TD Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 9, 2018

2.4

102 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TD (New York, NY) in March 2008.

Interview

long and alot of back and forth..finally was offered the position and did a background and drug test

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for TD

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TD (Paramus, NJ) in July 2009.

Interview

over the phone asked about previous cash handling experience which I have

Interview Questions

• what is your duties as customer service?   2 Answers
    • how much money did you previously handle?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TD (Needham, MA) in June 2009.

Interview

They called me over the phone and scheduled 1:1 interview. Only one interview was enough and few days later I got the offer over the phone again. Just be honest, banking is not so hard. More of the people there don't even have BS( Branches I mean, probably it is different in back office).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but it is an option

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TD (Portland, ME) in January 2011.

Interview

I applied online. I kept getting an email from TD bank asking me to complete the process, i finally attached my resume and got a message saying it was complete (Aside from the "Certifications", they explain somewhere that its okay for that to be marked as incomplete). About 2 days later i got a call from the local manager at TD bank. He had asked me a few questions about what i was looking for, why i chose TD bank, he had asked me a little bit about my schooling (Im 20 years old, went to vocational school and regular highschool), and then asked me if i were able to come in for an interview the next day.

The next day i showed up for the interview, i met with the manager and within 5 minuets we were both non stop laughing. It is clear to me that TD bank is REALLY looking for people with STRONG customer service skills. We talked about a few random things, he then asked me a few questions about past experiences in my jobs, what the biggest conflict i have had with a customer, and how i had handled it.

Once we were pretty much done talking about that, he told me he had really wanted me to meet the assistant manager, but he was in a meeting with some other customers. He had also needed paperwork for me to sign that was in the other office, but didnt have access to them right that minuet. He explained to me "Is there ANY way you can come back in a little while today, meet my assistant manager and sign a few papers?" I told him yes.

A few hours later i was called back in, i went back, signed a few consent papers saying that it was okay for them to conduct a background check, and the manager told me " Your going to get a phone call from our office, they will offer you the position. Assuming you accept the position you will be hired, and have to do the drug test within 2 days." I was kind of confused to if he was saying i got the job, or if he was saying i might get a phone cal back. I got the call, they offered me $11.00 an hour starting pay, which will go up as i am further trained. The woman told me she would call the next day and talk about training hours, and get a little more information from me.

She called the next day, asked a few questions, and one of them was " What is your highest level of education?" I explained to her i ended up getting my GED and leaving highschool. She paused for a minuet and was like "Oh...." I thought they lost interest in me. She never gave me a training hours, she told me she would call back later.

a WEEK later, she called me and gave me my training hours! Im glad to know they to discriminate on me because i have a GED. (General Equivalence Diploma)

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult encounter you have had with a customer, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

When the woman had called me, She had offered me $11 an hour. This was a dollar more then i had asked for, so i didnt even try to negotiate. (I should of) , It doesnt hurt to try, bring it up $.50, what do you got to loose? The worst thats going to happen, is they say no, and you accept the initial offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TD (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

The person who interviewed me was amazing. She asked me very basic questions..my strengths and weaknesses. She was an extremely friendly person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TD (Paterson, NJ) in October 2010.

Interview

After I apply only HR call me and ask me few question over the phone and made I face interview for the next day. We set an interview with the branch manager and he was very happy with my answers at the interview two day had passed and still waiting for an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD (Fairfield, CT) in December 2011.

Interview

After I applied I got an email from the HR recruitor within 3 days. I was asked questions about my salary requirements, availability,why I'm seeking to leave my current place of employment, etc, and for a copy of my resume. I responded the same day and got a reply from her the next day, saying she gave my info to the bank manager. I had my interview 6 days later, i sent a follow up thank you email and got a response but she hasn't made a final decision yet and said I will hear from her soon. I interviewed with the bank manger and supervisor and they were both very awesome i loved it! She was very impressed that I did my research and talked a little about the company's history. we role played and I "sold" her a checking account and she was just in love with me by the end of the interview. she also asked for a couple of extra copies of my resume. My advice: do your research on the company and be yourself, they dont expect you to be an expert but you can find plenty of info on the banks website.

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TD (Nashua, NH) in March 2011.

Interview

The HR called the applicant for the phone interview. Once it good, they will give my resume to the branch office and look at it. Once the branch approved it, they will the call applicant to set a one in one interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you handled irritate customers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

it easy. wear professional attire and be smart.

Anonymous Employee in Ewing, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TD (Ewing, NJ) in February 2011.

Interview

There are 3 interviews one telephone interview where they ask you simple questions like what was your previous job, how long did you work there, what type of salary would you like to make, and why do you want to work for our company. The second interview is a group interview where you meet with the recruiter who then will tell you the history of the company and the basics of your job then you answer one or two questions about your self and again why you want to work for their company and they will then tell you they will call you to let you know when your one on one interview with whatever branch you are going to be working at is

Interview Questions

• Tells about a time where you had to sell something to a customer and how did it go ?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you out of everybody that we have interviewed ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

simple there was no negotiation they tell you what they will offer to pay and you either accept or decline

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TD (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Very easy e=interview. Recruiter called me, and i agreed to come in. Had my first interview with a manager of a different branch, passed. Went and had a second interview the same day. I got a call to come down to TD Bank the next day. I accepted job offer, & so far it's lovely!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. You accept or decline