TD Ameritrade Interview Questions in Jersey City, NJ | Glassdoor

TD Ameritrade Interview Questions in Jersey City, NJ

Updated Jan 11, 2017

Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with the Manager in question, a 1:1 interview scheduled a week after with other Managers and the Director. A week after that, the recruiter contacted me for a skills test to perform in a scheduled time. A week and some days after I got a call from the recruiter to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• The Director asked me what I would do in a specific scenario regarding a compensation situation.   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

Spoke with Remote Recruiter responsible for sourcing for this role. I was referred to the hiring manager and a member of his team for in person interviews. 2 weeks later I was informed that the job was not being considered for future consideration. Position was just reposted. Assume I'm not a viable option

Interview Questions

• What's your area of expertise in talent identification?   1 Answer

Software Development Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

1 Phone interview, which was mainly a conversation. Then after 2-3 weeks, I came to the Jersey City office for a 1.5 hour interview with 3 different managers. All interviews were very laid back, no coding questions

Interview Questions

• Very laid back, expected more computer science related questions, but ended up being mostly about behavioral and past experiences. Eg. most difficult challenge you faced in a group, have you ever had to design a 'software hack' in order to accomplish a task.   Answer Question

Rotational Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Interviewed with 6 different people on what they call Super Interview Day. It is an all day event from 7:45am-4pm with interviews and discussions. Care a lot about the culture and really want to make sure that new hires are a good fit personality wise.

Interview Questions

TD Ameritrade Response

May 27, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Representative

We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience with our interview process!

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

They gave me a phone call first. About 30 minutes of behavioral interview questions. It was pretty informal and was more like a conversation about your experiences and work in teams rather than an actual phone interview. A few days after the phone call, they sent an email asking to fly you into their NJ offices to give you an onsite interview. Interviewed with 4 different managers from different rotations throughout the day and got a call-back a week later with offer/no offer.

Interview Questions

• Asked some financial modeling questions - dcf, dr, irr, wacc.
      Then there were some more behavioral questions- how did you deal with conflict on a team? etc
      Some brain teaser questions too.
      Answer Question

Practice Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Had an interview with 2 employees from the company. It was very straightforward and easy. They asked mostly questions about my background and resume. They also asked what I knew about the company and why I would be interested in joining their team. Interview went well, but they removed the program shortly after.

Fixed Income Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

Great and efficient process...and I've been through every single competitors interview and hiring process...TDA is by far the best. Besides the basic personality assessment questions, expect to be asked relevant technical questions related to the job....know and understand fixed income portfolio management, bond strategy, ladders, duration management etc also expect Bloomberg Terminal questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Please describe what a bond ladder is and why would a client benefit?   1 Answer
    • Why you?   1 Answer
    • What is the current ten year treasury yielding and why is this so relevant?   1 Answer

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

long interview and asked the same question over and over again. The managers didn't know what to ask. It is very annyoing. Looks like they were killing times.long interview and it gets tiring at the end.i didn't like it.

Interview Questions

• long interview and it gets tiring at the end.i didn't like it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

very cheap on negotiation

Leadership Prgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

phone interview then site

Business and Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2013.

Interview

3 rounds of phone interviews. First one very general with hr team member. Next is with a finance manager with more questions about background/past and then some basic math questions to test you. 3rd interview with another finance manager and it is a very straight forward business/logic case.

Interview Questions

• A glass bottle full of liquid weighs 100 ounces. If you remove half the liquid, the bottle now weighs 60 ounces. How much does the bottle weigh with nothing in it?   5 Answers