TD Ameritrade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TD Ameritrade Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2017

2.8

Financial Services Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by email to set up a time for a phone interview with a TD Ameritrade recruiter. However, the recruiter didn't call at the scheduled time. I left her a voicemail and later sent an email expressing my regret that we were unable to connect. I assume the position was filled because I never heard back. Disappointing, but I will apply again and hope for a different experience next time.

Account Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Star Interview process, You must tell a story with the Situation, your Task, your Action, and the Result of your actions. I have worked there three different times under contract.
    Each Interview had a STAR Question, in which all were different. They must start with a Situation and end with a good out come. This was over a Two and a half year period.

Interview Questions

• One of the three over the three different jobs I had there over two and a half years was: How did I handle a customer that did not agree with the usual proposal. I offered them a different proposal
      that not only worked out better for the customer, but for the company as well. all with Management approval.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I Had three different jobs there, it all depended on which position I was in at the time.

TD Ameritrade Response

Jun 21, 2016 – Executive Assistant

Thank you for sharing your experience, and we love that you keep coming back.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Ann Arbor, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

I had one onsite interview. They asked a question that is nearly impossible for even the most intelligent to respond to in a short period of time. They don't try to convince you to work there. Like most other companies would. I could tell that they could obviously benefit from my background and tried to point that out. It did not make a difference to them. I'm guessing think or swim managers feel like they need to come up with all the great ideas.

Interview Questions

• What is a semaphore? What is round robin load balancing?   Answer Question

Senior EPM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in May 2015.

Interview

5 rounds of interviews - team interview, HR interview, director interview, manager interview
    Several rounds over a couple weeks
    The interview process was very intense and stressful. However, it also provided a great insight to team dynamics and culture.

Interview Questions

• What is your career aspiration path?
      Why do you want this role?
      What makes you most qualified?   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

long interview and asked the same question over and over again. The managers didn't know what to ask. It is very annyoing. Looks like they were killing times.long interview and it gets tiring at the end.i didn't like it.

Interview Questions

• long interview and it gets tiring at the end.i didn't like it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

very cheap on negotiation

New Client Development Group Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in August 2017.

Interview

4 total touches before offered a position. 1 with a recruiter, 1 phone with multiple managers, 1 in person with same managers, them mock job training. All employees were great and supportive.1

Interview Questions

• Are you driven internally or externally and why?   1 Answer

Software Developer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in May 2017.

Interview

Got a call from HR for an immediate job opening. I told them I was interested but would need 10% minimum to move (I make 66). I had a long phone interview, was told that a base salary of 70 would be a 10% bump because they had a good bonus program. Went in for a formal interview, which went not excellent but decent. Got a call from HR later which a verbal offer for 73 was made. I said I would accept it. The written offer was a complete lowball and 180 from the phone conversation, they gave me an offer for 68 (this is all over email). I wrote back saying no, I asked for 10% from the very beginning, and that they offered me more on the phone. I said that I'd be willing to meet in the middle from the difference between their verbal and formal offers (I said 71). They said they would check with their finance team (Then why would she offer me 73 on the phone!?). Response comes back from my hiring manager 2 days later (I haven't head from her since the interview, only communicated with HR). She tells me the offer has been rescinded. I tell her I'm still interested because of the job responsibilities and I'm sure there's a middle ground we can get to (this is all over email). She says no, not even the 68 offer is available. I tried reaching out and calling but got no response.

TL;DR: They basically lied to me just to try to get me in, then lure me with the responsibilities. I told them 10% from the beginning, they offered me +2k. Complete waste of time. Don't want anything to do with a company that cons applicants like that and tries to reduce verbal offers by 5k once they go into writing.

Interview Questions

• To describe basic Angular and Spring principles and features.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person interview. Interviewed by two people using the STAR method. Asked about five situational questions. Come prepared with different scenarios on where you went above and beyond to meet client's request

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were a leader   1 Answer

Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with the Manager in question, a 1:1 interview scheduled a week after with other Managers and the Director. A week after that, the recruiter contacted me for a skills test to perform in a scheduled time. A week and some days after I got a call from the recruiter to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• The Director asked me what I would do in a specific scenario regarding a compensation situation.   Answer Question

Job Applicant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Several steps, meeting my direct manager initially getting a job description and being asked questions on how I would fit in and perform these responsibilities. Second interview was meeting other staff members would both of us interviewing each other to see if there would be a culture and job responsibility match. Process was thorough and I thought performed professionally.

Interview Questions

• How would you add to our culture?   1 Answer