TD Ameritrade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 23, 2017

2.8

Banking Operations Representatives Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a week for a phone screen/interview and then I was asked to come in for an in person interview that week. Four people interviewed me but it wasn't too bad. Afterwards I was told they would contact me between 7-10 days but I didn't hear anything for a month.

Interview Questions

• Typical entry level interview questions. Not too job specific   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade in November 2016.

Interview

There was a brief run down on the office space, breaks, team goals, and job specifications. Then there was an extensive conversation (which was very inspiring) about what characteristics will make someone very successful starting out and how to advance to where you would like to be within the company. There was great talk about company culture, beliefs, and standards.

Interview Questions

• What was an instance in which you went above and beyond for an employer?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Pretty basic and friendly, uses STAR method. Asked specifically about my background and what dates I'd be interested in starting. Had to take a few Personality tests, submit to a background check. Stressed core company values.

Negotiation

Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with the Manager in question, a 1:1 interview scheduled a week after with other Managers and the Director. A week after that, the recruiter contacted me for a skills test to perform in a scheduled time. A week and some days after I got a call from the recruiter to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• The Director asked me what I would do in a specific scenario regarding a compensation situation.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE).

Interview

After submitting the application, I got an e-mail next day to set up the phone interview. The phone interview was very nice, pretty much talked about your previous job and why TD Ameritrade. Once you passed the phone interview then they set you up with F2F interview. F2F interview is based on STAR which it is all related with your previous experiences. Overall it was very pleasant experiences and people are super friendly!

Securities Lending Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in October 2016.

Interview

They were trying to hire quickly so they had 3 rounds within a few days of each other. I spoke first to an HR rep over the phone. Second, I met in person with the 2 managers of the department. Last I spoke briefly over the phone with the Senior Manager. The whole process only took a little more than a week so that was nice in that perspective.

Financial Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in September 2016.

Interview

Started with an email to set up a phone interview, after the phone interview, and two personality and reasoning assessments, an in-person interview was prompted. The in-person interview was done by two managers, asking STAR questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you exceeded the expectations of a client.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview

Phone interview with standard questions, lots of questions about sales experience and work ethic. The IC role required a lot of energy and sales experience. They will ask a ton of questions about your sales acumen. They will not be focused on your market or industry experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for AMTD? How did you find the job? Where do you see yourself in 3, 5 and 10 years?   1 Answer

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

Spoke with Remote Recruiter responsible for sourcing for this role. I was referred to the hiring manager and a member of his team for in person interviews. 2 weeks later I was informed that the job was not being considered for future consideration. Position was just reposted. Assume I'm not a viable option

Interview Questions

• What's your area of expertise in talent identification?   1 Answer

Manager, Lean Six Sigma Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I had the worst experience interviewing with TD Ameritrade. The team I interviewed was spread out all over the nation. The interview was via video conference. The interviewers were asking all sorts of questions, some that I thought were borderline confidential and shouldn't be asked. I thought some of the interviewers got into their roles by mistake as they sounded juvenile. I will never interview with them again, ever.

Interview Questions

• What is the full form of DMAIC?   1 Answer