TD Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.5

174 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was really easy, it was in 3 steps, first you get an email asking you to complete an assessment, then they give you a call, asking you questions, finally you go to the group interview which is really easy. Managers and talent acquisition person are very friendly!

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous jobs?   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TD (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I get an interview by going to one of their on-campus events and I was one of 3 that showed up. They scheduled me for a super day the day after. Super day consisted of 3 interviews,

Interview Questions

• What is a Data Structure? Give me examples. The FizzBuzz problem (google it) and the 3 liter, 5 liter, 8 liter problem (google it)   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Recently applied for a couple of TD bank locations. Applied to one location and a week later received an email from a recruiter letting me know she wanted to conduct a quick phone interview. She gave me her number and told me to call her that day. She picked up and said she was on a conference call and would call me back. She never did. I emailed her 2 days later and she responded and said she was busy and would call me another time. I gave up and didn't respond. A week later she called me and left a voicemail. I tried calling back twice and she finally called back and said she had another meeting and would call me back again.. She Never did. So i left a voicemail for her 3 days later. No response. So unprofessional. (Keep in mind this is the 2nd time a recruiter that reached out to me then never responded.) The next week, I applied to another location and 4 days later a different recruiter emailed me wanting to interview. We set a time for the following Monday And she called me at the time we agreed on.(She was professional). We chatted about my experience, Why i wanted to work for TD bank and What pay i was looking for. She let me know that she passed my info along to the branch and that the manager would be calling me soon to set up an interview. 2 Hours later the Branch manager called me and we set up an interview for the next day. The interview was intense. It was the head teller, Branch manager and assistant manager. It lasted about an hour of constant questions based on my experience, behavioral questions etc. The manager wasn't' the nicest but the other 2 were very sweet. They stressed highly That TD bank has monthly sales goals for tellers,it seemed intense. So definitely avoid if you're not interested in sales. They let it be known that they are very customer service based, that they go above and beyond to accommodate customers requests. At the end of the interview they give you a sheet to write down 3 references so have those ready. Overall the interview left me a bit drained, keep in mind i have several years of Tellers experience at another bank and still found it overwhelming.

Editorial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TD (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process began professionally enough -- I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn (unsolicited) and had a fantastic phone interview, or, I should say, a conversation about the position, what I'm looking for, and what TD was looking for.

My information was passed along to the hiring manager that afternoon, and I set up a phone call with her the following week. The hiring manager was late, but hey, things happen. But she was also distracted and disengaged. We talked for about 20 minutes before she brought the conversation to a close. I was told I'd hear back in about a week about the next steps.

This was all at the end of July 2017, and here it is, the middle of September 2017, and I haven't heard anything. I followed up about two weeks after my call with the hiring manager, both with her and the original recruiter (again, she contacted me directly; I didn't apply). No one has responded to me, not even to say they aren't interested any longer or the position is no longer available.

I don't care who you are, what your title is, how busy or important you think you are... a single -sentence email takes no time at all and shows some courtesy. Anything else is unprofessional and disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself... Tell me why you're interested in the position...   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a human resources manager for a phone interview. The phone interview went that great, the manager told me he will send my information for a face to face interview at a branch. Same day got called from a manager of the branch and had the face to face the next day. The interview was great as well and was offer the position the same day. Human resources manager and branch manager were super nice and made the interview feel comfortable.

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TD (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial interview was on the phone. A week later I met with the recruiter in person where the interview was more in depth. From that I was given a choice of locations to interview at. I chose one and a interview was scheduled for about 2 weeks later. I met with the branch Manager and ASM. The interview lasted about 25 mins. I waited a week before I got tired of waiting and contacted the recruiter about the status of the interview where she informed me that I was chosen for the position. My first day was about 2 weeks later.

Technical Director Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Hyde Park, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD (New Hyde Park, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied to an open position online on indeed.com I was contacted by the HR (human resource) of td bank. He called me for about five mins three days later to schedule a phone interview with himself. He called me a week later, for the scheduled interview and asked me basic retail questions about how I handle annoying and irrated customer, whats the value of having a customer, and summarize one day at work. After that he called me two days later informing he wants to take it one step further and scheduled it with the bank manager and head teller. I went in, arrived five mins early. The manager and teller were both very nice.( Always shake their hands firmly while smiling at them it helps) they asked me pretty much the same questions as the HR and emailed me saying I needed to do my finger prints and that they were going to do a background check. They contacted my prior workplaces and it all went great. 2 days later I was emailed by the HR again with the Welcome to td new hire packet, training schedule , and orientation date .

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you ?   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks. First you apply online and then a few days later I got a call you schedule a phone interview. The phone interview went great! And told me he will pass my information on to the branch manager. About an hour later after my phone interview someone from the bank called me to scedule an interview. I went in for the interview 2 days later. The interview went great!! I interviewed with the head teller and the Assistant branch manager, the made me feel comfortable so the interview went well. Unfortunately I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself?   1 Answer

Bank Teller I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TD (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online easy process. About two days later I received a call for a short phone interview asking me my availability, if I'm bilingual, etc. then she asked to come in for an in person interview which was scheduled two days later. I went to the job interview but two people were in front of me waiting to be interviewed for the same position. So that was a little nerve wracking. I had the district manager and the branch manager for my interview. Everything thing went well till I talked about my availability. Over the phone they had told me okay because I attend college two days on the week. So I was available M W F S SN. So when I mentioned that in the interview. The branch manager told me " not to discourage you but in order for us to consider you for a position at the branch you need to attend college one day or less. Besides everyone in the branch has been working 7 years plus" that did in fact discourage me. But I kept my composure and smile the rest of the interview. Overall it was good interview not a lot of though questions. Just sucked that happened.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online, the process took one week, and I met with the store manager and assistant store manager. Since I just had the interview this week, I am not sure about the result yet.