TD Ameritrade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017

2.7

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fullerton, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Met the senior manager/ recruiter at my school's career fair and the same senior manager/ recruiter did a phone screen with me before the interview proper. Lived a ways away from the office in San Diego so my interview was over the phone. The interview was with two managers simultaneously.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you handled a difficult customer or situation at work.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had difficulties with a teammate or a group mate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed up assessment and an in-person interview. The phone interview was a basic interview. Asked me if i traded before, experiences on my resume, and a few STAR questions. The assessment was then followed online and was 45 minutes long testing some of your basic skills. Then I had an in person interview scheduled a week after the phone interview. It was only 6 behavior questions, no questions about my resume. The behavioral questions were difficult and multiple parts. There is a background and credit check but no drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you exceeded a customer's expectations. Name a time your leadership ability benefited the whole team. How do you measure success? How do you mean goals? Name a time you worked in a group with people with different work ethics, how did you move the group towards the goal, what role did you play? Name a time you had to deal with an upset/mad customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, took online test/assessment for them, got an email back arranging a phone interview. After the phone interview, set up 1 on 1 interview date. Got an offer the day after the 1 on 1 interview took place.

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Columbia, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

I was recruited through Indeed. Three interviews total. First was a phone call to gauge interest. Second was a preliminary screening. Third was an in-person interview at a branch. Communication was incredible, always responsive and informative. Best interview process I've ever had (2 jobs, 4 internships). Use STAR/SAR format to answer questions about past experiences (required).

Emerging Talent Program- Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Very smooth process. All interviewers were very friendly. The super day can be a little hectic with back to back interviews, but overall, still doable. Interviews were all very behavioral, and mainly asked about past projects/internships in detail.

Interview Questions

• What is one question you wished I would have asked you?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade in March 2017.

Interview

I applied and within a few days received an email from an HR recruiter wanting to setup an in-person interview. During that interview I met with two people, a manager and someone closer to the level I would be working. I was told it might take several weeks for me to hear back, but I never heard anything after a few follow up attempts. While the two I talked with were very nice and respectful, I am highly unlikely to pursue TD again after they ignored my application after one interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave an operations role for something here? How can your experience in finance be helpful in data analysis?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

There were three main steps in the interview process. They are extremely accomodating with scheduling the interviews around your schedule. The steps in the process are as follows:
    1) Phone Interview - about thirty minutes
    2) Brief Assessment - about forty five minutes
    3) In-person Interview - about thirty minutes

Interview Questions

• What is your personal experience buying/selling on the stock market?   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE).

Interview

I applied through campus career website. I was contacted by the Hiring Manager via email after couple weeks to come in for an interview with both the Head of Internal Audit and a Senior Internal Auditor at the office. I did not undergo any phone screening or phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do want to work for TD Ameritrade? Tell us a bit about TD Ameritrade?   Answer Question

TD Ameritrade Response

Feb 28, 2017 – Executive Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to provide a comment. The interview process can be a little different depending on the position and department, but for the majority of jobs, a recruiter phone screen... More

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Newark, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with a recruiter then I was scheduled a technical interview then a face to face interview onsite, 3 rounds in total. It was laid back and the hiring managers are very nice.

Interview Questions

• There were 8 socks, 4 red, 4 green, how many times do you need to surely get a pair of socks?   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Interview

Phone interview with human resources- they were very professional and responsive and helped to coordinate in-person meetings with a few members of the team in the Jersey City office. Interviews were short and to the point, with a very friendly team

Interview Questions

• Handling multiple deadlines, previous relevant experience   Answer Question

TD Ameritrade Response

Feb 28, 2017 – Executive Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to comment.