TD Ameritrade Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 444 of over 444 interviews

Campus Recruiting10%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

TD Ameritrade

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade

Interview

All about confidence, they love to see your personality shine through your experience. Make sure you have a solid understanding of the basic fundamentals of your role you’re going for.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in five years?
    Answer Question

TD Ameritrade

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade in May 2022

Interview

I worked for TD Ameritrade for a few months back in 2017. I tried recently to apply for them and it was a bad experience. I first was told I’d be prepped for an interview, and was, and then was told she’d let me know within a few days if I’d be interviewed, she never got back to me. I had to contact her, in which case she said she would check as to what the holdup is, then never for back to me. I contacted her again after several days, to find out they said I wasn’t rehirable after my last time there, which made no sense, as I was told I was, I just didn’t pass one of the tests, that’s it. I asked her if she could find out why I’m not rehirable, she said she’d check, and of course, hadn’t got back to me. I liked my time at TD Ameritrade previously, but this is ridiculous.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about TD Ameritrade

Join the conversation on

Finance

67.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=TD Ameritrade~6601
Join the conversation on

TD Ameritrade

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade in May 2022

Interview

After submitting a resume, I was contacted by a recruiter via Manpower, and they scheduled a screening interview. The questions were easy, like any screening interview, and they emphasized the STAR format. At the end of the screening interview, they asked when I would be available for an online interview with a hiring manager. The hiring manager was very pleasant, had been with the company a long time, and seemed genuinely nice and invested in the company and process. There were 6 STAR-based questions. They also discussed the 2-year "agreement" that the company "requires" and how it doesn't need to be in the same role. The company fills roles internally, and the Financial Customer Service Rep is the entry position with the company (for many positions). Truthfully, I don't think I will get an offer because the hiring manager didn't ask about my availability, possible fit with the company, explicitly stated they were not allowed to discuss salary, and provided zero feedback. Overall, I think the process would be easier in person or for those who are outgoing.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

TD Ameritrade

Application

I interviewed at TD Ameritrade

Interview

They flew me in to Chicago. Very nice and questions were not too difficult. Overall good experience and was a nice onboarding process into the company. Would recommend it to a person if I was asked

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

TD Ameritrade

Application

I interviewed at TD Ameritrade

Interview

Easy, straight to the point , as long as you conduct research for the position prior to the interview, you should have success and receive an offer. you got this

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

TD Ameritrade

Application

I interviewed at TD Ameritrade

Interview

I felt very comfortable during the procesa. If you are on an F1 visa applying for OPT its very hard to be accepted. So in my case, the interview process did not move forward as much due to that limitation

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

TD Ameritrade

Application

I interviewed at TD Ameritrade

Interview

Standard interview questions for financial institutions. Describe a time when you had a difficult customer... Describe a time when you went above and beyond ...Why should we hire you...Where do you see yourself in 5 years

Interview Questions
  • What are some of the things you do to avoid rejecting cases submitted by advisors?

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

Easy and straightforward process. Really emphasize the core values of the company and want to understand you as a worker and individual to make sure you're a good fit for the job

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in Jan 2022

Interview

Was a very straightforward process. Started with an exploratory phone call and a 10 question Webex interview the week after. The interview was much more difficult than the exploratory phone call and I heard back about my rejection 2 weeks later. Honestly not sure why I wasn't selected as I wasn't given a particular reason.

Interview Questions
  • Calculate the dollar amount in profit for a vertical option strategy. Tell me about a time when someone ran into a complex situation and you had to simply it for them. Tell me about a time when you worked with a team and you were successful. What does success look like to you?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Chicago, IL) in Jan 2022

Interview

First Interview was a phone call, next was a webcam interview with the managers. Went smoothly and connected with them right away. Great experience and would recommend others to try it out.

Interview Questions
  • How did you find out about the offer?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 444 Interviews

TD Ameritrade Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at TD Ameritrade as 72.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.72 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Financial Services Representative and Investment Consultant rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Financial Representative and Relationship Manager roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at TD Ameritrade takes an average of 22 days when considering 482 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Financial Services Representative had the quickest hiring process (on average 18 days), whereas Investment Consultant roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 24 days).

Common stages of the interview process at TD Ameritrade according to 482 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 26.62%