TD Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.4

83 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Recently applied for a couple of TD bank locations. Applied to one location and a week later received an email from a recruiter letting me know she wanted to conduct a quick phone interview. She gave me her number and told me to call her that day. She picked up and said she was on a conference call and would call me back. She never did. I emailed her 2 days later and she responded and said she was busy and would call me another time. I gave up and didn't respond. A week later she called me and left a voicemail. I tried calling back twice and she finally called back and said she had another meeting and would call me back again.. She Never did. So i left a voicemail for her 3 days later. No response. So unprofessional. (Keep in mind this is the 2nd time a recruiter that reached out to me then never responded.) The next week, I applied to another location and 4 days later a different recruiter emailed me wanting to interview. We set a time for the following Monday And she called me at the time we agreed on.(She was professional). We chatted about my experience, Why i wanted to work for TD bank and What pay i was looking for. She let me know that she passed my info along to the branch and that the manager would be calling me soon to set up an interview. 2 Hours later the Branch manager called me and we set up an interview for the next day. The interview was intense. It was the head teller, Branch manager and assistant manager. It lasted about an hour of constant questions based on my experience, behavioral questions etc. The manager wasn't' the nicest but the other 2 were very sweet. They stressed highly That TD bank has monthly sales goals for tellers,it seemed intense. So definitely avoid if you're not interested in sales. They let it be known that they are very customer service based, that they go above and beyond to accommodate customers requests. At the end of the interview they give you a sheet to write down 3 references so have those ready. Overall the interview left me a bit drained, keep in mind i have several years of Tellers experience at another bank and still found it overwhelming.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TD

Teller Interview

Interview

Applied online and got a call about 2 weeks later. Did a brief phone interview then set up a in person interview. I interviewed with 3 people whom were all very nice. The overall interview went extremely well

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD (Rockville, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

The whole process took 3 weeks. The hiring recruiter interviewed me first and it went well then scheduled me a date at a nearby branch to interview with the manager and assistant manager. I believed it went well. I answered all their questions and gave insight to my own goals and how the company would be a great fit for me. Told I was going to hear back from them in a few days, but ended up getting a call back the next day for an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online, the process took one week, and I met with the store manager and assistant store manager. Since I just had the interview this week, I am not sure about the result yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

good environment the people who interviewed were nice.
    asked regular questions about availability and customer service experience.
    interview lasted about a hour with back and forth questions. met with 3 people from the bank.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TD (New York, NY).

Interview

Multiple manager interview (3 managers at the same time) The team felt warm and engaging. The interview took 1 1/2 hrs :). The questions were slightly difficult to someone who is not quick on their feet or has good business sense.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in a manager?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookline, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD (Brookline, NH) in January 2017.

Interview

It began with a telephone interview with a recruiter that lasted about 15 minutes. Since I did well, they passed my info onto the assistant manager. They they called me to schedule an in person interview for the next week. When I got there, I was interviewed by the store manager, assistant manager and the head teller. It was a comfortable environment and they were friendly. Mostly standard questions about customer service and experience in sales. I felt like I did well and killed it as they were impressed by many of my answers and how I interacted with people. However, I was sent a automated email about four days later that thanked me for sharing my valuable experience, and although I offered the skills and experience for the job, they would not be going further with me. I am still proud of myself since I brought my A-game to the interview. I will apply again when a position opens up at another store.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experiences with customers.
      What kind of sales experience do you have?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Interview

Was contacted by the hiring manager, schedule an interview for a few days later, then two weeks after was contacted by HR with an offer. Overall the interview was pretty short and the questions were pretty straight forward

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rahway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TD (Rahway, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

The lady who interviewed me didnt want to do the interview. I felt like she wanted to get the interview over with. She didnt write my answers down either. horrible experience

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TD (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

brief phone interview
    schedule for a face-to-face interview
    got the notice within 2 hours
    the interview wasn't so hard. It went very well. As long as you confident come early and make eyes contact. you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• what do you see your future in the next 5 years   1 Answer