TD Ameritrade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.8

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE).

Interview

I applied through campus career website. I was contacted by the Hiring Manager via email after couple weeks to come in for an interview with both the Head of Internal Audit and a Senior Internal Auditor at the office. I did not undergo any phone screening or phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do want to work for TD Ameritrade? Tell us a bit about TD Ameritrade?   Answer Question

Specialist, Records Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within days an HR recruiter contacted me by email to set up a F2F interview with the hiring manager. I liked that communication was done by email so no playing phone tag. This was the first time in my job search I've had a company go straight to F2F with no phone screen first. My interview was conducted in a conference room off the lobby. I received a follow-up call from HR within the time frame that was communicated to me (about a week and a half) to advise me that they went with another candidate. Although I didn't get the position, this company's recruiting process is by far the best I've experienced in terms of follow through and being treated with appreciation (as you would treat a valued customer!) I would definitely apply there again.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions such as tell me about previous job experience, how did you handle a difficult situation, etc.   Answer Question

Banking Operations Representatives Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a week for a phone screen/interview and then I was asked to come in for an in person interview that week. Four people interviewed me but it wasn't too bad. Afterwards I was told they would contact me between 7-10 days but I didn't hear anything for a month.

Interview Questions

• Typical entry level interview questions. Not too job specific   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

Spoke with Remote Recruiter responsible for sourcing for this role. I was referred to the hiring manager and a member of his team for in person interviews. 2 weeks later I was informed that the job was not being considered for future consideration. Position was just reposted. Assume I'm not a viable option

Interview Questions

• What's your area of expertise in talent identification?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

The interview process was very simple. I first applied online then had a phone interview. After that, I received a email a week later to have an in person interview. At the interview, I had two interviews back to back with two hiring managers in each room. The first was a personality interview, and the second was a technical interview. Overall simple questions and good experience.

Interview Questions

• Given a vector of elements, find the standard deviation, the mode, and the median.   Answer Question

Apr 29, 2016 – Representative,TAS

Thanks for the feedback. We're very happy to hear that you had an overall positive experience interviewing with TD Ameritrade.

Senior IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

Interview process was fine. Asked a lot of oddball technical questions (like what are the different TouchID modes). First contact was with a recruiter from another state. Got scheduled for an in-person interview with 2 developers and a manager. They told me it was a one and done interview during my interview. A week later, they called and asked to set up another in-person interview. This time it was with a remote iOS team + the same 3 people from the first interview. They asked very similar questions as the first interview. They critiqued a lot of my open source contributions and asked what I thought about error handling (hmm... okay). After the remote iOS team hung up, I was asked to solve a few algorithms on the whiteboard. The interviewers seemed eager to have me on the team and even asked how much notice I'd have to give my current employer. Nearly two weeks went by and the recruiter still assured me they were still interested in me, they were just trying to come up with the numbers. They used an excuse that the manager was on vacation overseas with limited communication, causing the slowness. That was the last time I heard from them. Throughout the entire process, the recruiter was constantly asking me if I was still interested, which was the first red flag. I definitely felt strung along, which is why I haven't contacted them since. I've since checked in with some people I know who work there, and apparently a lot of people are quitting because of upper management problems.

Interview Questions

• When would you use atomic vs nonatomic on a property?   1 Answer
    • Create an algorithm to convert a long string of words with no spaces (i.e. "hellomynameis") into a sentence of valid words, paying attention to grammar rules. They kept adding more and more details, which complicated the problem and the interview finished with "yeah, we weren't really expecting a solution". It was more about the thought process.   Answer Question

Jun 22, 2016 – Executive Assistant

Thank you for sharing your experience. We pride ourselves on integrity, so I am sure if the recruiter indicated the delay was caused by manager traveling, it was most likely true. As with any ... More

Retail Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview

Nothing intense, initial round with an HR rep who asked about my resume in detail, asked how I found out about the position, etc. etc. Then had a call with a hiring manager that went about the same with the addition of a case study question to understand my thought process.

Only hitch was that the hiring manager then told me the next step in the process and said that I would have a follow-up shortly. Didn't hear back for weeks so I continued my job search and forgot all about this position. Get an e-mail probably four weeks after, saying that they decided to pursue someone with different qualifications. A little discouraged with the length of their response, however I understand we are all busy people.

Interview Questions

TD Ameritrade Response

May 6, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Representative

I apologize for the delay in communication and information. Thank you for the feedback as we strive to continuously improve our interview and hiring process.

Rotational Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Interviewed with 6 different people on what they call Super Interview Day. It is an all day event from 7:45am-4pm with interviews and discussions. Care a lot about the culture and really want to make sure that new hires are a good fit personality wise.

Interview Questions

TD Ameritrade Response

May 27, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Representative

We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience with our interview process!

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I filled out my application online, a recruiter emails me and scheduled an over the phone interview, I had to take an assessment test, and today i have a phone interview with the branch manager. So far so good. Hope I get the job :-)

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Ann Arbor, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

I had one onsite interview. They asked a question that is nearly impossible for even the most intelligent to respond to in a short period of time. They don't try to convince you to work there. Like most other companies would. I could tell that they could obviously benefit from my background and tried to point that out. It did not make a difference to them. I'm guessing think or swim managers feel like they need to come up with all the great ideas.

Interview Questions

• What is a semaphore? What is round robin load balancing?   Answer Question