TE Connectivity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 30, 2017

77 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Plant Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Oceanside, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Set up by email only a week after I had applied on-line, the 1st interview was a phone interview with the hiring manager, approx 30 minutes. He clearly had not taken a long look at my resume before hand, but asked per-tenant questions based on my experience and job function.

Positive: He was upfront about the challenges facing the site. As I had seen some poor reviews for the location (not company), it was refreshing he acknowledged this upfront.

Negative: He did most of the talking it seemed - I often had to cut in to try and relate how my experience fit the situations. Also seemed some of the questions were straight out of a book or online "here are the questions you should ask" material.

Overall: Decent interview, but not as interactive as I would have liked. I much prefer face-to-face and am not used to phone interviews with the hiring manager. A week later the HR person sent a 'thanks but no thanks' email. I was disappointed I didn't have the chance for an onsite, but at least they didn't keep me hanging as so many companies do these days, so I give good marks for the professionalism.

Interview Questions

• As I lived an hour away, there was a lot of concern about the commute and if I would tire of it.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Devon, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Devon, PA).

Interview

Originally interviewed with customer service manager Tony Salvucci in Devon, Pa. (has since been replaced by a shopping center) and a few years later I interviewed with the District field sales manager in Pittsburgh, Pa.

Pricing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TE Connectivity.

Interview

applied for a pricing internship, but was emailed regarding a customer care intern. Looked at my status and saw It there was a customer care intern added. Received an email to set up a phone screening. Left work early expecting a call at the scheduled time, never got a call. Looked at my application status and it was "not selected". BAD BUSINESS Etiquette.

Customer Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Harrisburg, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

My interview process was odd, and in the end, an overall negative experience. I had a phone interview with an HR woman who told me about the position and asked me what I was looking for. I expressed that I was a recent college graduated and she proceeded to tell me they are looking for someone with at least 3-5 years of experience for this "entry level" position. Despite this red flag, they brought me in for an in-person interview. Initially, I met with the hiring manager, who was nice and asked me the generic interview questions (what is your greatest strength, weakness, why do you want to work here, etc...), followed by a different HR rep who explained more of the company's culture and benefits. Finally, I met with two people who I would have worked with. One of them told me they had been in this [ENTRY LEVEL] position for about 20 years. These two individuals played a good cop, bad cop role, in what I believe was an effort to scare me away from the position. After about two hours of telling me all the bad things about the position, I asked what they like about their role, and they responded with, "Well the company has great perks and we are always bringing in food to share." I walked away scared and confused. They told me I would hear back in about two weeks. It has been seven weeks since my in-person interview, and I still have not received word from the hiring manager or HR. I can only assume they went in a different direction.

I am surprised that a company of this magnitude would be so sloppy with how they conduct their interviewers. I did not feel respected as a feasible candidate. I could tell from the beginning they viewed me as an entitled, college graduated instead of a knowledgeable candidate with viable ideas.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage high stress situations when you have pressing deadlines in front of you?   Answer Question

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Very thorough interview process meeting several individuals for approximately half a day. Numerous follow up interviews lasting approximately the same length of time with the hiring manager. Many hypothetical business scenarios discussed and "roll played".

Distribution Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had 3 interviews. First two rounds were with were absolutely delightful. I had thumbs up from the 1st two rounds and was submitted to the next round. The last inteview was the worst interview I have experienced in over 15+ years. They were totaly unprepared, even though he had my resume submitted to them weeks ago and had not even reviewed it. They were disrespectful and simply interrogated me on my resume. You can see the inappropriate and illegal questions asked during my interview. They could not even give me a straight answer on the next steps after we finished, though I decided I would not work for someone that is such a rude jerk. I did hear back indirectly they are not moving forward, and they wanted someone with more industry experience. Confusing as I have plenty of it. But if they did not think my background was a fit, they should have saved myself and there team time by not even interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• How much did you pay for your house? When did you graduate from college? Were you laid off from this company too?:   Answer Question

FP&A Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Portland, OR).

Interview

First was a one hour interview with the Plant Finance Manager. Then the second interview was a 7 hour interview with many managers and directors for one hour each. Many different Directors from different departments and from headquarters interview.

Interview Questions

• A solution to the excess capacity utilization of the plant   Answer Question
    • about the difference of high volume low mix vs low volume, high mix manufacturing.   Answer Question

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cam, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Cam, MS) in October 2016.

Interview

I received the interview invitation on campus and the interview took place a week later. I interviewed with three people, HR, sourcing director and a sourcing manager. The two functional managers asked the questions and it was a lot interaction.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Tell me who did your interest help you in your work. Tell me why the company why procurement.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Middletown, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

This interview was for a Technical Sales Position. The company came to a career fair at our college and invited me for a technical sales rep interview. I met with the technical sales lead first and then with a manager at TE Connectivity.

Interview Questions

• What if you don't get this job?
      How are you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted and a phone interview was scheduled. I spent a lot of time preparing as think looked like a great opportunity. On the day on the phone interview I was all kinds of prepared but they never called. I have reached out to them numerous times but have received no response back. I just feel that if the position was filled or put on hold that it would be the polite thing to contact the person you had scheduled with and let them because right now I'm just left with a "What happened?"