TE Connectivity Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TE Connectivity Product Manager Interview Questions

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TE Connectivity in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who told me about a role and asked if I were interested in talking. I agreed and we made arrangements the next day. About 45 minutes into the interview the recruiter drops a little fact on me the position is in Portland, Oregon. I am on the east coast. Would I be interested in relocating? I said, I don't know anything about Portland so I can't answer that question right now but that I am interested in learning more. Recruiter then says "before we go any further" what are your salary requirements!" At this point, I was mad. This recruiter is so inexperience and unprofessional. I told recruiter 2 minutes ago I just learned the position is on the other side of the country. I have no idea of cost of living. So recruiter says, if the position were in your city what would you require? So, I gave recruiter a range. Recruiter immediately said "No! that is way more than what we budgeted." And I said, but that salary is in my city. IDK what it relates to in Portland. Recruiter then proceeds to tell me Portland is far more expensive than my city. Recruiter then criticizes me for not having manufacturing experience and demands to know why. I'm thinking YOU CALLED ME! You should have seen that on my online profile. Before ending the call, I asked recruiter what is the budget and recruiter tells me. After I hung up I looked online the comparison to my city and Portland and as expected my city has a much higher cost of living index. The range I gave this extremely inexperience, rude recruiter was within the budget.

Companies need to realize interviewing is a two-way street and this recruiter is doing more harm than good in my humble opinion.

Interview Questions

• Why do you not have manufacturing experience?
    Would you relocate to Portland without relocation assistance?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TE Connectivity

Anonymous Employee in East Providence, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (East Providence, RI) in February 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with HR to go over the interview process and what to expect. This was followed by a one on one interview with hiring manager who zeroed in on relavent experience and skills. A second interview with the senior management team was condustced last which gave me the oppertunity to meet with the various different department managers I would ultimately be working with.

Interview Questions

• How do you influence others to perform certain tasks,that dont necessarily report to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TE Connectivity (Menlo Park, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

This was a lengthy process, that required at least for me about three months. With this i had more then 5 interviews, including an all day interview with most of the staff in a particular team. The process is pretty typical, with the standard phone interviews and in person interviews. Only thing about the in person interviews is that they will ask you to meet about five to six people.

Interview Questions

• What is the revenue stream and as engineering do you believe that product management has responsibility for the P&L.   Answer Question