TD Ameritrade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

230 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Service Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I had a brief interview over the phone for 30 mins. Convo went well. The recruiter was very friendly. I did not feel uncomfortable answering any questions they had. I'm waiting on response now.

Interview Questions

• How you find out about this position   1 Answer

FX Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

very basic behavior questions , some questions about your weakness , what is your interest in my companies , are you willing to travelling ?
        Describe the project or situation that best demonstrates your analytical abilities. What was your role?
        Tell me about a time when you had to analyze information and make a recommendation. What kind of thought process did you go through? Was the recommendation accepted? If not, why?
        Tell me about a situation where you had to solve a difficult problem. What did you do? What was the outcome? What do you wish you had done differently?
        What steps do you follow to study a problem before making a decision? Why?

Finance Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview: Recruiter called at scheduled time. Discussed the role of the position and requirements. Requirements were compiled of 3mo Mon. - Fri. training, which includes the requirement of getting your series 7 and 63 licensing. Position would require you to manage an assigned portfolio and due daily trading of stocks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we should hire you? Where did you hear about this position? Do you have any relatives working for the company? What are your goals with this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in July 2017.

Interview

-30 minute phone interview by one of the recruiters in the HR department
    -45 minute assessment testing basic math and reasoning skills
    -30 minute interview with a hiring manager

Most questions were STAR type of behavioral questions. Very easy going and nice people conducting interviews! Just be yourself and personable when you are answering their questions and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you exceeded a customer's expectations   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to work with people with different workin styles and what role you played within that team   Answer Question
    • When was a time you displayed leadership voluntarily?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience with the stock market?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I was emailed to schedule a phone interview for the trainee position. It was scheduled for a week after the email was received, and I never received the phone call. I emailed the person telling them that they had not called me and he responded with "I was pulled in to a meeting, I will TRY and call tomorrow at the same time." This was the most unprofessional thing I have ever heard. He did not even email me to ask if I could re-schedule prior to his meeting. TD Ameritrade is a great company and I expected a better interview process. The following day he still did not call, and I received no email to re-schedule.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in July 2017.

Interview

After applying online I got an email a few days later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 mins and was a brief overview of the posistion followed by some basic behavioral questions. The interviewer was very nice and it was basically a conversation getting to know me. After the phone interview I was emailed a link to take an online test that's timed for 45mins. It's a basic knowledge test. After passing that I was sent in for a face to face interview. That interview consisted of about 6 questions and they are all behavioral/situational and they go by the STAR system so it's important to understand that. But again the interview was very easy going again. About 4 days later I was called back with a job offer and set up to get my background check and fingerprinting done for the posistion.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Investor Services Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview

The recruiter will review your resume to see if you're a good fit for the company, then you'll have a phone interview with HR and a face-to-face interview with associate(s). I had my face-to-face interview with two managers. Do your research about the company.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I was scheduled for a phone interview with the recruiter and then I was given an assessment test and later was called for a face-to-face interview at the office. The initial round was easy and the recruiter was very much impressed with my resume and experience in the same field. However, I got a rejection stating they found someone better.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, asking about the roles and responsibilities in the previous job and Why should we hire you   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone. After I passed that I took on online. Then another phone interview and offer the next day. Great follow up by recruiting team. Answered questions, etc.

Interview Questions

• Very much the STAR format. Experience was positive. Would recommend.   Answer Question
    • How I dealt with a difficult situation at current job.   Answer Question

Investor Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I emailed in my resume, and was selected for a phone call with an HR representative. After speaking with the HR representative on the phone, I was invited to come into the office for an in person interview

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths?   Answer Question
    • What is an example of when you went above and beyond in order to best serve a customer/client of yours?   Answer Question