TD Ameritrade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.8

Financial Service Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I had a brief interview over the phone for 30 mins. Convo went well. The recruiter was very friendly. I did not feel uncomfortable answering any questions they had. I'm waiting on response now.

FX Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

very basic behavior questions , some questions about your weakness , what is your interest in my companies , are you willing to travelling ?
        Describe the project or situation that best demonstrates your analytical abilities. What was your role?
        Tell me about a time when you had to analyze information and make a recommendation. What kind of thought process did you go through? Was the recommendation accepted? If not, why?
        Tell me about a situation where you had to solve a difficult problem. What did you do? What was the outcome? What do you wish you had done differently?
        What steps do you follow to study a problem before making a decision? Why?

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone. After I passed that I took on online. Then another phone interview and offer the next day. Great follow up by recruiting team. Answered questions, etc.

Interview Questions

• Very much the STAR format. Experience was positive. Would recommend.   Answer Question
    • How I dealt with a difficult situation at current job.   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I was scheduled for a phone interview with the recruiter and then I was given an assessment test and later was called for a face-to-face interview at the office. The initial round was easy and the recruiter was very much impressed with my resume and experience in the same field. However, I got a rejection stating they found someone better.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, asking about the roles and responsibilities in the previous job and Why should we hire you   Answer Question

Investor Services Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview

The recruiter will review your resume to see if you're a good fit for the company, then you'll have a phone interview with HR and a face-to-face interview with associate(s). I had my face-to-face interview with two managers. Do your research about the company.

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Columbia, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

I was recruited through Indeed. Three interviews total. First was a phone call to gauge interest. Second was a preliminary screening. Third was an in-person interview at a branch. Communication was incredible, always responsive and informative. Best interview process I've ever had (2 jobs, 4 internships). Use STAR/SAR format to answer questions about past experiences (required).

Broker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade in March 2015.

Interview

I had an interview with two managers. One of them was writing all my answers and they asked the regular interview questions as other jobs. My background helped a lot.

Software Developer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in May 2017.

Interview

Got a call from HR for an immediate job opening. I told them I was interested but would need 10% minimum to move (I make 66). I had a long phone interview, was told that a base salary of 70 would be a 10% bump because they had a good bonus program. Went in for a formal interview, which went not excellent but decent. Got a call from HR later which a verbal offer for 73 was made. I said I would accept it. The written offer was a complete lowball and 180 from the phone conversation, they gave me an offer for 68 (this is all over email). I wrote back saying no, I asked for 10% from the very beginning, and that they offered me more on the phone. I said that I'd be willing to meet in the middle from the difference between their verbal and formal offers (I said 71). They said they would check with their finance team (Then why would she offer me 73 on the phone!?). Response comes back from my hiring manager 2 days later (I haven't head from her since the interview, only communicated with HR). She tells me the offer has been rescinded. I tell her I'm still interested because of the job responsibilities and I'm sure there's a middle ground we can get to (this is all over email). She says no, not even the 68 offer is available. I tried reaching out and calling but got no response.

TL;DR: They basically lied to me just to try to get me in, then lure me with the responsibilities. I told them 10% from the beginning, they offered me +2k. Complete waste of time. Don't want anything to do with a company that cons applicants like that and tries to reduce verbal offers by 5k once they go into writing.

Interview Questions

• To describe basic Angular and Spring principles and features.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, took online test/assessment for them, got an email back arranging a phone interview. After the phone interview, set up 1 on 1 interview date. Got an offer the day after the 1 on 1 interview took place.

Financial Services Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by email to set up a time for a phone interview with a TD Ameritrade recruiter. However, the recruiter didn't call at the scheduled time. I left her a voicemail and later sent an email expressing my regret that we were unable to connect. I assume the position was filled because I never heard back. Disappointing, but I will apply again and hope for a different experience next time.