TEKsystems Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.8

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview with internal recruiter, followed by an in person interview with 2 account managers and then a half day shadow with 3 recruiters and 2 account managers. Asked a lot of personal questions like what members of your family do. They want to see that you're coachable but self motivated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview to start and I was able to get an in-person interview after that. I met with the business director for that office and it lasted around 45 minutes. Very laid back and introductory. Following this I had a half-day in which I had another interview that lasted about an hour in between that. The half day ended after they took me to lunch.

Interview Questions

• When did I overcome adversity, what are some leadership roles I have had, why sales, and what are you looking for in an employer?   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Short and to the point. I was interviewed on prior experience and tested on my skills. The recruiter was pleasant and the overall experience was encouraging. The office was easy to locate.

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was very rude and seemed uninterested and short. Interview seemed very staged and never asked follow up questions regarding responses, seemed like she was just reading off of a script. Phone call was very short. Was told I would hear back by the end of the week and did not hear back for three weeks.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I was asked to come in by a recruiter to explore opportunities. She talked alot about how much value she could add to my job search and advised she was going to research several companies and get back to me.

What frustrated me is that she called my references without having any strong leads or opportunities. Lesson learned on my part to not share those until there is a viable option. I need to ensure my references are not encumbered unnecessarily.

Interview Questions

• Project scope, size, challenges, etc. What am I looking for work and what types--   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I had an initial screening interview with a recruiter, an in-person interview with the director, and then a half day shadow with 5-6 recruiters and managers. They asked very personal questions and seemed very interested in getting to know me before starting the official interview questions. The director and an account manager took me out to lunch after my half day shadow and gave me a verbal offer.

Junior .NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL).

Interview

One test, one phone screen and one in person interview with client manager.
    The online test was made by teksystems, there was one test about Object Oriented Development and another about .NET development.
    The phone interview was with a developer of the team, we went pretty quickly on my background and then continued with technical questions.
    The final interview at the client places lasted 1 hour and half, I first got some sort of IQ test with logic's question. Then I talk with the manager of the team for a little less that 1 hour with a lot of questions about front end. Finally I met the team

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about web development, especially front end.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Came in for an open house and then was called in for a sit down interview with the DBO and an Account Manager. They asked me about my previous employment, my goals, and values.

Interview Questions

• What are some long term and short term goals?   1 Answer

LAN Administrative, SCCM Deployment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Initial interview was with my recruiter who has been in the field for 20 years and very good at his job. It was for a specific role and was conducted over the phone. Pretty casual and organic conversation. Seemed like recruiter actually read resume.
    Tempo was relaxed but also very to the point and more of a get to know you and what are your goals type approach.
    After getting the first job through him and than moving on to a second job he prepped me about the interviewer at the new client. Afterwards he asked to recall interview questions and formality so to prep other candidates. I found this both nice and potentially troublesome since I'm supplying Intel to potential competition.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I've interviewed with them twice. My interviews were a year apart from each other and I have a solid resume and applicable experience. For both interviews, I made it to the 2nd round and never heard back afterwards. The interviewers I was also supposed to meet with turned out to not be who I was actually meeting with. Extremely unprofessional. They also ask really personal questions and go into a lot depth about your family life and what your parents do. I can't believe I wasted my time trying with this company. After this experience, this is definitely a company I would never want to work for.

Interview Questions

• How was your college financed?   1 Answer