TEKsystems Contractor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 10, 2017

1.8

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

The recruiters kept contacting me as they found opportunities that fit my profile. The interview went over my past experience, including details about the technologies I've worked with. The interview was part behavioural and half technical.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with your manager. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TEKsystems

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Surprisingly, I've been contracting with TEKsystems on and off for over 8 years. Each and everytime the experience is the almost identical.

You get a call from the recruiter asking if you have this or that experience, when in fact they should already know in their records your current skill sets that are listed.

The general experience with these guys are that the recruiters and the account managers are pretty much non-responsive. Meaning, if the client has negative feedbacks or is not interested, you won't hear back from TEKsystems.

I even went on 3 follow-up interviews for the same client and at the end, I had to physically drive to TEKsystems to find out the status of my interview. One recruiter that I was working with, decided she was quitting and no one at the office ever informed me as such.

In general the recruiters are as much worth as a used car salesman in the Sahara Desert. They will sell you a dream job, but they will fail to deliver.

Interview Questions

• The interview process with the recruiter is simple. They really have no idea what they are asking on behalf of the client. The real interview is with the client itself so save all that technical for the actual interview with the client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Amusing - I found the opportunity and was told it had to go via the company's recruiter, TEKsystems, so I actually had to go through an interview process with TEKsystems after already having been interviewed and accepted by the customer. The process was professional but inflexible, including the candidate testing that they were supposed to do for new applicants before presenting them to the customer. As part of the process I also had to wait on a background check to be completed and take a drugs test.

Interview Questions

• What salary are you looking for?   1 Answer
    • Please give an example of where you have dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • Please give an example of a work achievement.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was already aware of and had agreed a rate with the end customer, which the TEKsystem reps were obviously not aware of. This led to an amusing but short discussion where they tried to convince me they had an agreement for $10 per hour less than the rate I had already agreed, and that the very best they could do - because they were "keen to have me onboard" - was $5 an hour less than what I had already agreed with the end customer.

Contractor Interview

Interview

Short sweet and to the point, I don't remember even much of an interview process I was just kinda called. I did a short interview over the phone. After which, I was brought in to fill out all of the required paperwork and then I started employment.

Interview Questions

• What my prior experience was and what I felt comfortable with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Riverside, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Was a Skype interview with a lovely lady. She was sweet, energized, and happy with my qualifications. It was a very easy interview and it had been done after I completed a Java skills evaluation online. I passes and the rest was cake.

Interview Questions

• What is your expected wage?   1 Answer

Contractor Interview

Interview

Always go through the motions of getting people into the system, but I never hear anything from them after that. I've dealt with them on and off for 15 years.

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Irving, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

I was called by TEKsystems about an opportunity to get into the information security at Bank of America. I took the opportunity and ended up going to the TEksystems building in Irving to do an in person interview. I showed up in business casual and talked to my recruiter about the job. I asked what I would be doing and asked what the pay would be.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

I appeared for a face-to-face interview with TEK and a phone interview with their ultimate client. The client told me that I was the only one of the candidates sent his way by TEK whom he would even consider hiring. He phoned TEK within 30 minutes and approved the hire.

Interview Questions

• No real questions of substance with TEK. TEK is an 8A machine in essence and really gave me the impression they would not make a hire unless I was a "brotha." (This is the government side of TEK.) Fortunately they submitted me to the client and as I said above the hire was made less a face-to-face interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at all. I get $45 an hour out of $89 an hour billed by a prime Federal contractor with no other benefit. Obviously we know where this is going.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Cleveland, OH) in December 2013.

Interview

Short and to the point, tested knowledge of the client workflows and EMR. Wanted to know how long I had supported EPIC, for how many clients, and if I can commit to several rounds of go-live support.

Interview Questions

• How well do you know Epic? How long have you been supporting the application?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TEKsystems (O'Fallon, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Initial meet was in a public place over lunch. Mike was well dressed, professional and easy to talk to. Basic fact about what I was looking for and what they could provide. He described a few positions he had available at that time. I stated what I was looking for. The next day I was contacted about the exact position I was trying to get.

Interview Questions

• At minimum, the basics by technology and experience.   1 Answer