TD Ameritrade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TD Ameritrade Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview

The process was pretty smooth and fast. I filled out and application and was called the next day for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was sent an assessment. Once I was notified that I passed the assessment, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. From there, I had to provide thorough employment history and go in for fingerprinting. There was no drug test. Once the fingerprinting results came back, I received an offer letter. Simple. During the interview, you will be asked situational questions, about ten of them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to make a difficult decision that went against company policy.   Answer Question

Emerging Leaders Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in November 2017.

Interview

Passed the Phone interview and then 5 forty-five minute interviews from the participating departments in the rotational program. Very long day. Began at 8 with breakfast, then 3 interviews, lunch, 2 more interviews, and then a tour ending at 4. Honestly, I didn't enjoy the interviews at all and neither did many of the people that I interviewed with. Altogether it was 4 hours of interviewing with different people.

Interview Questions

• Why TD, this program, programming knowledge, tons of behavioral questions, problem solving   Answer Question

Inbound Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview process was handled through a singular temporary work agency that submitted candidates for approval of HR. Once approved, candidates were interviewed on a tight time frame which results given immediately.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer
    • How will your current or recent past role benefit your position which you’re applying?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

Overall went well and was relatively easy. I interviewed first on the phone for 30mins and then in person at the office. There were 2 interviewers at a time and 2 rounds in the day so I met with a total of 4 people. Everyone was very nice and it was very relaxed and conversational.

Interview Questions

• What's one of your major weaknesses?
      Describe an experience working with a group.   Answer Question

Financial Services Interview

Interview

The interview process was simple and straightforward. Didn't have any problems during this portion. Also the questions weren't too difficult either, mainly behavioral questions about things you've done in the past, as far as prior experiences go.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Short interview process as far as I was concerned followed by some mild testing that was done. Enjoy the time spent there and did the walking tour made me feel a lot better about the job period ended up taking it.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in September 2017.

Interview

I initially scheduled a phone interview with a recruiter which was about 15-30 minutes, really relaxed and nice, they just went over your resume a little, explained the job/compensation/etc, asked a couple situational questions. Then they said I'd be receiving an assessment to try to take within 24 hours, I got it in my email and completed it that night, some math and English questions. Not super easy, but not too tricky. I then received an email to schedule my face to face interview. The face to face interview was really relaxed, the guy who interviewed me had us to a little walking tour first, while also asking if I had questions and telling me more. It's good to have some questions about the company in mind, he kept saying "That's a great question." as if he was surprised I had any. Pleasantly surprised though. Then we went back to an office and there were 5-6 situational behavior question. Make sure to use the STAR method. I hate these questions but having already done the walking tour it definitely lessened my nerves and made it easier and more personable. All in all I think I was there for 45 minutes, I was told I'd hear something in 24-48 business hours. That time passed and I was starting to feel like I hadn't gotten it. I interviewed on a Thursday afternoon, but then I got a call the following Tuesday afternoon, and was offered the job!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to step into a leadership role.   Answer Question

Banking Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Westlake, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

It was about a 30 minute in-person interview with two of the hiring managers. One of them were very polite and responsive, while the other appeared quite uninterested and disengaged. I sent an email to the recruiter and left them a voicemail to thank them for the opportunity, but it has been nearly 3 weeks and I have yet to hear back from anyone. My negative experience has led me to the decision that I would decline they offer even if they decide to hire me.

Interview Questions

• They asked that I walk them through my resume, but placed significant emphasis on my brief role as a transaction processing representative with Fidelity. They also asked behavioral questions. E.g., "Tell me about a time you made a mistake".   Answer Question

Retirement Plan Accounting Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Denver, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

The whole process took about 3 weeks overall. Had a phone interview with a recruiter who I spoke with about 20 minutes, then went in for an in-person interview which took about an hour. There were two people interviewing me for the in person interview. They went back and forth asking questions.

Guidance Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

First interview is via phone where the HR person describes the role and expectations 30 minutes. Second interview is more in depth and situational with the direct manager 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• How would you talk to a manager who missed revenue targets for 4 months...   1 Answer