TD Ameritrade Investment Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TD Ameritrade Investment Consultant Interview Questions

2.6

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Investment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview

Phone interview with standard questions, lots of questions about sales experience and work ethic. The IC role required a lot of energy and sales experience. They will ask a ton of questions about your sales acumen. They will not be focused on your market or industry experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for AMTD? How did you find the job? Where do you see yourself in 3, 5 and 10 years?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TD Ameritrade

Investment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview

Terrible. They dont really act like they care. They are just going through motiins. They yawn and make you feel like cattle. They are like robots. It drags on and on and on. They have a hard time making a decision. They should just man up and tell you things.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to be creative to overcome a difficult client   Answer Question

TD Ameritrade Response

May 27, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Representative

I apologize that you had a poor interview experience. Thank you for your feedback as we strive to improve our process.

Investment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview

Telephone interview with a recruiter. Overall a routine screening with various questions. Recruiter was late in calling but there no mention of it. Again as a candidate, this is a reflection of company culture about how you treat other people and their time management. She kept typing my answers and was not really paying attention to them. Again, a professional recruiter would walk you through the process and let you know in advance of what they will be doing.

Interview Questions

Salary provided did not match the job description and responsibilities.

TD Ameritrade Response

Jun 21, 2016 – Executive Assistant

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your interview experience and I apologize for our recruiter not walking you through the process. TD Ameritrade's process typically consists of first... More

Investment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade in February 2016.

Interview

First was a phone screen with the recruiter. I then had phone interview with the Branch Manager. I met the same manager in person and also met some of the team. I then did the roleplay over the phone and finally chatted with a regional. Eventually, I received an offer and after a few days of negotiation accepted it.

Investment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview

Interview process took almost a month or so and was very fluid from start to finish. Applied via application on TD's Career page:

1) Phone interview with Recruiter
    2) In person interview with Branch Manager
    3) In person interview with Branch Manager and Regional Manager (incl. role play)

Accepted offer.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a time where you utilized consultative selling to close the business   Answer Question

Investment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview

They use a STAR format so please be prepared in this regards otherwise you will not get hired. You can find this information by simply googling STAR for job interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you and a co-worker got into a disagreement. How did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE).

Interview

I applied online. Within a week I received a call from a recruiter. After that interview I met with the Branch Manager. I had to do a Sales Key assessment. Was interviewed by another Branch Manager over the phone later that week. Final interview was with the Regional Manager and Branch Manager for expectations of the role.

Interview Questions

• What is your sales process?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Radnor, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen followed by 3 interviews two in person with the branch manager and then the regional manager as well as 1 phone interview with a BM who ran through a role play.

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Campbell, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Apply, speak to rep before reaching manager, invited to in-branch session in Campbell, personality fit quiz and follow-up interview (more informal), then interview with 2 managers and a higher-up. Nothing technical in nature. Dedication to role is what sealed the offer. Offer extended then training for a couple of weeks before flying to Dallas for final week of training.

Interview Questions

• How passionate are you about selling   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Investment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade in December 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after posting my resume online somewhere and interviewed me over the phone. Our conversation went very well so she scheduled another phone interview with the hiring manager from a branch. That went well also so then the next step was a face to face interview at the branch. I went for the interview and when I got there, the regional manager was there as well. During the interview, they made it seem like this was a very high profile job when in fact its a sales job and you don't have a book of business. Your job is to gather assets! That's it! The goal was $11 million Net New Assets per quarter! There no trails, you can not give investment advise. You start at zero every quarter. They pay you a base of $55k and the quarterly bonuses are un-capped. I realized that this was not for me. I'd feel like a hamster running on a wheel so I decided not to continue our conversation before we got deeper in the process. Over all, my experience was great. They were very professional but this role was not for me. I believe I would been successful at receiving an offer but I would not have accepted. There is someone for every role. The regional manager even said during the interview, "if you are making $100k in this job, you are over paid" This role you should be making at least $200k." You can read between the lines there. I am done with this review.
    This is actually fun. Does anyone actually read this stuff? lol I hope this helps!

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current employer?
      What is your biggest challenge?   Answer Question