TD Ameritrade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.8

Account Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Star Interview process, You must tell a story with the Situation, your Task, your Action, and the Result of your actions. I have worked there three different times under contract.
    Each Interview had a STAR Question, in which all were different. They must start with a Situation and end with a good out come. This was over a Two and a half year period.

Interview Questions

• One of the three over the three different jobs I had there over two and a half years was: How did I handle a customer that did not agree with the usual proposal. I offered them a different proposal
      that not only worked out better for the customer, but for the company as well. all with Management approval.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

I Had three different jobs there, it all depended on which position I was in at the time.

Jun 21, 2016 – Executive Assistant

Thank you for sharing your experience, and we love that you keep coming back.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Ann Arbor, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

I had one onsite interview. They asked a question that is nearly impossible for even the most intelligent to respond to in a short period of time. They don't try to convince you to work there. Like most other companies would. I could tell that they could obviously benefit from my background and tried to point that out. It did not make a difference to them. I'm guessing think or swim managers feel like they need to come up with all the great ideas.

Interview Questions

• What is a semaphore? What is round robin load balancing?   Answer Question

Senior EPM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in May 2015.

Interview

5 rounds of interviews - team interview, HR interview, director interview, manager interview
    Several rounds over a couple weeks
    The interview process was very intense and stressful. However, it also provided a great insight to team dynamics and culture.

Interview Questions

• What is your career aspiration path?
      Why do you want this role?
      What makes you most qualified?
      Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

long interview and asked the same question over and over again. The managers didn't know what to ask. It is very annyoing. Looks like they were killing times.long interview and it gets tiring at the end.i didn't like it.

Interview Questions

• long interview and it gets tiring at the end.i didn't like it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

very cheap on negotiation

Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with the Manager in question, a 1:1 interview scheduled a week after with other Managers and the Director. A week after that, the recruiter contacted me for a skills test to perform in a scheduled time. A week and some days after I got a call from the recruiter to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• The Director asked me what I would do in a specific scenario regarding a compensation situation.   Answer Question

Job Applicant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Several steps, meeting my direct manager initially getting a job description and being asked questions on how I would fit in and perform these responsibilities. Second interview was meeting other staff members would both of us interviewing each other to see if there would be a culture and job responsibility match. Process was thorough and I thought performed professionally.

Interview Questions

• How would you add to our culture?   1 Answer

Investor Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in December 2014.

Interview

During the interview process, there was three interviewers and me. It was at first extremely intimidating; however, I thoroughly enjoyed how quickly they made me feel welcome. That was the first interview I had ever laughed in consistently throughout the process. The interviewers seemed to love their jobs and it showed in their faces. They each had a love and joy for the company and never seemed upset upon coming to work.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember the specific questions they asked me, but they made sure I had an example to back up every answer. They are looking for the STAR (situation, task, action, result) method when interviewees answer questions.   Answer Question

Aug 17, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Representative

Thank you for the feedback! That is excellent that you enjoyed the interview process and the managers made you feel at ease. We hope that you are loving your job and the company just as much!

Senior Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Mainly walkthrough the resume and lot of programming questions and all the questions are from job description whether you know the concept or not.

Testing fundamentals about reports and dashboards

Interview Questions

• What is MSQueue?
      What is load balancing?
      How to create dashboards and reports?
      1 Answer

Jun 22, 2016 – Executive Assistant

Congratulations! Welcome to TD Ameritrade. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are always looking for ways to improve and appreciate all feedback.

Investment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in September 2012.

Interview

I was an out-of-state hire so I had two telephones interviews with 2-3 managers on each call and about 4 managers at the final on-site meeting. You need to know what motivates you and how you persuade clients.

Trainee Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied in 12/2015, received email 2/8/16 phone interview. Phone interview was roughly 45 min, pretty much tells you if you advanced to taking assessment. After I did assessmentsome same day I had phone interview,about 3 days later received email for face interview went great interview by 2 managers, next day received call with offer...so excited!

Interview Questions

• Use star format...tell me of a time you show leadership?   Answer Question

Jun 21, 2016 – Executive Assistant

Congratulations and welcome to TD Ameritrade. It sounds like there was a little bit of lag time between the time you applied and the time of your first interview. Every job we hire for is a little ... More