TD Ameritrade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 29, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person interview. Interviewed by two people using the STAR method. Asked about five situational questions. Come prepared with different scenarios on where you went above and beyond to meet client's request

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were a leader   1 Answer

Investment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview

Telephone interview with a recruiter. Overall a routine screening with various questions. Recruiter was late in calling but there no mention of it. Again as a candidate, this is a reflection of company culture about how you treat other people and their time management. She kept typing my answers and was not really paying attention to them. Again, a professional recruiter would walk you through the process and let you know in advance of what they will be doing.

Interview Questions

Salary provided did not match the job description and responsibilities.

Jun 21, 2016 – Executive Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your interview experience and I apologize for our recruiter not walking you through the process. TD Ameritrade's process typically consists of first ... More

Rotational Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Interviewed with 6 different people on what they call Super Interview Day. It is an all day event from 7:45am-4pm with interviews and discussions. Care a lot about the culture and really want to make sure that new hires are a good fit personality wise.

Interview Questions

TD Ameritrade Response

May 27, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Representative

We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience with our interview process!

Trainee Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied in 12/2015, received email 2/8/16 phone interview. Phone interview was roughly 45 min, pretty much tells you if you advanced to taking assessment. After I did assessmentsome same day I had phone interview,about 3 days later received email for face interview went great interview by 2 managers, next day received call with offer...so excited!

Interview Questions

• Use star format...tell me of a time you show leadership?   Answer Question

Jun 21, 2016 – Executive Assistant

Congratulations and welcome to TD Ameritrade. It sounds like there was a little bit of lag time between the time you applied and the time of your first interview. Every job we hire for is a little ... More

Investment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade in February 2016.

Interview

First was a phone screen with the recruiter. I then had phone interview with the Branch Manager. I met the same manager in person and also met some of the team. I then did the roleplay over the phone and finally chatted with a regional. Eventually, I received an offer and after a few days of negotiation accepted it.

Investment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview

Interview process took almost a month or so and was very fluid from start to finish. Applied via application on TD's Career page:

1) Phone interview with Recruiter
    2) In person interview with Branch Manager
    3) In person interview with Branch Manager and Regional Manager (incl. role play)

Accepted offer.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a time where you utilized consultative selling to close the business   Answer Question

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I filled out my application online, a recruiter emails me and scheduled an over the phone interview, I had to take an assessment test, and today i have a phone interview with the branch manager. So far so good. Hope I get the job :-)

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Ann Arbor, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

I had one onsite interview. They asked a question that is nearly impossible for even the most intelligent to respond to in a short period of time. They don't try to convince you to work there. Like most other companies would. I could tell that they could obviously benefit from my background and tried to point that out. It did not make a difference to them. I'm guessing think or swim managers feel like they need to come up with all the great ideas.

Interview Questions

• What is a semaphore? What is round robin load balancing?   Answer Question

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in November 2015.

Interview

Star interview where you get 5 questions in which you have to come up with a situation and state how you resolved the issue. Usually there tsunami both a manager and assistant manager conducting the interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

They gave me a phone call first. About 30 minutes of behavioral interview questions. It was pretty informal and was more like a conversation about your experiences and work in teams rather than an actual phone interview. A few days after the phone call, they sent an email asking to fly you into their NJ offices to give you an onsite interview. Interviewed with 4 different managers from different rotations throughout the day and got a call-back a week later with offer/no offer.

Interview Questions

• Asked some financial modeling questions - dcf, dr, irr, wacc.
      Then there were some more behavioral questions- how did you deal with conflict on a team? etc
      Some brain teaser questions too.
      Answer Question