TE Connectivity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TE Connectivity Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.9

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TE Connectivity.

Interview

I mMet the HR at the campus career fair. And after few weeks received the email to set up a phone interview. And after 1-2 weeks I received an email for invitation for an in-person interview

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TE Connectivity in February 2017.

Interview

The process for interviewing with TE, from the initial recruiter contact, through the phone screen, straight to the onsite interviews was professional, courteous, and enjoyable. While this is a fairly big company, they treated me with respect and made the stressful process much easier to navigate.

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Very thorough interview process meeting several individuals for approximately half a day. Numerous follow up interviews lasting approximately the same length of time with the hiring manager. Many hypothetical business scenarios discussed and "roll played".

Distribution Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had 3 interviews. First two rounds were with were absolutely delightful. I had thumbs up from the 1st two rounds and was submitted to the next round. The last inteview was the worst interview I have experienced in over 15+ years. They were totaly unprepared, even though he had my resume submitted to them weeks ago and had not even reviewed it. They were disrespectful and simply interrogated me on my resume. You can see the inappropriate and illegal questions asked during my interview. They could not even give me a straight answer on the next steps after we finished, though I decided I would not work for someone that is such a rude jerk. I did hear back indirectly they are not moving forward, and they wanted someone with more industry experience. Confusing as I have plenty of it. But if they did not think my background was a fit, they should have saved myself and there team time by not even interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• How much did you pay for your house? When did you graduate from college? Were you laid off from this company too?:   Answer Question

Corporate Position Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TE Connectivity.

Interview

I had a phone screen, then 2 subsequent interviews. The first one was a panel interview, and the second one was a 1:1 with the hiring manager followed by a tour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when something didn't go as planned.   Answer Question

FP&A Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Portland, OR).

Interview

First was a one hour interview with the Plant Finance Manager. Then the second interview was a 7 hour interview with many managers and directors for one hour each. Many different Directors from different departments and from headquarters interview.

Interview Questions

• A solution to the excess capacity utilization of the plant   Answer Question
    • about the difference of high volume low mix vs low volume, high mix manufacturing.   Answer Question

Tax Planning Interview

Interview

Phone interview regarding prior experience and some behavioral questions. She was very nice, we talked about my past experience and how they can relate to TE. I then asked her about her past jobs and how she came to work at TE, why, and how she likes it.

Interview Questions

• What skills from my previous jobs are transferable to this and why?   Answer Question

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cam, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Cam, MS) in October 2016.

Interview

I received the interview invitation on campus and the interview took place a week later. I interviewed with three people, HR, sourcing director and a sourcing manager. The two functional managers asked the questions and it was a lot interaction.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Tell me who did your interest help you in your work. Tell me why the company why procurement.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Middletown, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

This interview was for a Technical Sales Position. The company came to a career fair at our college and invited me for a technical sales rep interview. I met with the technical sales lead first and then with a manager at TE Connectivity.

Interview Questions

• What if you don't get this job?
      How are you a good fit for this position?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

it's an engineering intern position. The questions are easy. But the interviewers were like know nothing about engineering, when you describe your experience, it seems like they are not interested