TEKsystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TEKsystems Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.9

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

The interview process was familiar to me, and most people I'm sure - where you have a phone interview and then if it all works out you will then have an in-person interview at the office you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Give me a two-minute advertisement as to who you are.   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time when you completely failed and how you over-came that failure.   Answer Question

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Melville, NY).

Interview

From my understanding of what was told to me over the phone I would be interviewing for a Help Desk position for a regional telecommunications company. The pay was stated at $25/hour. Upon actually going through the interview with the TekSystems recruiter I was informed that I was not being interviewed for said position instead it was a breath 5 minute conversation about my work experience. THEN based upon that experience they would find a job that best fit my skills.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Was called in for an interview, asked to do Skype but I was not comfortable with Skype so I asked for an in person interview. I went to the office and went through a rather "impersonal interview". Basically if you are entry level just coming out of training you will most likely not get a position with this agency (or most temp agencies of the kind) because they're looking for "creme de la crop". That is basically how I felt coming out of the interview.. IT tech positions can be some of the hardest jobs to land when looking for entry level because you're dealing with a bunch of "know it alls" who look for robotic employees. I would say not to wait by the phone expecting a call back after an interview with TEKsystems, I would not recommend them to anyone.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience do you have in IT tech? Tell me a little about yourself?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on linkedin - we had a phone screening - and then I was brought into the office for an interview. I had to wait at least 40 minutes in the lobby for interviewer because he had a phone call - probably closer to 50 because I came early for my interview.. The waiting didn't bother me as much as the fact that after receiving the rejecting email.. I emailed immediately asking if I could get feedback for my interview & never heard back. I just feel like, as a recruiting agency.. feedback is really important to help candidates grow in their career. I didn't feel valued before & especially after the process.

After the first phone interview, I asked the recruiter if he had any questions that might affect me moving on to the next round. Surprisingly, the recruiter was low-key pretty harsh- because despite the fact that I had an amazing track record of high involvement on campus, multiple leadership scholarships, & TOP corporate internships.. he said the hiring manager might judge me on the months that I have been unemployed following my graduation - and that he might think I'm quote: "LAZY" (Does he think that? Or do you already think that?).. He continued to ask me unnecessary questions related to my unemployment - like ... whether or not I had student loans that I needed to pay off - since I haven't been working. (How is that your business??)

I'm far from entitled & worked extremely hard in everything I've achieved - I just wish there was a little more empathy & that we focused on my skill sets instead. I've never been judged on my post-grad "gap" before even though I was keeping busy during that time & giving back to society (I was studying for an advanced certification & also mentoring college students - my mentees are successful - and having been interviewing at Sandisk, Facebook & Nvidia). To put this in perspective .. it's as if a life-long athlete fell off the tracks for a few months - and started already hitting the gym to get back in shape - and then a trainer approaches them to tell them they are lazy.

Yes, I'm not going to lie.. this did affect me for a short amount of time.. but I got back on my feet & just accepted an offer at a tech-giant on my own. Although, as an advocate for students- I know this could really damage people's morale & confidence esp. since being unemployed is a a very emotional/difficult/depressing time in the lives of candidates - again, interrogating someone's unemployment (esp. if they weren't even fired - & just gradated college) - doesn't help anyone.

Interview Questions

• Do you have student loans?   Answer Question
    • Are you interviewing anywhere else? Did you get an offer? Are you still talking to them?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TEKsystems in June 2017.

Interview

My interview at TEKsystems consisted of a phone interview, one one one interview, then a next day half day shadow. They kept saying how hard the job is and how stressful it was. It felt like they did not want me to be there or take the job if it was even offered. Not sure why they did the half day shadow if they were not seriously interested.

IT Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Brief phone call and in-person interview. After the interview I was given feedback and an opportunity to follow back up with the interviewer about the questions he wanted me to answer in a phone call, in person or over email. I contacted the interviewer 2-3 times to schedule an in person or phone follow up. It never panned out, no follow up call as promised, I never received the window or time the interviewer told me I'd have to provide further details in the next meeting. If you're going to tell someone you're giving them an opportunity and they follow up on it, it's your job to follow through. Flip the situation around, if I'm a recruiter and I did that to a candidate, that's a sour taste for the company I'm representing.

Interview Questions

• Started off just talking shop, getting to know each other. First big question:"Tell me a little more about who you are and what has brought you here."   Answer Question

Devops Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

I applied via online. Recruiter messaged back and we set up a phone call/interview. Was asked about what my interest are, my experience, and more technical and behavioral questions. Overall a very nice, easy going conversation focused on learning about the person who is applying.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

I was contacted by a company recruiter, and had a phone interview then an in person interview with a director about a week later. I never received a follow up, neither a generic rejection email, phone call or online application change. For a recruiting company, their interview process is a bit broken to leave candidates hanging for over a month.

Junior NET DEVELOPER Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TEKsystems.

Interview

Spoke on phone, and then they emailed me online skills review tests, which I found to be outdated. I took the tests and emailed back to them and never heard back.

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Interview

By far one of the worst experiences I have ever had in my career. I was contacted by some fresh-out-of-college "recruiter" about a PO role at a local organization. I reluctantly spoke with him as I knew this particular organization, the organization which had apparently issued the contract to Teksystems, had a troubled recruiting process. I likewise knew their compensation would not be in line with what I was looking for. But, according to this kid, they had finally overcome their compensation issues and were willing to pay a competitive rate. So, since I had interviewed with the organization in the past and had a good relationship with the manager, I told him I'd be happy to chat with them again.

Here's where things fell apart: he asked for references but did not explain at what point they would be contacted. I assumed this would not occur until an interview had been conducted. To my surprise and chagrin, my boss was contacted as well as my other references the same day I submitted the references. Similarly disconcerting was the fact that it was not the recruiter who contacted them, it was someone else at Teksystems with whom I had never spoken. At this point, I politely requested that the recruiter explain next steps explicitly going forward. God forbid we be on the same page.

The afternoon before I was to interview with the organization, I received a call from the recruiter. His voicemail indicated the manager was no longer interested in speaking with me. Mind you, I had scheduled time off work to honor this meeting. So I called him back a few minutes later, he didn't answer. I left a message indicating I would like to speak with him before the interview was officially canceled. I never heard back from him.

I was able to get in contact with the other individual who had called my references. She explained that the hiring manager said I was a legal liability but was unwilling to query him further with what that meant, or simply try to arbitrate the situation.

Not surprisingly, I never heard back from the poor excuse of a recruiter. After doing some digging, I came to find out that Teksystems was never given a contract from this organization. So the real legal liability is the fact that they're misrepresenting their business dealings.

If you're contacted by their recruiting "professionals", be circumspect in how you work with them.