TD Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TD Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Smooth and cordial. The interview was unfortunately by phone so I didn't get the chance to perform at my very best in regards to interviews therefore I still haven't received any feedback on whether or not I may get the chance for 2nd and 3rd interview with higher management.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TD

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TD in January 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview that lasted about 15 minutes. There were two other people on the line, and they would take turns asking questions. Overall it was a basic process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TD (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then 2 weeks later I got a phone call from HR. We talked for about 15 min and then she faxed me information to the branch manager. I got a call from the branch manager 10 min after scheduling an interview. The interview took about 30 min and I interviewed with the branch manager and the head CSR. I'm waiting to hear back about their decision.

Interview Questions

• What was one time that you WOWed a customer in your previous job?
      Did you have sales goals in your previous job?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TD (Springfield, NJ) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call with on the spot phone interview. Scheduled a 1:1 interview at one location. During the interview, he talked as though I had got the job but then I was told they were continuing to interview other candidates. Interviewed at a different location and kept being told that they had not reached a final decision. Still no word about the job so I'm looking elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• What was your best accomplishment at your previous job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2012.

Interview

I had the interview but didnt get hired

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TD (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

One interview, it was very professional. They answered all my questions and clearly explained career path choices.

Interview Questions

• None really except, where do you see yourself in 5 years? This was hard to answer because I am just entering the banking industry and not sure of my direction or niche yet.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TD (Cherry Hill, NJ) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied twice, the first a month prior, and on the second application I received a call the next day that I missed. It took a few days to get another call (after I called a few times) and I had a brief phone interview with an HR rep. Most of the questions were boilerplate and relevant, but a few were extremely ambiguous and difficult to gauge what sort of answer they were expecting. I don't mean this in the sense of their ideal answer that would get you hired on the spot, but an answer that would even make sense.

I was asked, "what does customer service mean to you?"
    My response was about establishing a relationship with the customer, being genuinely interested in their concerns and desire to help them. Then there was an awkward lull as if that were a bad answer, and I had to redeem myself by saying the question is a bit vague and requesting specificity. HR rep replied with ." you know, what does it mean to you?," essentially leaving me dead in the water.

They asked me if I had any direct "high volume" sales experience and I said not formal as shown on my resume, and they said well I'm sorry yada yada we are looking for people with good volume sales experience and with quotas etc., we just aren't interested. To me this means one thing, a bad corporate structure in terms of Top-Down orders about sales experience that leave little or no room for improvisation in the hiring process.

I have 10 years of face to face customer service experience in different industries and they seem to prefer a "fresh graduate" from Abercrombie and Fitch who has experience with meeting sales quotas on shirts and pants. To me, the sales experience doesn't translate in the slightest; people want to feel secure and involved in the decision of investing their money and not suavely persuaded into a decision as if they were buying a cologne. I think knowledge of products and being able to give people the tools to make their own decisions while being genuinely interested in them will sell a lot more bank products than someone of a different industry with volume goals.

Bottom line, if you want to work as a CSR at TD, start as a Teller or get sales quota experience somewhere.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Explain a circumstance where you sold yada yada.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TD (Melbourne, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

After the phone interview I met with Branch Manager from another branch since the branch I was applying to didn't have a Manager at the time. I felt the interview was pretty easy, they asked what I would do in certain situations, how I exceeded sales goals at my last job and how I handles difficult customers. I never received a call either way.

Interview Questions

• How did you exceed sales goals at your last position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TD (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

I applied on March 11th and the HR call me 2 days later on a Sunday. For me that is great! So I was interview with HR and it well and she like what I am capable of. So she have a interview with a Branch manager 2 days later. Manager expression was on my side because I was answering the question best way I can. Then a long wait until May. I met with the DM and it seem the same interview I have with the manager on March. So far I am still waiting for their offer and just keeping faith they will call. Overall the interview was great but the waiting time was little bit off.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Went to a job fair,and got a call from HR the next morning. It was a brief interview. They asked some standard questions and my past experiences. And why do i want to work for TD. Then completed online assessment, and simulation test. I have to go for a group interview next week.