TD Ameritrade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TD Ameritrade Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2017

2.8

Investment Consultant Interview

Interview

Standard personality questions.
    Initial phone interview with HR followed by phone and in person interviews with Branch Manager

Branch Manager Interview

Interview

Interview occured with a Ristrict Manager as well as a Divisional Vice President. Each interview was very structured (they were working from a list of questions), but was conversational in approach. Interview were done over multiple days, each person asked a different set of questions based upon how the positon affected either thier Region or Division.

Interview Questions

• Best Question: What do I think will be the most important variable to ensure branch success.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (New Haven, CT).

Interview

Met with branch manager, then regional manger. Needed to sell myself just like any other interview. Provided them with a rundown of resume and reasons for leaving current position and why I was interested in the role at TD.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to do this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

straight up base, no negotiation on base and bonus structure. 55k was highest base at the time and bonus changed every year from national

Intern Interview

Interview

Very basic, asking about resume and experience. Interview was more of a dialogue. First I spoke with the general recruiter, who then scheduled follow up interviews with different managers to see who was the best fit. Everyone was very nice during the process.

Interview Questions

• Asking about strengths and weaknesses, latest technology softwares   Answer Question

Investor Services Interview

Interview

Very straight forward interview questions , very nice and easy going people. You don't need to go in prepared just go in and tell them the truth about you and your resume and be confident about it! The most difficult question was what I knew about their company so be prepared for that.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

All phone interviews, all behavioral. I got it through my college's career website and they had me interview for many different departments. It was pretty laid back, needed to know resume inside out and be able to walk through it. Got the offer within a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didnt negotiate

Financial Advosor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2010.

Interview

Typical 1990's style sales interview. Was asked to sell him his pen. I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

Interview Questions

• Sell me my pen.   2 Answers
    • How do you feel about making phone calls all day.   1 Answer

Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in January 2008.

Interview

I went in and filled out an application. I already had securities licenses, so it was very easy for me to get hired. The interviews seemed like a formality more than a question of whether they were going to hire me. At the time, the market was still booming and they were hiring anyone who looked smart enough to do the job and not bomb the interview.

Interview Questions

• describe a difficult situation and how you handled it...   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer seemed fair.

Investment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview

Hiring manager was not very interested in my background, just wanted to know if I could make lots of calls to existing TD clients everyday. Told me it was easy gig and I could leave at 2pm if I hit my goals. This turned out to be untrue. Also, had phone interviews with Regional Mgr., who talked most if the time and told me how easy it was to make $100k. Also, turned out to be untrue.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Senior Quantitative Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Chicago, IL).

Interview

1. Phone interview with HR, very impressive recruiting process, keeps you in touch etc. This phone screen lasted 45 minutes. No technical phone screening by the hiring manager.

2. Then the 1 hr. interview in person with 4 people, they were able to squeeze a lot of questions in that hour, so that was impressive.

3. The team was very well knit, exceptionally cordial, and I could see the team work environment. But the rigorous skills in the team were abysmal, I mean one of the worst I have ever seen (well, I have interviewed and worked with some Wall street type firms, so take that into consideration), and not a single decent question came up, and basically whatever questions they had, I answered every question, and if I have to I guess, I think I had more education than the 4 people combined who interviewed me had and I am not exaggerating, and also I have as much experience as the boss of the hiring manager, I could read between the lines and they felt a lack of common ground between me and them.

4. I knew I was not going to be the best fit, but I was still interested since this is a good company, and with a great vibe and a very positive work environment. I saw everyone there was very happy and enjoying their work, and while I was not too impressed with the interview content itself, they more than made up for it in their professionalism and how they conduct business and I give them a thumbs up even though no offer :)

I wish them well.