TD Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TD Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at TD (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Was flown to the interview in NJ. Company wanted me to make the 7 hour drive so they could save money. Interviewed with a couple managers who I don't think had very much interviewing experience. One was rigid but was more well liked of the two. The other one was abrupt and I could tell right away that I didn't want to work for him. The questions were rather easy, nothing too technical. Lasted about an hour or so. One left to make a business phone call. The rude one stayed and immediately wanted to discuss salary. Told him I needed to better understand the responsibilities of the role. Tried pressing me again for a dollar figure but I stood firm and didn't respond. Overall was an ok experience. The offer was very low considering the high rent area and that it was a VP level position. It was so low that it was almost an insult. Company knew I would have to relocate and was reluctant to offer any relocation assistance. In the end I was offered about half of what I would have to pay out of pocket to move even on a shoestring budget. I did not negotiate the salary or benefits. The offer and what I had in mind were way too far apart. So I thanked the company for the offer but that I would no longer pursue the opportunity because I had other things in the works. I did not elaborate but obviously my explanation was not good enough. They pressed me for more reasons why I wasn't accepting. My answer remained vague. Ended up speaking with a senior manager at the company later on and was chastised for being "unprofessional". That experience further validated my decision to reject their offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a story to help convince me that I should hire you?   1 Answer

Offer was well below market compared to other banks operating within the NYC/NJ market. I would be giving up more than I'd be getting.

Other Interview Reviews for TD

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD (Surrey, BC (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a mock interview. We register through the link provided in our school website and upload our resume and supporting documents. Then we called for interview. There was a panel interview. It was held like an actual interview but the only difference was at the end of interview they provide us some feedback which was really helpful. As I knew this is a mock interview and they mentioned there is not employment opportunity! I was relax and confident!!

Interview Questions

• 1. Brief background
      2. Some questions about my resume and past exprience
      3. What were the biggest and most significant challenges I faced at work related to work, college interaction, company hierarchy, customers, etc. ? what did I do in each situation?
      4. If a customer ask me something that I do not know, what I do?
      5. Why TD?
      6. Do I have any question for them?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I had to interview with two senior managers who I have met earlier at a convention. I have shown them my spectacular financial models, and they are both very impressed by it. They are dying to have me on their team, so it was a cake walk for me.

Interview Questions

• How do you value a banana?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a 2 interview process, one-on-one each time. Both interviewers were fair although one was more easy going than the other. Asked a lot of personality and behavioural based questions as well as about my future goals. There were also technical questions asked. Overall, the process took about 4 weeks from beginning to end. It was a stressful but positive experience.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

hr, skill test and hiring manager. they test my excel skill and ask me to explain the report and provide recommendation to the report. The last round is with the hiring manager. Just went through the formal interview questions and further explain the report that they tested in excel and tell them any improvement that we can suggest to the report

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD.

Interview

Two interviews: One over the phone with the HR agent to go over the resume approx 20 mn
    Second one with the team leader and manager for more in depth review of resume and more accounting based question. Nothing too complicated. Questions about accounting controls. knowledge of excel, accounting cycle.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at TD in May 2014.

Interview

It was thorough and specific to job requirements. It lasted about 1hr. I was asked about what I did in the past and how it was applied to the current opportunity

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TD.

Interview

Quick 20 minutes call interview, asking me for the solution for the current situation in the department.

Interview Questions

• Just ask me for the solution, without involving any normal interview questions   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

Called me over the phone, scheduled a meeting and met a manager and answer basic questions. The process was not too different from standard. Got a little technical, but nothing different from what you would expect in this process, manager was polite and went well. In the end the best candidate got it.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2012.

Interview

The process was very quick, I had a 30 minutes interview and and the next day I received a positive answer.
    I saw immidiately how great is the work culture and environment.

Interview Questions

• How did you improve a process?   1 Answer