TD Ameritrade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

83 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Emerging Leaders Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in November 2017.

Interview

Passed the Phone interview and then 5 forty-five minute interviews from the participating departments in the rotational program. Very long day. Began at 8 with breakfast, then 3 interviews, lunch, 2 more interviews, and then a tour ending at 4. Honestly, I didn't enjoy the interviews at all and neither did many of the people that I interviewed with. Altogether it was 4 hours of interviewing with different people.

Interview Questions

• Why TD, this program, programming knowledge, tons of behavioral questions, problem solving   Answer Question

Banking Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Westlake, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

It was about a 30 minute in-person interview with two of the hiring managers. One of them were very polite and responsive, while the other appeared quite uninterested and disengaged. I sent an email to the recruiter and left them a voicemail to thank them for the opportunity, but it has been nearly 3 weeks and I have yet to hear back from anyone. My negative experience has led me to the decision that I would decline they offer even if they decide to hire me.

Interview Questions

• They asked that I walk them through my resume, but placed significant emphasis on my brief role as a transaction processing representative with Fidelity. They also asked behavioral questions. E.g., "Tell me about a time you made a mistake".   Answer Question

Guidance Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

First interview is via phone where the HR person describes the role and expectations 30 minutes. Second interview is more in depth and situational with the direct manager 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• How would you talk to a manager who missed revenue targets for 4 months...   1 Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade in August 2017.

Interview

Hiring Manager would not stop talking about himself during my interview. I basically learned nothing about the job. He then started talking about his time in the Philippines as a sexpat which made me extremely uncomfortable. I didn't get the job so I basically wasted an hour of my time listening to an old guy brag...

Interview Questions

• Standard STAR questions. General questions about the job like "Would you be comfortable working in a call center?"   Answer Question

Senior Analyst, Enterprise Process Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in August 2017.

Interview

Whole process took probably 6 weeks. Applied and within about 2 weeks had initial interview scheduled. Phone interview that lasted ~30 minutes. About 1 week later was contacted about additional interviews. There were 3, 1 face-to-face on the Omaha campus, 2 via WebEx. The first WebEx guy was pretty rude and asked some borderline questions that appeared to be looking for ways to disqualify me for things like family and age (really, the year I graduated from HS is integral to this job?). The other 2 were fine. My only issue was that the WebEx had a hard stop at 30 minutes, so we got disconnected in the middle of a discussion.

Interview Questions

• What sort of statistical analyses did you need to do at your prior employer?   Answer Question
    • When did you graduate from HS, undergrad, and grad school?   Answer Question

FX Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

very basic behavior questions , some questions about your weakness , what is your interest in my companies , are you willing to travelling ?
        Describe the project or situation that best demonstrates your analytical abilities. What was your role?
        Tell me about a time when you had to analyze information and make a recommendation. What kind of thought process did you go through? Was the recommendation accepted? If not, why?
        Tell me about a situation where you had to solve a difficult problem. What did you do? What was the outcome? What do you wish you had done differently?
        What steps do you follow to study a problem before making a decision? Why?

Finance Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview: Recruiter called at scheduled time. Discussed the role of the position and requirements. Requirements were compiled of 3mo Mon. - Fri. training, which includes the requirement of getting your series 7 and 63 licensing. Position would require you to manage an assigned portfolio and due daily trading of stocks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we should hire you? Where did you hear about this position? Do you have any relatives working for the company? What are your goals with this job?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I was emailed to schedule a phone interview for the trainee position. It was scheduled for a week after the email was received, and I never received the phone call. I emailed the person telling them that they had not called me and he responded with "I was pulled in to a meeting, I will TRY and call tomorrow at the same time." This was the most unprofessional thing I have ever heard. He did not even email me to ask if I could re-schedule prior to his meeting. TD Ameritrade is a great company and I expected a better interview process. The following day he still did not call, and I received no email to re-schedule.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I was scheduled for a phone interview with the recruiter and then I was given an assessment test and later was called for a face-to-face interview at the office. The initial round was easy and the recruiter was very much impressed with my resume and experience in the same field. However, I got a rejection stating they found someone better.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, asking about the roles and responsibilities in the previous job and Why should we hire you   Answer Question

Investor Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I emailed in my resume, and was selected for a phone call with an HR representative. After speaking with the HR representative on the phone, I was invited to come into the office for an in person interview

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths?   Answer Question
    • What is an example of when you went above and beyond in order to best serve a customer/client of yours?   Answer Question