TD Ameritrade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.8

Financial Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in September 2016.

Interview

Started with an email to set up a phone interview, after the phone interview, and two personality and reasoning assessments, an in-person interview was prompted. The in-person interview was done by two managers, asking STAR questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you exceeded the expectations of a client.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview

Phone interview with standard questions, lots of questions about sales experience and work ethic. The IC role required a lot of energy and sales experience. They will ask a ton of questions about your sales acumen. They will not be focused on your market or industry experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for AMTD? How did you find the job? Where do you see yourself in 3, 5 and 10 years?   1 Answer

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

Spoke with Remote Recruiter responsible for sourcing for this role. I was referred to the hiring manager and a member of his team for in person interviews. 2 weeks later I was informed that the job was not being considered for future consideration. Position was just reposted. Assume I'm not a viable option

Interview Questions

• What's your area of expertise in talent identification?   1 Answer

Manager, Lean Six Sigma Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I had the worst experience interviewing with TD Ameritrade. The team I interviewed was spread out all over the nation. The interview was via video conference. The interviewers were asking all sorts of questions, some that I thought were borderline confidential and shouldn't be asked. I thought some of the interviewers got into their roles by mistake as they sounded juvenile. I will never interview with them again, ever.

Interview Questions

• What is the full form of DMAIC?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade in July 2016.

Interview

The recruiter contacts you for the first interview and if you do well he or she will schedule you to take a quiz to assess if you are likely go pass the series 7 and 63 license exam, which are requirements yo obtain the job. Once you complete the assessment which is roughly about 45 min and depending on how well you did they will call you for a follow up interview which is usually with two or more managers. If you're applying for a foreign language position part of the interview will be in that language so I gives the manager an estimate of how well you can speak the language.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond for an employer   Answer Question

Interview

Applied online via school's career portal and was schedule for a phone interview about a few days later. Phone interview was standard resume walk followed by brief behavioral interview. Was offered position at conclusion of interview.

Interview Questions

TD Ameritrade Response

Jun 22, 2016 – Executive Assistant

Congratulations! Welcome to TD Ameritrade, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate any and all feedback, and we are always striving to improve.

Investment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview

Terrible. They dont really act like they care. They are just going through motiins. They yawn and make you feel like cattle. They are like robots. It drags on and on and on. They have a hard time making a decision. They should just man up and tell you things.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to be creative to overcome a difficult client   Answer Question

May 27, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Representative

I apologize that you had a poor interview experience. Thank you for your feedback as we strive to improve our process.

Senior Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Mainly walkthrough the resume and lot of programming questions and all the questions are from job description whether you know the concept or not.

Testing fundamentals about reports and dashboards

Interview Questions

• What is MSQueue?
      What is load balancing?
      How to create dashboards and reports?   1 Answer

Jun 22, 2016 – Executive Assistant

Congratulations! Welcome to TD Ameritrade. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are always looking for ways to improve and appreciate all feedback.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview

It was a not bad experience. I spoke to a recruiter at a career fair. Applied online and was called. Went onsite and had three interviews with three managers. Very comfortable. They did not ask anything technical. Mostly just went over my resume. They wanted to see who got into the culture.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not try.

Jun 10, 2016 – Representative,TAS

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that you had a good experience interviewing with us and that the managers made you feel comfortable during the process.

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Pretty straightforward albeit redundant. A total of 7 interviews for a position I believe might require 4, but the departments were always prompt with their calls. I had one reschedule request but it was fulfilled two days later so not a big deal. Nothing out of the ordinary, though be prepared to sell yourself.

Interview Questions

TD Ameritrade Response

Jul 25, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Representative

Thank you for your review and feedback so that we can strive to improve our candidate experience going forward!