed accounts over to managed accounts, this was the biggest part of the business development and 'keeps the lights on'.

The first interview went so well that I was told on the spot I would be contacted later that day to set up a time to come back and sit down with the investment consultants to make sure the personalities were a good fit and to get a better idea of what they would need. I received the call, set up a second interview, did the usual follow through with a thank-you letter and went in the next week to meet with two of the IC's.

The investment consultants had been there for a period of time, they spoke highly of the company, and I addressed questions such as 'how long have you been in sales, what interests you in this particular position, are you able to multi-task, handle processing requests, follow through, and can you drop everything to address a client who walks in, they are the number one priority', etc. Following that I was encouraged to ask my own questions. The person who vacated the position took a promotion within the company, which was encouraging that this could be a place where I could grow professionally.

Overall it was a great experience, I have no regrets, I gave it my all. The office environment is relaxed, conference room for client meetings is up front, nice lobby, ICs' offices are further back down the hall, and the size of the location is large enough where you don't get the feeling everyone is tripping over each other. The best impression I got is that the IC's are each assigned individually to be 'broker of the day', so referring investment opportunities won't leave you in a position to have to choose, it's fair, honest, very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• "Your desk is going to be covered in paper, why would you want to do this?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2013.

Interview

Standard interview, nothing out of the ordinary

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in November 2015.

Interview

Star interview where you get 5 questions in which you have to come up with a situation and state how you resolved the issue. Usually there tsunami both a manager and assistant manager conducting the interview