TE Connectivity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.9

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted and a phone interview was scheduled. I spent a lot of time preparing as think looked like a great opportunity. On the day on the phone interview I was all kinds of prepared but they never called. I have reached out to them numerous times but have received no response back. I just feel that if the position was filled or put on hold that it would be the polite thing to contact the person you had scheduled with and let them because right now I'm just left with a "What happened?"

Corporate Finance & Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (State College, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a 30 minute face-to-face interview which I was contacted to schedule a day after I met recruiters at my university career fair. The interviewer was very friendly and I was briefly asked about my resume. The rest of the interview consisted of a pretty personable conversation of which went over the 30 minute timeframe. I was contacted for a second round interview about a week after.

Product Development Engineering Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

2 Interviews over the phone. One with HR and second with the Hiring manager. Relaxed, friendly interview with an offer given 2 weeks after talking to the Hiring Manager. HR interviewers went through a bit of resume and asked questions about school. Hiring Manager went through my resume with me, step by step.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the experiences you've stated on your resume in any order you'd like   Answer Question

Materials/Polymer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Menlo Park, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was casual but I still felt that I was able to accurately demonstrate my experience as well as my enthusiasm for the position. I got to meet my potential managers in a setting where I felt I was able to be myself and show my strengths to my best advantage. The people I spoke with all seemed very pleased with me and said I would hear back by the end of the week. I sent my thank yous that evening and felt very optimistic that this could be a great place to work.

This is where the process stopped being great. I got a phone call a week or so after they said they would contact me, after emailing and calling the recruiter and then the team manager with no response. They said they had gone through a re-org and were sorry for the delay, they were happy to say that they wanted to offer me the position and I would receive an offer letter that Wednesday (2 days later) upon checking on Thursday I was told it was still in the works, not to worry, just a bit slow getting through the official HR channels because they were swamped. Then radio silence. My calls and emails went ignored and I never heard from them again. Just last month I received an automated email thanking me for my interest in the position but sorry, I was not selected. Won't be applying here again.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

There were several phone interviews followed by two face to face interviews with the hiring manager and finally a panel interview.
    The interview process was similar to other interviews I had with other companies that I worked for in the past.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my trade compliance background and project management experience.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at TE Connectivity.

Interview

Internal Recruiter reached out via Linkedin. 3 phone interviews - 1 directly with the hiring manager. Then there were onsite 1:1 interviews with VPs and Directors.

The recruiter was professional & helpful at the beginning but once I went to their location for f2f interviews she just went MIA. I assumed that it meant I did not make the cut but it'd be nice to hear the reason why. After 2 weeks of silence I called her to learn that the hiring manager's feedback was that I did not give enough specific examples from my experience. My impression though was that the questions were hypothetical, e.g., "what will you do to help TE's current GM through this particular challenge?" However, the hiring manager is entitled to their own impression so I left it at that.

The next thing the recruiter said was "we are interviewing other candidates but you are definitely on our active list". This type of "line" helps no one. You either want to strongly engage candidates or you let them move on. I had another offer to think about so I told the recruiter to take me off their "waiting list".

Feedback on TE's recruiting process:
    1) Clarity & consistency: the recruiter herself was, often, unsure what the next steps would be "for this team" "dont know if they follow standards". When I asked what to expect out of certain interviews (whether it's introductory or more behavioral focused) - the recruiter shared her confusion with me rather than giving me clarity, answers like, "I'm not sure if they follow the standards. I might need to talk to them about this, etc." These reflected very poorly on the company.
    2) Courtesey: the hiring manager was very clear in the face to face interview that within 2-3 days there would be a definitive answer yer 2 weeks went by and silence. I understand that recruiters are busy, but if you reached out to people and they invested lot of time in person with your company - the least you could do is shoot them a quick "thanks but not a match" note.

Interview Questions

• (interviewer gives details of TE's current challenge) How would you solve this particular issue?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Baltimore, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

Short phone conversation where the interviewer did not ask me any questions so I had to speak the entire time. It was uncomfortable.
    I felt as if I were doing the interviewing.
    All of my questions were answered with good clarity.
    I've heard that it is difficult to interview with this particular person. Phone interviews since then have gone wonderfully.

Senior Eng Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Fremont, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview from an out of state HR recruiter, followed by local phone interview with an HR recruiter, then an on-site interview with a team of 4, back for 2nd review with the hiring manager. Afterwards, never heard of anything back regardless of repeated followup.

Interview Questions

• Prior job experience, projects, one project deserved mentioning, a couple of technical questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TE Connectivity in April 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and was contacted by the HR department. There was an initial phone interview with an HR rep followed by a more technical panel interview. I went over my experience with them and discussed what I hoped to get from an internship position at the company. The whole process starting from the referral to the offer took about a month.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my background and experiences.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TE Connectivity in April 2016.

Interview

Couple of phone interviews with people within the department. I was coming from out of state. Very casual and welcoming rather than interrogating. I felt they wanted to see if i was a cultural fit, and if i possessed the necessary skills to perform this job well.