TD Ameritrade Investor Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TD Ameritrade Investor Services Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2017

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Investor Services Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade.

Interview

The recruiter will review your resume to see if you're a good fit for the company, then you'll have a phone interview with HR and a face-to-face interview with associate(s). I had my face-to-face interview with two managers. Do your research about the company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TD Ameritrade

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I emailed in my resume, and was selected for a phone call with an HR representative. After speaking with the HR representative on the phone, I was invited to come into the office for an in person interview

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths?   Answer Question
    • What is an example of when you went above and beyond in order to best serve a customer/client of yours?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

It is the basic interview process with a phone then in person review with the managers there. The questions where not hard. The in person review was over five questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked together with another person to accomplish a goal.   Answer Question

Investor Services Interview

Interview

Applied online through the company website. A month or so later I received an email to do a phone interview. Then a week after that I did an interview in person received an offer the following week. The hiring process is very easy and straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Know the 5 company values before they ask you about them.   Answer Question

Investor Services Interview

Interview

Very straight forward interview questions , very nice and easy going people. You don't need to go in prepared just go in and tell them the truth about you and your resume and be confident about it! The most difficult question was what I knew about their company so be prepared for that.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none

Investor Services Interview

Interview

Once I submitted my application, I received a phone call about five days later. The phone interview was basic information about myself, where I hear about the position, And why I wanted it. After about a week later I was contacted to do a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very generic and straightforward.Just make sure to do your research about the company and be ready to answer why you want to work at TD Ameritrade.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since this was an internship position, there was not much room for any negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Omaha, NE) in December 2014.

Interview

During the interview process, there was three interviewers and me. It was at first extremely intimidating; however, I thoroughly enjoyed how quickly they made me feel welcome. That was the first interview I had ever laughed in consistently throughout the process. The interviewers seemed to love their jobs and it showed in their faces. They each had a love and joy for the company and never seemed upset upon coming to work.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember the specific questions they asked me, but they made sure I had an example to back up every answer. They are looking for the STAR (situation, task, action, result) method when interviewees answer questions.   Answer Question

TD Ameritrade Response

Aug 17, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Representative

Thank you for the feedback! That is excellent that you enjoyed the interview process and the managers made you feel at ease. We hope that you are loving your job and the company just as much!

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Interview process consisted of two different interviews. The first being a phone interview with an HR rep which was pretty standard and more behaviorally based. The second was an interview with one of the team managers which was more intensive than the initial interview, yet still pretty standard. They preformed a background check from HireRight, which was honestly the most difficult aspect of the hiring process as the HireRight representatives that I dealt with were entirely incompetent. Background check was the longest portion of the process, taking over two weeks and including more effort than the interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• Questions were largely behavioral, so no question was truly "unexpected." They were curious to how you react in certain situations and what type of tasks you prefer. Felt like most of the process was personality based, seeing if you would be a good fit personality-wise within the department you are wanting to work in. Some roles have clearly defined personality sets that are expected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Initial Phone Screening call to see how you fit into the company culture, if you make it through that, then you have a face to face interview with your would be direct manager. They will ask you some SAT style questions and try to get to know you and explain the role

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a goal and what you did to reach it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Received a phone call from a recruiter for a brief phone interview that consisted of some basic questions relating to relevant experience. This is a customer service and sales position first so the questions leaned towards experience in customer service roles, previous sales experience, and pretty basic interview questions.
    The next step was a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. This was a little more detailed and delved further in to the previous customer service experience. Basic questions about how one would resolve issues with unsatisfied clients, experience in selling/suggesting products to clients, comfort levels with interacting with clients over the phone. The interview was fairly basic for this type of role.

Interview Questions

• Nothing stands out as being unexpected or especially difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. In this economic environment, when you're applying for an entry-level position with a company, salary negotiations are never a part of the equation. Either you take the offer on the table, or you move on.