TE Connectivity Interview Questions in Menlo Park, CA | Glassdoor

TE Connectivity Interview Questions in Menlo Park, CA

Updated May 16, 2017

Materials/Polymer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Menlo Park, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was casual but I still felt that I was able to accurately demonstrate my experience as well as my enthusiasm for the position. I got to meet my potential managers in a setting where I felt I was able to be myself and show my strengths to my best advantage. The people I spoke with all seemed very pleased with me and said I would hear back by the end of the week. I sent my thank yous that evening and felt very optimistic that this could be a great place to work.

This is where the process stopped being great. I got a phone call a week or so after they said they would contact me, after emailing and calling the recruiter and then the team manager with no response. They said they had gone through a re-org and were sorry for the delay, they were happy to say that they wanted to offer me the position and I would receive an offer letter that Wednesday (2 days later) upon checking on Thursday I was told it was still in the works, not to worry, just a bit slow getting through the official HR channels because they were swamped. Then radio silence. My calls and emails went ignored and I never heard from them again. Just last month I received an automated email thanking me for my interest in the position but sorry, I was not selected. Won't be applying here again.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

There were several phone interviews followed by two face to face interviews with the hiring manager and finally a panel interview.
    The interview process was similar to other interviews I had with other companies that I worked for in the past.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my trade compliance background and project management experience.   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Menlo Park, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Contract job. Just a 20min phone call. Brief review of my resume.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Menlo Park, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I was scheduled to have several interviews in one day. Engineers were pleasant to interview with but management from China were rude. He was obviously looking for only man and not woman

Interview Questions

• It I was interested on pursuing a management carrier, my answer was yes but he didn't like it.   Answer Question

Because the guy in charge didn't seem to be a good boss. He would have been an untrustworthy person to work for

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Menlo Park, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Standard resume review and brief questioning to get to know me and my history as well as more of my personality. I only had a single round interview and got the call-back offer the next day, but I understand that this is not common and probably only because I interviewed for an intern position

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Menlo Park, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

1) On-campus recruiting interview
    2) University recruiting interview in Harrisburg, PA
    3) 1 hr. phone interview with employee in Menlo Park, CA
    4) 6 hr. on-site interview in Menlo Park
    5) 1 hr. phone interview
    6) Offer!

They asked mostly behavioral questions and past experience questions. I had fairly easy and straightforward interviews with everyone I talked to. For the six hour on-site interview, I talked to six different people all for an hour each. Many of their questions were repeated as there isn't much planning put into interviews on their end.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I regret not negotiating more. They wouldn't negotiate on vacation time (2 weeks), but many coworkers were able to negotiate salary.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Menlo Park, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

This was a lengthy process, that required at least for me about three months. With this i had more then 5 interviews, including an all day interview with most of the staff in a particular team. The process is pretty typical, with the standard phone interviews and in person interviews. Only thing about the in person interviews is that they will ask you to meet about five to six people.

Interview Questions

• What is the revenue stream and as engineering do you believe that product management has responsibility for the P&L.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

3 hours of phone interview with 3 managers, followed by onsite with the same people and a few more, 0.5 day on site interview

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

The recruiter did the pre-screening. The interview with the hiring manager was ~30 min.
    The interview question was "Please tell me all of your industrial experience." That was it.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me all of your industry experience.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

The job profile wasn't too great. But I was just trying to get out of my old job.

Interview Questions

• Your strengths and your weaknesses   1 Answer