TD Ameritrade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TD Ameritrade Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2017

2.8

Investor Services Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview

The recruiter will review your resume to see if you're a good fit for the company, then you'll have a phone interview with HR and a face-to-face interview with associate(s). I had my face-to-face interview with two managers. Do your research about the company.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I was scheduled for a phone interview with the recruiter and then I was given an assessment test and later was called for a face-to-face interview at the office. The initial round was easy and the recruiter was very much impressed with my resume and experience in the same field. However, I got a rejection stating they found someone better.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, asking about the roles and responsibilities in the previous job and Why should we hire you   Answer Question

Software Developer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in May 2017.

Interview

Got a call from HR for an immediate job opening. I told them I was interested but would need 10% minimum to move (I make 66). I had a long phone interview, was told that a base salary of 70 would be a 10% bump because they had a good bonus program. Went in for a formal interview, which went not excellent but decent. Got a call from HR later which a verbal offer for 73 was made. I said I would accept it. The written offer was a complete lowball and 180 from the phone conversation, they gave me an offer for 68 (this is all over email). I wrote back saying no, I asked for 10% from the very beginning, and that they offered me more on the phone. I said that I'd be willing to meet in the middle from the difference between their verbal and formal offers (I said 71). They said they would check with their finance team (Then why would she offer me 73 on the phone!?). Response comes back from my hiring manager 2 days later (I haven't head from her since the interview, only communicated with HR). She tells me the offer has been rescinded. I tell her I'm still interested because of the job responsibilities and I'm sure there's a middle ground we can get to (this is all over email). She says no, not even the 68 offer is available. I tried reaching out and calling but got no response.

TL;DR: They basically lied to me just to try to get me in, then lure me with the responsibilities. I told them 10% from the beginning, they offered me +2k. Complete waste of time. Don't want anything to do with a company that cons applicants like that and tries to reduce verbal offers by 5k once they go into writing.

Interview Questions

• To describe basic Angular and Spring principles and features.   1 Answer

Financial Consultant Development Academy-FCDA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Rockville, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

I have applied through their website and the interview process was very informative as I moved forward. This is one of the best company to work for everyone I spoke to was seem to really love the company and very helpful. My advise is to be yourself and learn the core value of TD Ameritrade and see where you fit in. There were no technical questions most of them were behavioral questions and they asks a lot of questions about your past experiences. If you are passionate about talking to and helping people then this is a good opportunity for you. You can really grow in this company and develop personally and professionally.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to persuade someone to agree with you or someone's opinion has changed after you showed them differently. when you went above and beyond with a customer?   1 Answer

Financial Services Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by email to set up a time for a phone interview with a TD Ameritrade recruiter. However, the recruiter didn't call at the scheduled time. I left her a voicemail and later sent an email expressing my regret that we were unable to connect. I assume the position was filled because I never heard back. Disappointing, but I will apply again and hope for a different experience next time.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed up assessment and an in-person interview. The phone interview was a basic interview. Asked me if i traded before, experiences on my resume, and a few STAR questions. The assessment was then followed online and was 45 minutes long testing some of your basic skills. Then I had an in person interview scheduled a week after the phone interview. It was only 6 behavior questions, no questions about my resume. The behavioral questions were difficult and multiple parts. There is a background and credit check but no drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you exceeded a customer's expectations. Name a time your leadership ability benefited the whole team. How do you measure success? How do you mean goals? Name a time you worked in a group with people with different work ethics, how did you move the group towards the goal, what role did you play? Name a time you had to deal with an upset/mad customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, took online test/assessment for them, got an email back arranging a phone interview. After the phone interview, set up 1 on 1 interview date. Got an offer the day after the 1 on 1 interview took place.

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Columbia, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

I was recruited through Indeed. Three interviews total. First was a phone call to gauge interest. Second was a preliminary screening. Third was an in-person interview at a branch. Communication was incredible, always responsive and informative. Best interview process I've ever had (2 jobs, 4 internships). Use STAR/SAR format to answer questions about past experiences (required).

Emerging Talent Program- Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Very smooth process. All interviewers were very friendly. The super day can be a little hectic with back to back interviews, but overall, still doable. Interviews were all very behavioral, and mainly asked about past projects/internships in detail.

Interview Questions

• What is one question you wished I would have asked you?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade in March 2017.

Interview

I applied and within a few days received an email from an HR recruiter wanting to setup an in-person interview. During that interview I met with two people, a manager and someone closer to the level I would be working. I was told it might take several weeks for me to hear back, but I never heard anything after a few follow up attempts. While the two I talked with were very nice and respectful, I am highly unlikely to pursue TD again after they ignored my application after one interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave an operations role for something here? How can your experience in finance be helpful in data analysis?   Answer Question